We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Want to make a super potent salvia extract Options

Space
#1 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:42:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When my next pay day comes, I'm going to order a big batch of salvia leafs and make a potent extract I can use sublingually. I want to make it potent enough that, I only have to use just a small drop of grain alchohol for it to work. Wouldn't mind also extracting it back on to leaf to vaporize. Anyone here used salvia by vaporizing it? what's it like? (as I am a none smoker)

Could anyone possibly give me a good extraction tek?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:46:45 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Sure!

Quote:
Introduction

Have you ever tried making your own crude Salvia Divinorum extract at home, and wondered why it looks like a black sticky mess that smokes harsher than a porcupine eating competition? Well, fear not, for this guide will ensure a quality finished product rivalling that of store bought salvia extracts.

This extract will make approximately 10g of unstandardised 10x extract. Provided you can use a calculator, the quantities detailed below can be jiggled around to make any strength extract you want.

Equipment

100g Salvia Divinorum Leaf
The same Salvia Divinorum Leaf we sell @ The Coffeesh0p.
1x Large Saucepan
Just a regular large saucepan. Make sure it's clean. No one wants to find the remains of burnt on spaghetti in their pipe.
1x Pyrex Tray
A large, wide, glass dish essentially. You might find a casserole dish fits the bill.
1x Small Glass Container
Anything will do, even a jam jar.
1x Tall, Narrow Glass Container
The perfect tool for the job is a boiling tube, but anything remotely similar will do.
1x Pipette
Not everyone has access to calibrated volumetric pipettes so anything that looks like an eye dropepr will do. That means, a thin tube with a rubber bit on the end which you can squeeze.
2lt Propane Based Solvent
No not propane, but either propan-2-ol (AKA Isopropanol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Rubbing Alcohol) or propanone (AKA Acetone). They need to be 99% pure at least. Don't even think about using nail varnish remover.
300ml Naphtha
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:51:27 PM

The Great Namah

A simple Acetone extraction will pull a majority of the Salvinorum A out. Evap, add a very small amount of alcohol to extract, use sublingually. I am pretty sure that you can A/B salvia to get a purer extract. I don't have a tek for this unfortunately though.

I personally haven't tried this, but in theroy it should work fine.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

jamie
#4 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:53:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

search for salvia extractions by Sphere on google..Sphere seems to be quite good at it..

You can vape salvinorin A..but I think you will need a vaporizor that gets to mugh higher temps than DMT..salvinorin A has a boiling point that is very high...

Keep us informed..especially on how the super potent tincture works..Inever got tincture to work but it think it was bunk and it was mint flavored so I coulnt even tell if there was any salvia in it becasue I couldnt taste it..never made my own oral extract, only smoking.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

acolon_5 wrote:
A simple Acetone extraction will pull a majority of the Salvinorum A out. Evap, add a very small amount of alcohol to extract, use sublingually. I am pretty sure that you can A/B salvia to get a purer extract. I don't have a tek for this unfortunately though.

How do you do an A/B on salvia?? salvinorin in a diterpinoid..not alkaoid,there is no freebase form of salvinorin..would this just leave the salvinorin and cleanother stuff up or something??

either way check Spheres tek, you canget crystals with that tek if you want..then dillute them to whatever ratios you want in alcohol..YOU NEED A GOOD SCALE THOUGH!!!!
Long live the unwoke.

Space
#6 Posted : 10/9/2009 6:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've looked up the tek by sphere, seems pretty straight forward. I'm now curious to know how much salvinorin A one would need for sublingual usage? Like how much mg do they normally have in tinctures? if they just doubled the amount or something then the tinctures would be a lot better. I used to get mine from sagewisdom, and to get big alteration I'd have to take some proper burnage.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 10/9/2009 6:49:33 PM

The Great Namah

fractal enchantment wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

How do you do an A/B on salvia?? salvinorin in a diterpinoid..not alkaoid,there is no freebase form of salvinorin..would this just leave the salvinorin and cleanother stuff up or something??

either way check Spheres tek, you canget crystals with that tek if you want..then dillute them to whatever ratios you want in alcohol..YOU NEED A GOOD SCALE THOUGH!!!!

Not sure, I am not up to date on the properties of Salvinorum, but was reading a vendor's site where they alluded to using a polar and non polar solvents to seperate the lipids from the Salvinorum A. I assumed this was some sort of A/B extraction as clean up....it may only be a NP wash.
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 10/9/2009 9:34:19 PM

The Great Namah

Ah, after some quick research it is not an A/B the vendor is claiming to do, but they are simply using naphtha and other NP solvents to wash the extract.

So the NP solvent is just for pulling the lipids, tannins, gums and oils from the initial acetone extraction and leaving behind the salvinorum.
The Spice extends life

WSaged
#9 Posted : 10/10/2009 7:13:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:

I'm now curious to know how much salvinorin A one would need for sublingual usage? Like how much mg do they normally have in tinctures? if they just doubled the amount or something then the tinctures would be a lot better.

Unfortunately, it's not as easy as that. The main reason the commercial tinctures only use so much Salvinorin is because the alcohol can only hold so much of it, before you just have Salvinorin crystals floating in the liquid.

In order for the proper amount of Salvinorin to be absorbed into the blood fast enough to reach effective levels, it needs to be dissolved into the alcohol, to aid in passing the Mucous Membrane quickly enough to be effective.
The alcohol is a carrier.
This is why most people don't just eat, or chew pure Salvinorin crystals...alone they don't absorb fast enough to be very effective, if at all.

There are however other natural substances in the Salvia leaf that aid in passing the Mucous Membrane.
So you are able to chew leaf (fresh leaf is even more effective), & get results.
It takes a large number of big leaves though!

There is one Tincture available that has so much pure Salvinorin in it, that crystals are floating in the mostly alcohol liquid, as well as using natural plant compounds, to aid in absorbing the high level of pure Salvinorin. (Diviners Elixir...Google it)
Although that company does not ship Salvia products to the USA anymore.Sad
Too bad to, because it was one of the best commercial Tinctures I've tried.
Although it was expensive...it worked.
(The SageWisdom stuff was lamest of the lame IMO...)

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Space
#10 Posted : 10/10/2009 9:15:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks WS that was very helpful. I don't live in the US so if I can I'll order some of that tincture.

WSaged
#11 Posted : 10/11/2009 12:42:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Space wrote:
Thanks WS that was very helpful. I don't live in the US so if I can I'll order some of that tincture.

I'm sure you'll notice a difference!
It actually tastes pretty good too, it has spearmint in it to help with the bitterness as well.
Mmmmmminty!Very happy

BTW, you usually need to take more than the recommended doses most Tincs give you.
Usually double the recommended dosages, or consider what they recommend as a "strong dose" to actually be a moderatly effective dose.
(remember the vendors have to be careful...these things can be really heavy)

The Diviner's Elixir is a bit stronger than every other one I tried though!! You'll dig it!! Just take like 2-3 more droppersful than they recommend in most cases...

I had to take a whole freaking bottle of that SageWisdom crap before feeling anything at all!!
It tastes like shit & stained my teeth green too! LAME!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

MagikVenom
#12 Posted : 10/11/2009 6:42:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also quid 20x dry 2 or 3 small pinches between cheek and gum and your off. You can increase sublingual absorption by brushing your teeth, tounge and gums and then rinsing with a strong alcohol mouth wash before partaking.

Space
#13 Posted : 10/11/2009 2:21:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WS, I had some pretty far out experiences with the sagewisdom stuff. I am very sensitive though. And I could only have a big experience whilst in the dark meditating on it. Eyes open in the light engaging normally, and it's like I barely feel anything.

Quote:
You can also quid 20x dry 2 or 3 small pinches between cheek and gum and your off. You can increase sublingual absorption by brushing your teeth, tounge and gums and then rinsing with a strong alcohol mouth wash before partaking.

Honestly that worked for you? this is what I've been thinking of trying. The other day I saw a vendor had 25x which apparently had 70mg of salvinorin A on it, so I thought something that strong must work in sublingually if done right.