We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First time trufflels ,which strain would you grow? Options

Kerberos
#1 Posted : 4/13/2016 11:26:48 PM

Michael

Hi Guys,was given 3 strains of MS syringes for my birthday, Galindoi, Mexicana and Tampanensis.
I will be following Violets tek using 12 jars and would like to know if i should try one strain in particular or 4 jars of each?
Any feed back will be very welcome.

Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

EternalPeace
#2 Posted : 4/16/2016 12:20:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mexicana A - larger truffle growth, harder to fruit
Mexicana ATL7 (Galindoi) - smaller truffle growth, easier to fruit
Tampanensis - moderate truffle growth and fruiting

Read this thread for more info:
https://www.shroomery.or...flat.php/Number/14261479

I recommend focusing on Mexicana A, unless you also want to fruit. Then go with ATL7 instead.

TGO
#3 Posted : 4/16/2016 3:27:23 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I grew some Tampanensis last year and had moderate success. I'm used to growing strains similar to and including Golden Teachers so truffles were a new endeavor for me. I had low to moderate success but not because of the strain necessarily. There were many factors and a few lost jars along the way. I would recommend trying all three and comparing results. If interested in how my grow went down I have a completed "grow log" of sorts here at the Nexus:

Grow log updates (Sclerotia) / "Best" Spore syringe storage

Whatever you choose, good luck and happy cultivating!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Kerberos
#4 Posted : 4/16/2016 7:18:32 PM

Michael

EternalPeace wrote:
I recommend focusing on Mexicana A, unless you also want to fruit. Then go with ATL7 instead.

Thank you, i will not be fruiting which is why i am drawn to the truffle growing! Intresting link EternalPeace thanks for that.

The Grateful One wrote:

I would recommend trying all three and comparing results. If interested in how my grow went down I have a completed "grow log" of sorts here at the Nexus:

Grow log updates (Sclerotia) / "Best" Spore syringe storage

Whatever you choose, good luck and happy cultivating!

I have read that thread as i had spore syringes given to me and was drawn to your topic title.

So after the info i have been given, i think i will try all 3 with a couple more jars of the mexicana. I have a couple of days off coming up so will be preparing my jars then and will post a new topic to cover the grow.
Cheers for the replys guys.
Kerberos
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

EternalPeace
#5 Posted : 4/19/2016 12:03:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Good luck, I look forward to hearing your results in 6 months. Smile

QuantumOctopus
#6 Posted : 8/28/2016 5:26:40 PM

Gone Fission

I only have experience with galindoi.

I was able to take jars that failed to give me sclerotia (i..e just made metabolites) and colonize a bulk substrate of vermiculite and coir with it. Once I gave it a casing this substrate fruited for me and I even got prints several years ago. The substrate itself will also generate scelrotia within it that can get quite large.

I highly recommend this variety. It was quite fun to work with. I also agree with others to try all three side by side.

Good Luck

-Q
β€œBecause in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.”