We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
vaporizing psilocybin/psilocin?... Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 10/9/2009 2:22:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

There are a few reports out there but they are few and far between..has anyone here tried it?..does it even sound possible? I dont know why it wouldnt be..wouldn't one just have to find out the boiling point first and then vape at the proper temps so it's not completely destroyed?..

Probabily easier said than done becasue one would need a really accurate vaporizer as far as temperature is concerned..but still..isn't anyone doing this? I am dying to know..I think about it all the time..it eats away at meVery happy
Long live the unwoke.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Touche Guevara
#2 Posted : 10/9/2009 2:23:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've heard anecdotes of people smoking mushrooms for an effect, but everything I've read or heard from people who hadn't been on a bunch of mushrooms at the time indicates that the actives are too fragile to smoke.

jamie
#3 Posted : 10/9/2009 2:42:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^yes, but that a whole different story...

one thing I should mention..there is no freebase of psilocybin..not sure about psilocin, but that doesnt mean it's not vaporizable..

The reason it cannot be smoked, is becasue a flame burns higher than the boiling point of the molecule(both of them), effectivily destroying them..this happens with DMT as well..you cannot "smoke" DMT..sure you can use a normal pipe and a ligher, but you have to hold the flame well above it and let the DMT boil..if the flame hits the DMT is starts to destroy it..

But smokeing is NOT vaporizing..if you can get the exact boiling point of the molecule..than what you wold expect is a vapor (not smoke)..there is no burning involved..no combustion..

I am no chemist so I cant say that it's possible or not..but it seems like it could be done..

Id probabily still rather take psilocybin in a tea, but it would be neat to vaporize it here and there..
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 10/9/2009 2:56:45 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

psilocybin will likely decompose before it would vaporize

psilocin may be vape-able
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/9/2009 3:17:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ yeah thats what I had read..does psilocin have a freebase form?..or is it both if them that do not?..

It must be either hard to extract it or hard to get the proper boiling point because almost noone in the psychedelic community seems to be trying it..or they just think it's not smokable and dont really consider vaporizing..surprised shulgin or ott never tried experimenting with vaporized psilocin..

I could imagine in effects it might be inbetween DMT and bufotenine somewhat..

I would love to vape a bowl of 5-OH-DMT and 4-OH-DMT together someday..I bet it would be amazing..
Long live the unwoke.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 10/9/2009 4:07:58 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

fractal enchantment wrote:
^ yeah thats what I had read..does psilocin have a freebase form?..or is it both if them that do not?..

psilocin does, psilocybin doesn't.

Quote:
I could imagine in effects it might be in between DMT and bufotenine somewhat..

i'd imagine the boiling point would be too

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Elpo
#7 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:16:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have read on another forum that this is being done more often and that the effects are really really mindblowing. Apparently the trip lasts 40-60 minutes. Now I really don't know if my source is reliable but i would like to know if anyone has found this same information somewhere?

Peace
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

jamie
#8 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:35:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

40-60 minutes..sounds like a similar time course to bufotenine...that would be ideal..
Long live the unwoke.

acolon_5
#9 Posted : 2/19/2010 9:58:07 PM

The Great Namah

I have tried with a simple alcohol extraction. This, of course, was not freebased, but no effects were noted.

I would love to hear an actual account from a trustworthy source. To date, I have not.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

kyrolima
#10 Posted : 3/17/2010 10:44:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried to put some mushrooms in the vaporizer. I felt a LITTLE effect.
Could have been placebo...
I would do it the old fashioned way, and eat the mushy. Maybe take MAO inhibitor first.
elusive illusion

Observant
#11 Posted : 3/17/2010 10:58:50 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Maybe go try Herbs infused with Methanolic Mushroom Extract , Psilomethanol Wink .
And dont forget the Caapi Smile

"The Trippy Story Of A Man Who Smoked Mushrooms"
http://www.manticeye.com...icle.php?id=1122_0_3_0_C

I hope you will have success !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

polytrip
#12 Posted : 3/18/2010 6:07:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
A lot of the free-base psilocin must get destroyed if i'ts vaporized, since it's sayd to be effective that way at 20 mg, wich is much less then you would expect.

I once started a trhead here on free-base psilocin. From what other people posted i concluded that this is a method that WILL work and that that vaporized psilocin will hit you much faster than vaporized DMT and will last longer. So it would be something of an enhanced version of DMT in some ways.

Sublingually taken free-base psilocin is probably active at lower doses, since less of it will be destroyed by heat.

I have yet to experiment with it, although it is still on my list of things to wich i'm very curious.

I have a suspicion that free-base psilocin is extremely potent stuff if taken in the right way, since normal psilocin is already active at 2mg.

If experiments would be done with it to find the best way of using it, it could maybe even become DMT´s big brother or sister since it would be active in extremely small amounts, it would last between 2 to 4 hours, it would hit incredibly fast if vaporized and relatively fast if taken sublingually or snorted and would have effects that are simmilar to those of DMT and at least as intense as DMT.

Since it´s incredible potency you wouldn´t need 100 or 99% pure psilocin to get these effects. If vaped it's twice as strong and snorted or sublingually it could be at least 20 times as strong, so a much less degree of purity would be needed.

imPsimon
#13 Posted : 3/18/2010 9:25:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about those nebulizing experiments in this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5076
It seems like such a great idea.

What about nebulizing psilocybin or psilocin?

"a nebulizer is a device used to administer medication to people in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebulizer

polytrip
#14 Posted : 3/18/2010 10:46:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
I was thinking about nebulizers two. I don't know how costly such equipment is and if psilocin could be nebulized this way (maybe it's waxy or sticky or something). But if it would be possible....i bet that it would most definately not fail to impress even the most experienced psychonauts.

69ron
#15 Posted : 3/19/2010 1:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's probably either NOT possible or requires a huge amount for it to work, otherwise people would have done it, reported about it on Erowid, and it would be well known long before this forum even existed. Psilocin has been popular for a very long time. Many have tried this and reported that it doesn't work. I have not seen a single reliable report saying it works from anyone I trust. From those who I trust who’ve tried it, they say it doesn’t work. But possibly at a massive dose it will eventually work, who knows. Maybe 200 mg would work. But that would be such an awful waste of psilocin.

SWIM used to grow mushrooms and had them by the thousands and tried smoking them many times, and tried smoking extracts too, and it just gave a very slight effect that could have been placebo.

Until I read someone who I trust give an actual trip report from smoking psilocin, I’m going to right this one off as nothing more than a myth.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

wefollowthatriver
#16 Posted : 3/25/2014 7:46:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Im not trying to exhume an old tread(and for that this post's matter of interest may already be proven) but I thought my exp. was noteworthy. Once around 1998 I had grown P. cubensis using the same pf techs around at the time. Id ingested around 2.5-3 grams dry before entering an art history class I was enrolled in at college. After the first hour I realized attending was not a matter of staying but more of a matter of escape and I quickly made my exit to a safe space, namely my friends room, about 3-4 hours had passed since ingesting. Here is what happened when I got to his room. I was coming down after the peak and Id decided to smoke a 1/8 size amount in a gravity bong we had made a week or so prior. After the regular butane lighter combusted the dry ground stems and caps(which I held as you would normally for any effects to be felt stronger) I soon began to hear what can just be simplified as zaps and cartoon laser gun acme noise. This was new, I felt slightly dreamy as can be expected, I made my way to the couch and closed my eyes, now I dont know if I fell asleep or not, but I believe I did not, because what happened next was my cev's started to produce atypical oriental carpet 3d tapestries surrounding a walled hallway that continued to manifest until I was in it and walking towards a door to the left at the end. When faced towards the room I was looking at a large rectangular short table with nine old wise oriental men of about eighty years old. All with belly length white beards and robes as fine as the walls Id walked past. They greeted and spoke to me of only a few things and gave me a message that was just for me so I wont detail it in this, but right after I was tunneled back to my couch and was fully awake with a slightly enhanced mushroom ingested effect still moving forward. This was always a mystery to me and I can only attribute the time gone to a few minutes at best. Probably 1-2 and could even have been as short a minute itself with a perception stretch of 5-8min(what it felt like inside the dream-time vision) which ALWAYS seemed to coordinate itself with the short durations of other peoples smoked DM time durations. Call it what you want but Id had many other Psychotomimetics, including cubensis in dosage up to 5g and never had anything else like this happen. I thought maybe residue from cannabis may have played a part, but again, friends and I had all smoked cannabis on even higher grams and none ever had visions, and the bong was near new at any rate. If I had fallen asleep why awake right after the vision? Id examined this many times to come to reason that I had fallen asleep, but every time the memory of time progressing to the moment of trance seems closer to a meditation method. I felt more dreamy than tired. Oh, and chimes where heard the entire time the visions came into sight. Im convinced I absorbed some Dm analog from smoking. The time and the effects that progressed afterwards seem to solid to me. I do however believe I would had never even got to the space I had unless Id ate what I had earlier that day. The smoking later was more of a breakthrough step after my original dose. Anyway, this is here for what it is worth to someone. Stay Happy, safe, and spread hope and positivity always.

Gone-and-Back
#17 Posted : 3/25/2014 10:42:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=27807&p=2

Take a look at this thread. It sheds a lot of light on the subject. From what I understand it is completely possible and has been done already. I plan on trying it at a later point when I have enough mushrooms to extract from.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Parshvik Chintan
#18 Posted : 3/26/2014 11:06:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

couldn't one just soak dried shrooms in methanol, then evaporate it over herbs, a la changa?

if so, i am trying this.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

jamie
#19 Posted : 3/26/2014 11:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did try it..and there was a psychoactive tryptamine effect..though it was mild and not a "trip". Maybe I burned it..maybe its need to be purified and vaped probly..I dont know.

Long live the unwoke.

Gone-and-Back
#20 Posted : 3/27/2014 12:20:33 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What was it that you are referring to trying Jamie? The evaporated tincture onto leafs to make a changa, or what was discussed in the link that I posted?

I believe the best way to go about getting an extract that will be able to be vaporized is the way stated in the above thread that I posted a link too. There are promising results within it. Anyone interested in this ROA should check it out.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

12NEXT