We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Cooking with BHO Options

Gone-and-Back
#21 Posted : 4/13/2016 4:53:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I used 2/3 cups of butter for a single gram of extract, but that was also because the recipe called for that amount. It dissolved into it pretty easily, so I imagine that gram can probably fit into even less butter.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

steppa
#22 Posted : 4/13/2016 7:02:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

eg,

another option would be putting it in capsules, together with a bit of coconut oil for example.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

entheogenic-gnosis
#23 Posted : 4/14/2016 2:36:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
eg,

another option would be putting it in capsules, together with a bit of coconut oil for example.

So, I should place the decarboxalated extract into capsules with oil?

Or, are you saying, I can make super potent oil and place it in capsules?

delta-9-THC is an odd-ball compound...

It contains no nitrogen, and is not an alkaloid or an amine (it's a diterpenoid hydrocarbon), and can not be made into a salt (by reacting a freebase with an acid, a "freebase" is the deprotonated form of an amine, as cannabinoids are not amines, you can't have freebase THC. I've seen the THC-O-acetate workups, however this is an acetate ester, it's not a salt, it's not water soluble, and behaves like an oil or lipid...)

THC is really the only psychedelic which is a diterpenoid hydrocarbon, aside from Salvinorin-a and the salvinorins which are trans-neoclerodane diterpenoids...

And while all this makes THC interesting, it also means that THC is going to chemically behave differently than most psychoactives...

it's also for these reasons that I know less about THC and the cannabinoids than any other psychoactives or psychedelics...

...while I know more than your stereotypical "stoner", I still need to research the cannabinoids a bit more thoroughly, specially when it comes to oral consumption of them, which is why I posted here, I apologize for all them "chemistry nerd" stuff, I know this is a cooking thread, and m trying to stay on topic.

I've always figured that had cannabis been consumed in a manner other than smoking, it would present no risks to health, I figured the risks associated with inhaling burning plant matter were the only real risks associated with cannabis, and while they are minimal, they are also avoidable...

Cannabis is also a Bronchodilator, and could aide in treatment of asthma, however most who suffer from asthma can not smoke, so perhaps edible cannabis would be effective for those with asthma?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC1429361/
In the article above it says "delta-1-THC" however there are two numbering systems for this compound, the dibenzopyran numbering system and the monoterpenoid numbering system, so delta-1 and delta-9 can be synonymous depending on the numbering system used...

I'm hoping that I can fit more than 1gram into 2/3 cup of butter...

I know the butter or oil will "max out" regarding the amount it's able to hold, but say you go over that "max", I don't think it would hurt would it? You would just end up with extract that had not infused into the butter or oil, but it would not be lost right?

I want to eat 5-7grams of BHO, PHO, or BHO/PHO combination extract, possibly infused into butter or oil to use for cooking as this takes care of the decarboxylation issues, or possibly as raw but activated (decarboxalated) extract, though in this vase I would have to decarboxalate the extract...

How do you decarboxalate extract with the intention for oral consumption?

Do you place it in the oven at low temp for a designated period of time?

If so, what times and temps are optimal for decarboxylating butane or propane extracts?

-eg

steppa
#24 Posted : 4/14/2016 4:10:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:

Both would work. I only did the first option. But the more I think about it...with the ammounts you plan to ingest...and that it seems that for which ever reason you don't want to just swallow the pure extract...

Capsules won't really be practical.... I really like them for smaller ammounts. But I guess you'd end up with something like 10 capsules or so. Not exactly convinient.

What I would do if I wasn't eager to bake it into something or so...I'd dissolve it in liquid. Chocolate milk or so...maybe with a bit of cream or butter added.

Personally speaking...to me it looks like you are overthinking this. Or I just don't understand. If hash eating is what you want...I'd say, heat it and eat it. Simple as that.

Quote:

Have a look at post #11 in this thread there is a nice chart with temperautre/time ratio.
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

entheogenic-gnosis
#25 Posted : 4/16/2016 3:19:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Quote:

Both would work. I only did the first option. But the more I think about it...with the ammounts you plan to ingest...and that it seems that for which ever reason you don't want to just swallow the pure extract...

Capsules won't really be practical.... I really like them for smaller ammounts. But I guess you'd end up with something like 10 capsules or so. Not exactly convinient.

What I would do if I wasn't eager to bake it into something or so...I'd dissolve it in liquid. Chocolate milk or so...maybe with a bit of cream or butter added.

Personally speaking...to me it looks like you are overthinking this. Or I just don't understand. If hash eating is what you want...I'd say, heat it and eat it. Simple as that.

Quote:

Have a look at post #11 in this thread there is a nice chart with temperautre/time ratio.

I've always figured "heat it and eat it", however I'm putting a good deal of extract on the line, a failed venture is my primary concern.

I've purchased edibles from the store and was unimpressed, these edible companies realize that a single bad experiance can scare away potential customers from edible cannabis, so the marketed edibles, even when eaten in mass, were unable to do anything more than an average smoking would have...I'm an advocate for daily consumption and responsible use, however after re-reading Ludlow

and thinking back to the +++ (shulgin scale) cannabis ordeals of my youth, I wanted to recreate and explore one of these +++ cannabis states, only since I've grown, and explored conscious states, meditation and mind practices and consciousness altering compounds and learned more in every aspect of life, I thought re-exploring a cannabis ordeal may be benneficial...there's a good deal I could have missed a as youth.

Other than that I really just want to learn the "ins and outs" of cannabinoids, I could fill an entire thread with chemistry knowledge regarding cannabinoids, however a good deal of this information is of minimal usefulness regarding practical real world consumption.

In post #19 of this thread I posted this link http://cannabischris.com...rboxylation-of-cannabis/ This link is the site which that chart was sourced from, complete with full information.

Again, before I put 1/4 oz of extract on the line, I want to be certain that I'm not going to destroy the extract or prepare it improperly, I've read several web-sites on the topic, but still prefer talking with those who actually prepare edible hasheesh and extract, preferably those with much experiance.

I understand chemically exactly what's going on, there's a COOH (carboxyl) grouping at position 2 of the THCA molecule, with time or heat this grouping disconnects from the molecule, leaving as CO2 gas, and yielding delta-9-THC in the process...

Now, all this is great, but does little for practical application of preparing edible cannabinoids, no?

I know a good deal about most psychoactive compounds, however I know the least about cannabinoids...well, as far as chemistry and pharmacology go, I actually know quite a bit, but as far as real world oral consumption of the plant, I don't know much. My social circle, like myself, puts very minimal effort into cannabis research and consumption, so as a means of a more well rounded real world understanding of cannabis, I will inquire as much as I can when speaking to people with information on the topic.

-eg

InLaKesh
#26 Posted : 4/16/2016 10:26:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

I've purchased edibles from the store and was unimpressed, these edible companies realize that a single bad experiance can scare away potential customers from edible cannabis, so the marketed edibles, even when eaten in mass, were unable to do anything more than an average smoking would have...I'm an advocate for daily consumption and responsible use, however after re-reading Ludlow

and thinking back to the +++ (shulgin scale) cannabis ordeals of my youth, I wanted to recreate and explore one of these +++ cannabis states, only since I've grown, and explored conscious states, meditation and mind practices and consciousness altering compounds and learned more in every aspect of life, I thought re-exploring a cannabis ordeal may be benneficial...there's a good deal I could have missed a as youth.

Maybe you can reproduce your +++ experience by making a 1 or 2 week break from weed and have a high dose of the store edibles and some smokes on top afterwards ?
Just a thought ( i make thoses braks about 2 or 3 times a year ,good time for dreamwork...)
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

entheogenic-gnosis
#27 Posted : 4/18/2016 1:57:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

InLaKesh wrote:
entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

Maybe you can reproduce your +++ experience by making a 1 or 2 week break from weed and have a high dose of the store edibles and some smokes on top afterwards ?
Just a thought ( i make thoses braks about 2 or 3 times a year ,good time for dreamwork...)

Yes, abstaining from cannabis was a crucial part of the plan, I was thinking 5 weeks, just over a month, then consuming an oral extract dose comparable or higher than fitz hugh ludlow's "hasheesh eater" dose.

I've noticed that even after months without smoking, I still can't reproduce a +++ ordeal...

when I was young my experiences were near identical to Mr. Ludlows, which is part of why I love "the hasheesh eater" so much, even though it was written in 1857, Mr. Ludlow behaves in a manner which all modern cannabis users should find familiar, this behavior would not be well known amongst common people until around the 1960s...

Maybe there really are these special experiences that only cannabis neophytes are able to endure, and as use over time continues, the potential for these experiences greatly diminishes...

The first time I smoked cannabis it didn't do much, I was assured that The cannabis was of the highest quality, but I only noticed a rapid increase in appetite, and a strange feeling like I was wearing a headband or a hat, though I wasn't...
However around my 3rd attempt I was blown away, this was just as intense as psilocin or any other actual psychedelic, a "+++.5"...
I was able to experiance this type of intensity throughout my early days of use, but as I aged, I eventually lost the ability to obtain such effects.

I'm actually glad that cannabis is a ++ compound for me, even at massive dose. I have severe nausea and appetite issues, plus psychologically cannabis makes me happy, healthy, calm, it increases my intellect, makes me peaceful, stress-free, inspired, and meditative. In this way cannabis is a daily medicine and entheogen, it induces all of the holy states listed above, and keeps my contact with sacred plants daily.
You can't use other psychedelics this way, the other psychedelics were not meant for daily use, so there had to be at least one Entheogenic plant that was mild enough to aide us on our daily journeys, induce positive psychedelic traits in our behavior, and without out impairing our ability to function, I'm glad I have cannabis to serve these functions.

...yet, there is still a part if me that wants to re-explore cannabis ordeals, specially now that I have matured in every aspect of life, as well as accumulated a wealth of knowledge, I feel.I somewhat wasted these experiences, because as a youth I was unable to grasp the implications of them, and was unable to derive valuable interpretations of them.

-eg

Cactus Man
#28 Posted : 7/18/2018 9:22:27 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Tried doing an experimental mini run the other day dissolving 100-200mg of BHO into about a shot glass or less worth of coconut oil using a home made double boiler by boiling water in a pot and putting the coconut oil with the BHO in a jar inside the boiling water.

It only ended up being double boiled for a short period (under an hour) and I was hoping that it wouldnt need a long time especially in such a large amount.

My question is when cooking up hash oil in coconut oil how long should it be cooked for?

Cactus Man
#29 Posted : 12/25/2019 8:40:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Made some cannabis firecrackers with BHO recently. Worked so well im planning to do it again in the near future. Planning to turn over a new leaf and quit smoking/vaping for the new year in favor of oral administration.

Planning to start mini-dosing cannabis edibles regularly. Big grin

I tried a 50mg BHO cracker the other day and it seems like 25mg would be the perfect mini-dose for me.

PREV12