We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"psychadelic drug concerns" - bizzare news story Options

skoobysnax
#1 Posted : 4/5/2016 4:10:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Another bizzare story giving fuel to misinformation. The video cracked me up a bit but sad that misinformation like this gets out there. The title is misspelled on purpose, as you will see in the video. http://www.ksby.com/stor...utm_source=facebook_KSBY
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ufostrahlen
#2 Posted : 4/5/2016 8:37:24 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Quote:
Inside the pickup, deputies say they found a loaded .45 caliber handgun, a rifle, a wig, two-way radios, a bulletproof vest and the ingredients of a drug which deputies say they had never seen before in SLO County.

Sounds like a story from Anne's life. Big grin Seriously, a bulletproof vest? That doesn't protect you from hyperspace entities.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Wolfnippletip
#3 Posted : 4/5/2016 2:23:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen:
Sounds like a story from Anne's life. Big grin Seriously, a bulletproof vest? That doesn't protect you from hyperspace entities.

But a bulletproof vest might help protect you from silver bullets and wooden stakes when the villagers come after you. Probably not much protection from pitchforks though. Smile
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Lizz
#4 Posted : 4/5/2016 6:48:55 PM

Reptilian humanoid

Quote:
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health administered by the U.S. Government, from 2006 to 2012, DMT use in the nation doubled from about 700,000 users on record to more than 1.4 million.

I wonder if this site has anything to do with that phenomenon?
And I'm lonesome when you're around
I'm never lonesome when I'm by myself.
And I miss you when you're around...

smoothmonkey
#5 Posted : 4/5/2016 9:07:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish every one of these people would try it
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

hixidom
#6 Posted : 4/5/2016 10:47:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lots of sanity in the article comments though, which is nice.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 4/6/2016 1:39:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I guess he is lucky he ran away, "possession of chemicals with intent to manufacture" is a harsh charge...

I didn't look like he just had NAOH, naptha, and plant material, all in separate containers, all potentially usable for other things, (the ACRB is for making dye, the NAOH has household uses as does the naptha...it looked like he was driving around with jars full of soup in his pick-up bed, and evaporation dishes in his back seat, plus leaving the guns and vest, and wig and radios was a nice touch, gives the story a funny/bizzare flavor...

Maybe this man broke physically into hyperspace while driving, his body crossed the barrier that our minds cross on DMT, and he will never be seen again...(obviously I'm joking)

... or maybe all the DMT on him attracted a UFO and he was abducted, crashing the truck in the creek as beings from space beamed his body onto their ship...(Again, not serious)

-eg

null24
#8 Posted : 4/6/2016 3:59:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What doesn't belong in this list?
A wig, a gun, a bulletproof vest, DMT.

Believe it or not, I have actually known some pretty enlightened bank robbers. Yes, plural. I don't know anything y'all don't, and I'm not saying that's what this guy was doing but it looks pretty obvious if that is the case. I've always said DMT was here to destroy capitalism along with all the other institutionalized structures like religion, so maybe this guy was just carrying the torch?

Then again, maybe not. I really like to see an update on the story, have they found the guy yet? Because he's looking at a whole raft of felony charges. That's a jacket I would not want to wear.

This continues with a theme that I've noticed in all of the DMT "lab" busts that I've seen stories on, and that is other than the requisite disinformation, it seems like the only time anybody gets in trouble for this is under some pretty extreme extenuating circumstances. Like driving around in a truck with a bunch of soup jars and evap dishes in it.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

brilliantlydim
#9 Posted : 4/6/2016 5:14:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lizz wrote:
Quote:
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health administered by the U.S. Government, from 2006 to 2012, DMT use in the nation doubled from about 700,000 users on record to more than 1.4 million.

I wonder if this site has anything to do with that phenomenon?

Nah, probably all Joe Rogan Big grin

null24 wrote:
What doesn't belong in this list?
A wig, a gun, a bulletproof vest, DMT.

Believe it or not, I have actually known some pretty enlightened bank robbers. Yes, plural. I don't know anything y'all don't, and I'm not saying that's what this guy was doing but it looks pretty obvious if that is the case. I've always said DMT was here to destroy capitalism along with all the other institutionalized structures like religion, so maybe this guy was just carrying the torch?

Then again, maybe not. I really like to see an update on the story, have they found the guy yet? Because he's looking at a whole raft of felony charges. That's a jacket I would not want to wear.

This continues with a theme that I've noticed in all of the DMT "lab" busts that I've seen stories on, and that is other than the requisite disinformation, it seems like the only time anybody gets in trouble for this is under some pretty extreme extenuating circumstances. Like driving around in a truck with a bunch of soup jars and evap dishes in it.

I find it hard to believe someone is rolling around in a truck doing extractions on the way to rob a bank. Something doesn't make sense here.

anne halonium
#10 Posted : 4/6/2016 8:15:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Ufostrahlen:
Sounds like a story from Anne's life.

not exactly.
OTC vests arent fashionable.
kevlar can be bought by the bolt.
line your fur coats!

who the hell operates without bodyguards anyway?

whole OP(eration) sounds ghetto and paranoid.
not good lab practice at all.........
and the correct use of vehicles is convoy , never production.
i suspect they are trying to soil us by equating us with meth labs.
shame.

45's are useless against armoured goons.
cant anyone spell B.A.R.?
fashionistas can get custom stocks in colors now, and monograms!

and finally, whole point of a lab is so you dont have to rob banks.
you can stay home wasted and watch bank robbery on TV!
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

marz
#11 Posted : 4/9/2016 2:15:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is better thean goon and gun talk meet my cat tom!
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 4/9/2016 2:49:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This is fairly interesting "goon and gun" talk though...

I mean there are reasonable possibilities:

this person could have got kicked out of their home, didn't want to leave their stuff behind, so they packed it into their car which became their home, and then wrecked the car and ran, possibly while under the influence...

Though I'm sure it's crazier than just that...

it's fun to speculate about "just what was going on here?"

It also brings up an ethical impasse for me....

I've always wondered, is it ethical to teach people how to extract DMT over the internet?

-eg

marz
#13 Posted : 4/9/2016 3:17:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make a few good points me yes I think it's completely completely ethical to teach people extraction procedures but you should take into account that a rolling lab is not smart even if the possibility you're down on your luck and homeless and as fair as the goon and gun talk i dont mind it I just don't want anyone getting in trouble even if it is very interesting but if you're going to extract DMT please do so in a common sense manner stories like this doesn't help the Psychedelic Community any.

Remember to extract and then throw away because it's illegal Smile
"PSYCHEDELIC DRUGS DON'T CHANGE YOU- THEY DON'T CHANGE YOUR CHARACTER-UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE CHANGED THEY ENABLE CHANGE THEY CAN'T IMPOSE IT...."
-ALEXANDER SHULGIN

It's time to move on to the next step in the psychedelic revolution

entheogenic-gnosis
#14 Posted : 4/10/2016 2:47:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that it's benneficial in that it ensures that these people are learning from safe and accurate information, and are being encouraged by a community of generally responsible and morally conscious individuals.

Though at the same time, by teaching anybody and everybody you may be teaching people who will disregard responsible and safe practice, and cause damage, injuries, and other problems, and not just for the psychedelic community, but for the community as a whole...

I'm glad the nexus has certain policies in place regarding membership and ethics, and I feel that information like this shouldn't be suppressed.

The problem is that growing popularity of DMT and other psychedelics are attracting people who may not share the general attitudes of the established psychedelic community, which as a whole is very conscious about being responsible, being safe, being respectful, being educated, and being mindful of the impacts of their actions when it comes to extraction...

It's a tough issue, personally I want to do all that I can to ensure that the use of these compounds is protected, personally I want to spread psychedelics and their message...

...but I don't want public media scares over a few individuals who perpetrate acts which frighten the public to result in tougher penalties, more legislation restricting plants and compounds used in extraction, raids on DMT users, prisons cells being filled with DMT users, etc...

I also don't believe information and speech should be restricted...

There's a chapter in TIHKAL regarding Australia and other nations without freedom if speech banning the book, and shulgin makes great arguments and points relating to this exact issue, and over all I side with shulgin, but even shulgin himself was aware if the potential negative effects of his choice, and he must have struggled with this same issue, and in the end, I reached the same conclusions as sasha, though just like sasha, I'm not blind to the imoacts of this choice....

I will always provide information regarding DMT, none of this has stopped me, but I also think that it was benneficial to step back and examine the issue, and I'm going to be far more mindful from this point on.

-eg

anne halonium
#15 Posted : 4/10/2016 8:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

this person could have got kicked out of their home, didn't want to leave their stuff behind, so they packed it into their car which became their home, and then wrecked the car and ran, possibly while under the influence...

I've always wondered, is it ethical to teach people how to extract DMT over the internet?

anyone who cant hold a lab base camp, shouldnt be in business IMO.
anyone who cant move a lab point A to point B without security.
shouldnt be in the game either.

teaching?
of course its an ethical question of merit, i have it also......
it comes down to what kinda collateral damage you can tolerate.

i teach shrooms and cacti.
i can accept that level of mayhem.
but, i dont teach hive grade chem ................
you can show peeps absolute proper lab and glass and procedure,
and it always degrades to sloshing plastic milk jugs behind the shed ,
while mom watches TV.......

now please, all the people with mobile ( home) labs in el caminos,
spare me the flame back.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

entheogenic-gnosis
#16 Posted : 4/11/2016 2:21:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:

teaching?

spare me the flame back.

Ok, I actually agree with you on many points here, which is somewhat rare as we generally debate, however:

I feel when it comes to shulgin level chemistry, which is all at about 3rd year organic chem. Level, and hive type chemistry, which is nearly as advanced, sometimes more, I feel when it comes to this chemistry the ethical implications are far more minimal, anybody who has spent three years in college organic chemistry is going to have picked up good lab habits and ethics, and anybody else won't understand it, it's so far over most people's heads that it's not a threat, or it requires lab gear and reagents that most will not have access to..

Now, when it comes to "uncle fester books", and household methamphetamine workups, I'm obviously opposed to this...

It's a complex issue, and ultimately I take the shulgin philosophical outlook on it...

Though I'm very mindful, I believe there should be no "forbidden knowledge", I believe in freedom of speech and information, I believe that all secrets should be told...

The information is just information... at what level am I responsible for what people do with it? I can't control or predict the actions of others...

... and if you restrict the information what determines who does and who does not have access to it?

-eg

skoobysnax
#17 Posted : 4/14/2016 4:52:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anne halonium wrote:

teaching?

spare me the flame back.

Ok, I actually agree with you on many points here, which is somewhat rare as we generally debate, however:

I feel when it comes to shulgin level chemistry, which is all at about 3rd year organic chem. Level, and hive type chemistry, which is nearly as advanced, sometimes more, I feel when it comes to this chemistry the ethical implications are far more minimal, anybody who has spent three years in college organic chemistry is going to have picked up good lab habits and ethics, and anybody else won't understand it, it's so far over most people's heads that it's not a threat, or it requires lab gear and reagents that most will not have access to..

Now, when it comes to "uncle fester books", and household methamphetamine workups, I'm obviously opposed to this...

It's a complex issue, and ultimately I take the shulgin philosophical outlook on it...

Though I'm very mindful, I believe there should be no "forbidden knowledge", I believe in freedom of speech and information, I believe that all secrets should be told...

The information is just information... at what level am I responsible for what people do with it? I can't control or predict the actions of others...

... and if you restrict the information what determines who does and who does not have access to it?

-eg

If you've never seen "Dirty Pictures" the Shulgin documentary you must check it out ASAP. Shulgin's books were written because he realized his research could get destroyed by the powers that be. Just like Wilhelm Reich's work did. In the doc you get to see he and Anne interact debating science and spirituality in this heartwarming way.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

entheogenic-gnosis
#18 Posted : 4/15/2016 2:15:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
anne halonium wrote:

teaching?

spare me the flame back.

-eg

If you've never seen "Dirty Pictures" the Shulgin documentary you must check it out ASAP. Shulgin's books were written because he realized his research could get destroyed by the powers that be. Just like Wilhelm Reich's work did. In the doc you get to see he and Anne interact debating science and spirituality in this heartwarming way.

I've seen "dirty pictures" many times, a classic in my eyes, it's also a great piece for this exact topic, thank you for brining it up because that film sums up my conclusions better than simply telling others "you have to read TIHKAL/PIHKAL"

Shulgin obviously struggled with this issue of (al)chemical ethics to a degree beyond what most will ever have to, and ultimately, I feel shulgin made the ethical choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXHyKyoHJzo
Dirty pictures - Alexander shulgin documentary.

I face this issue on a daily basis, and I receive criticism for my willingness to share information, but I can assure you, it was not without deep contemplation and long thought that I reached my conclusions.

To critics of my behavior I can't help but ask:

...how ethical was it to wage war on drugs in the first place?

How ethical was it to schedule psychedelics in the most restrictive category, when they fit none of the prerequisites? (Schedule one means ·No medical value ·Dangerous ·High abuse potential)

How ethical is it to restrict information?

-eg