We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
San Pedro questions Options

Al-Wasi
#1 Posted : 3/30/2016 12:44:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does the diameter of a cactus indicate when it's ready to be harvested and prepped for consumption?

Simple quick question. Also does age have any bearing on when it's ready for consumption or growth only ?
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Al-Wasi
#2 Posted : 4/1/2016 12:50:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

DeDao
#3 Posted : 4/1/2016 5:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd Personally recommend not harvesting a cactus unless the cutting is about 2-3inchesin diameter, 3inches ideally.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 4/7/2016 11:50:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

My pot-grown cacti would take forever to get that big, so I lavished them with love and then cut them when they were too tall for the windowsill. Leaving the cuttings for a year or two in a dimly-lit place (no soil) may or may not have had some effect on the final potency of the brew (well, it definitely worked!) but I could not compare with un-aged cuttings. Thinking about it, most of them were about 2 inches diameter but none was anywhere near 3 inches.

And then of course there's the factor of San Pedro referring to any of a number of Echinopsis (Trichocereus) species, and the overall providence thereof...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 4/8/2016 12:04:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The mescaline content of T. pachonoi can vary widely
depending on growth conditions. In particular, the conditions
favoring most rapid growth (frequent waterings) do not produce the
highest mescaline content. See the section on cultivation for more
information. -erowid

Most will tell you that the older cacti will have more mescaline...

Some will also tell you that, similar to when humans are stressed they produce cortisol as a response, that mescaline is produced in cacti as a means of stress response, so older cacti, that have been through a good deal of stress and recovered will contain more mescaline.

...Though I'm not sure how true any of this is, and am somewhat curious myself.

As far as I know there isn't an exact time to harvest trichocereus cacti, if your able, and have large selection I'm sure there are preferred stalks, but these cacti can potentially be active during almost any stage of its life...

-eg

urtica
#6 Posted : 4/8/2016 6:55:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My understanding is that an older specimen will be much more potent than a younger one.

That might explain why alkaloid %'s in the literature fluctuate so wildly, since people who are analyzing wild collected cactus in the Andes get nice yield, while folks in Europe analyzing young seed grown plants get low yields.

I say let em get a few feet tall, the girth thing is tricky since the various species vary wildly in their girth, bridgesii tending to be narrow while peruvianus and pachanoi seem to be fatter, if you got a terschekii or validus or something they can get 12-14 inches in diameter (!)
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.