We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
"Nixon Aide Admits Drug War Used to Target Black People" Options

RAM
#1 Posted : 3/23/2016 4:23:10 AM

Hail the keys!

While this hardly comes as a surprise, it is interesting and serves as a good reminder to have straight-up evidence of the blatant evil perpetrated by some politicians.

Quote:
The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.

http://www.huffingtonpos...56f16a0ae4b03a640a6bbda1
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

V01D
#2 Posted : 3/23/2016 5:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And also this....

Taken from the Shafer Commission report

Quote:

In this Chapter, we have carefully considered the spectrum of social and legal policy alternatives. On the basis of our findings, discussed in previous Chapters, we have concluded that society should seek to discourage use, while concentrating its attention on the prevention and treatment of heavy and very heavy use. The Commission feels that the criminalization of possession of marihuana for personal is socially self-defeating as a means of achieving this objective. We have attempted to balance individual freedom on one hand and the obligation of the state to consider the wider social good on the other. We believe our recommended scheme will permit society to exercise its control and influence in ways most useful and efficient, meanwhile reserving to the individual American his sense of privacy, his sense of individuality, and, within the context of an interacting and interdependent society, his options to select his own life style, values, goals and opportunities.
The Commission sincerely hopes that the tone of cautious restraint sounded in this Report will be perpetuated in the debate which will follow it. For those who feel we have not proceeded far enough, we are reminded of Thomas Jefferson's advice to George Washington that "Delay is preferable to error." For those who argue we have gone too far, we note Roscoe Pound's statement, "The law must be stable, but it must not stand still."
We have carefully analyzed the interrelationship between marihuana the drug, marihuana use as a behavior, and marihuana as a social problem. Recognizing the extensive degree of misinformation about marihuana as a drug, we have tried to demythologize it. Viewing the use of marihuana in its wider social context, we have tried to desymbolize it.
Considering the range of social concerns in contemporary America, marihuana does not, in our considered judgment, rank very high. We would deemphasize marihuana as a problem.
The existing social and legal policy is out of proportion to the individual and social harm engendered by the use of the drug. To replace it, we have attempted to design a suitable social policy, which we believe is fair, cautious and attuned to the social realities of our time.

http://www.iowamedicalma...cuments/nc1contents.aspx

benzyme
#3 Posted : 3/23/2016 7:15:57 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yea, I saw that...
I kinda figured it went as far back as Anslinger and Hearst in 1937, read about it in Marihuana Reconsidered (1971), in 1995.

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 3/23/2016 12:42:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ox7I-lNu-QI

Clip of Nixon speaking about fighting cannabis legalization, he makes some pretty rascist statements...

-eg

hixidom
#5 Posted : 3/23/2016 1:25:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm too young to remember all of this so... Goodbye last bit of faith in US government.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

eastlancsguy
#6 Posted : 3/23/2016 3:12:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Haprer article linked to in the HuffPost page is fantastic. Well worth a read.

Hopefully things will start to change with UNGASS 2016 this year, but I won't hold my breath...

Doc Buxin
#7 Posted : 3/25/2016 12:02:13 AM

Pay No Mind

hixidom wrote:
I'm too young to remember all of this so... Goodbye last bit of faith in US government.

Oh honey...

Faith in a government? Tsk, tsk Wut?

As I have done many times in the past, but rarely do anymore, may I point out that the U.S. government is the biggest, baddest, most ruthless, drug-dealing, gang-banging, terrorist organization on the face of planet Earth today.

Don't ever kid yourself otherwise. Wink
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Godsmacker
#8 Posted : 3/25/2016 2:08:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
hixidom wrote:

Oh honey...

Faith in a government? Tsk, tsk Wut?

As I have done many times in the past, but rarely do anymore, may I point out that the U.S. government is the biggest, baddest, most ruthless, drug-dealing, gang-banging, terrorist organization on the face of planet Earth today.

Don't ever kid yourself otherwise. Wink

I'd just like to say that i'm happy I voted for the most intelligible and honest candidate I could conceive of in such a dark, deranged, damp, dull and demented democratic primary season as our's.

'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 3/25/2016 2:19:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Larry wilmore did a piece on this topic on "the nightly show", I could not find the clip I was looking for, but have noticed a good deal of mainstream media attention to this story, even seeing stories on CNN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnNWkTA9IMg

I hope this means people are realizing that this drug war needs to end, it was founded on rascism, manipulation of black markets, and exploitation...

The drug war was designed to raise large sums of untraceable cash for government agencies, while simultaneously functioning as a means of social control...

-eg

Psilociraptor
#10 Posted : 3/25/2016 2:44:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There has been a lot of criticism of the drug war in the news lately which is exciting. All while the UK escalates their efforts.... But nonetheless I'm glad this has turned from a discussion on pot legalization to a discussion of ethics and productivity of the drug war as a whole. Anyways I'm bookmarking this quote to share with my conservative family. It's nice to have something straight from the source to tell the sheep what they should have known all along Big grin

Praxis.
#11 Posted : 3/25/2016 2:53:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Black people are still getting locked up at obscene rates for petty drug offenses, specifically for marijuana possession. Others are getting rich growing and distributing it openly for all to see.

Now that the face of the heroin epidemic in the US is white, drug abuse is no longer framed as a public safety issue, but a matter of public health.

This is a pattern. It wasn't born with Nixon and it didn't die with him either.
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

anne halonium
#12 Posted : 3/25/2016 6:29:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im clueless why we dont DEMAND drug war trials like nuremberg trials.

the perps on this , should be hunted door to door, dog and helicopter,
and shipped to the hague for brisk 15 minit drug war trials.............

sentencing , of all collaborators should be harsh , swift, and without a hint of mercy.
ESPECIALLY , the ones who were " just following orders"
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Ufostrahlen
#13 Posted : 3/25/2016 6:51:37 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

anne halonium wrote:

sentencing , of all collaborators should be harsh , swift, and without a hint of mercy.

Because you can only hold trials when the war is over. The atom bomb hasn't dropped yet. That I can tell. The question is: is it 1943 or 1945? And even in 2011 you'll have Nazi terrorists killing people (at a less larger scale tho) and burning refugee shelters in 2016.

An advice for the general(ette?) who will order dropping the atom bomb: be a gentle(wo)man and let it drop on Mt. Fuji, not on 140,000 civilians. You'll sleep better.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

anne halonium
#14 Posted : 3/25/2016 7:08:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^i could really run with this , as im a big believer.
but i wont.............

pitubo
#15 Posted : 3/25/2016 10:34:57 PM

dysfunctional word machine

anne halonium wrote:

If the International Criminal Court in The Hague were in any way real, the government officials who where leading the last invasion of Afganistan and especially Iraq would be facing charges of war crimes. This would not only include US and British officials, but also Dutch officials, who held office in -- The Hague (!)

I'd start prosecuting the ones giving the orders before the ones following. This does not generally excuse anyone, but more power and authority implies more responsibility and culpability. In the end, almost every citizen of the nations involved bears a non-negligible amount of responsibility for these and many other atrocities - it would also include you and me.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#16 Posted : 3/26/2016 12:11:24 AM

just some guy

Godsmacker wrote:
I'd just like to say that i'm happy I voted for the most intelligible and honest candidate I could conceive of in such a dark, deranged, damp, dull and demented democratic primary season as our's.

I died of funny. Thumbs up

anne halonium
#17 Posted : 3/26/2016 4:35:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:

If the International Criminal Court in The Hague were in any way real.........

^i know its a joke isnt it.

pitubo wrote:
it would also include you and me.

not sure id go that far.
ive been fighting hard for the cause for about 40 yrs now.
as much as i believe in personal responsibility,
sometimes ya have to pin it all on on the active collaborators and call it a day.

Doc Buxin
#18 Posted : 4/15/2016 1:44:48 AM

Pay No Mind

anne halonium wrote:

I really admire this idea.

Not bad anne...not bad at all.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

null24
#19 Posted : 4/15/2016 2:12:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:

Don't forget slave-trading! Best on earth since the Babylonians!

Quote:
Black people are still getting locked up at obscene rates for petty drug offenses, specifically for marijuana possession. Others are getting rich growing and distributing it openly for all to see.

Now that the face of the heroin epidemic in the US is white, drug abuse is no longer framed as a public safety issue, but a matter of public health.

Amen. Suddenly the 75% mortality rate of heroin addicts means something?
Black lives matter, yeah right, the only time black lives were of any value in this country was when they had monetary value as property.

They still do as prison stock.

Welcome to AmeriKKKa.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Nathanial.Dread
#20 Posted : 4/15/2016 3:27:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Praxis. wrote:

I live in the Northeast, and it's been really extreme how the rhetoric surrounding heroin has changed in the last half decade or so. Back when heroin was a drug that was primarily killing the homeless and old Black folks, it was a scourge; addicts and dealers where vilified. There were always calls to be tougher on "crime," (which really just means tough on those icky poor people and PoC).

As soon as it started being housewives, and cute teenage girls dying of opiates, the language changed. Now it's all a 'social problem' and 'addicts have a disease and need help.' There's no way the Gloucster police dept. would have made the announcement that they were going to stop arresting heroin addicts if the majority of the users were black. No way in Hell.

That's not to say that this is bad, necessarily - more compassion for drug users and understanding addiction is a wonderful thing. But it really highlights how little Black lives matter in the United States.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

12NEXT