We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Substitute for naptha Options

santaonacid
#21 Posted : 3/25/2016 10:53:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Santaonacid:

Anyone who already has trouble sourcing useful naphtha should perhaps not yet consider produce limonene by extracting it themselves. Also mind that you cannot freeze precipitate dmt from limonene nor is it practical to evaporate the limonene off.

Methanol is not a nonpolar solvent, it readily mixes with water in any proportion, so it is not a substitute for naphtha. Really, stick to the time tested and proven teks before trying any variations, especially if you do not understand the mechanisms and techniques very well. Make sure that you thoroughly understand a tek before inventing variations or short cuts.

Light naphtha is also sold as "white gas". The lightest (liquid at stp) naphtha fraction is called "petroleum ether".

zknarc:

When using the technique of freeze precipitation, you need not evaporate very much solvent, only the tiny bits that still wet the filtered product crystals, so this would be quite doable even with white spirit. In fact fully evaporating all solvent is a bad idea, because you get a much more impure product as the end result, containing possible nonvolatile impurities from the solvent as well as other impurities stemming from the plant matter and other parts of the extraction process.

Alternative procedures, especially useful when a heavy naphtha solvent is not saturated enough for efficient freeze precipitation, are:
1. - FASA or FASI (search the wiki for details);
2. - backwash the solvent into a smaller volume of acidic water (eg. vinegar). This can then be processed in multiple ways, like:
.2 a. - basing and extracting with a smaller amount of solvent such that it can be freeze precipitated;
.2 b. - evaporating to nearly dryness and mixing with sodium carbonate, further drying and the extracting with alcohol.

I'm sure that there are many more options that have been explored and reported here on the forum. Look around a bit. Really, try to learn a bit before asking questions that have been answered here so many times before.

http://www.lycaeum.org//~sputnik/Extraction/extract4.html

Saw one or two posts like this and wondered if it could be done for A. Confusa. I suppose you're right. I should've looked around more before coming here and asking for help.
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...tegory:Non-Polar_Solvent

Hopefully I'll get my hands on any one of these. Otherwise sticking to Zippo fluid or as you suggested the alternate procedures with White Spirit Petroleum.
I do agree I'm not very experienced, however also consider that the situation round where i live is different from yours. Sourcing naptha over here has proved more troublesome than it should be, which is why I gave it up altogether.

Thank you for all the help. Laughing will report back once I have any success

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Portals2Eternity
#22 Posted : 6/23/2017 3:56:39 PM
"You have to see to believe!"

Hello everyone! I was in the very last stage of my preperations before my 1st extraction beginning on the 30th. Everything was going wonderfuly, til yesterday when I discovered that klean strip naphtha is possibly no good. After acid test, discovered my klean strip vm&p is indeed no good. So I'm stuck with so many differing views and opinions and really frustrated. And at a loss with regard to solvent. I love the idea full spectrum-ish spice derived from vm&p, but know klean strip and crown at the very least are now no good. Is sunnyside ok? Any other vm&p's? Some say yes others no. Same with ronsonol and zippo premium. Heptane/hexane some say is great for strictly nndmt, but not ideal for pulls, like it is for ReX.

Please someone help. After several dozen research hours and acquiring all my materials, this last obstacle has greatly complicated my preperation. Im ready to proceed, but need sound advice to make final purchase today.

Thanks immensely to anyone that can and will take the time to help me enter these profound, hidden realms...
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

blue.magic
#23 Posted : 6/23/2017 6:17:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What about Coleman Camp Fuel? I saw these sold in 1L PET bottles and also seen a successful extraction done with it.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Coleman fuel is a mixture of cyclohexane, nonane, octane, heptane, and pentane.

If you live in Europe, consider getting light gas from Poland - it's sold as "benzyna ekstrakcyjna" and also have been successfully used for DMT extractions.

I am not 100% sure about purity and if there are additives added lately.

Portals2Eternity
#24 Posted : 6/23/2017 6:26:11 PM

blue.magic wrote:
What about Coleman Camp Fuel? I saw these sold in 1L PET bottles and also seen a successful extraction done with it.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Coleman fuel is a mixture of cyclohexane, nonane, octane, heptane, and pentane.

If you live in Europe, consider getting light gas from Poland - it's sold as "benzyna ekstrakcyjna" and also have been successfully used for DMT extractions.

I am not 100% sure about purity and if there are additives added lately.

Ive heard Coleman's now has rust inhibitors and there are reports of product coming out blue.

And I'm not in europe, in the US. Cannot believe noone seems to have solution for this solvent crisis...
"Behind the visible are chains on chains of conscious beings ... who have no inherent form but change according to their whim, or the mind that sees them. You cannot lift your hand without influencing and being influenced by hordes. The visible world is merely their skin. In dreams we go amongst them ... They are, perhaps, human souls in the crucible - these creatures of whim." - W. B. Yeats, Irish Fairy and Folk Tales

downwardsfromzero
#25 Posted : 6/24/2017 1:02:35 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You could look at using a heavier naphtha for pulls, followed by a mini A/B into heptane, or a standard recrystallisation with heptane (or both). Heavier naphthas might include bbq lighting fluid (but check that it's hydrocarbon based!), white spirit or low odour lamp oil. I think white spirit is a UK thing though. Artists' supply stores might carry a version of white spirit or if you were feeling experimental, turpentine would work for pulls but probably wouldn't freeze precipitate (you'd likely get pine-flavoured product as well).

If you can only obtain hexane/heptane, it will still work for pulls but needs to be a bit warm to pull a decent amount. You'd probably want to reuse your hexane or it'll get expensive. Also, hexane is neurotoxic so I prefer not to recommend its (prolonged) use.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Portals2Eternity
#26 Posted : 6/24/2017 3:26:42 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You could look at using a heavier naphtha for pulls, followed by a mini A/B into heptane, or a standard recrystallisation with heptane (or both). Heavier naphthas might include bbq lighting fluid (but check that it's hydrocarbon based!), white spirit or low odour lamp oil. I think white spirit is a UK thing though. Artists' supply stores might carry a version of white spirit or if you were feeling experimental, turpentine would work for pulls but probably wouldn't freeze precipitate (you'd likely get pine-flavoured product as well).

If you can only obtain hexane/heptane, it will still work for pulls but needs to be a bit warm to pull a decent amount. You'd probably want to reuse your hexane or it'll get expensive. Also, hexane is neurotoxic so I prefer not to recommend its (prolonged) use.

Yea, it was definitely expensive. $40/pint! But I have 500ml for my 50mg extraction, which I believe is plenty. Need to look into saving heptane, i.e. if anything needs to be done to clean it etc.

And heptane seemed to be tbe better option over hexane (nuerotoxicity, boiling pt. etc.). Still need to research ratios for heptane tek vs naphtha, like if 1 needs more lye, how much to heat base mix + pulls, how long to leave in when pulling, etc.

But now I have everything I need so the next few days til extraction will be devoted to pinning down my methodology.

Thx for the help!

downwardsfromzero
#27 Posted : 6/24/2017 3:48:36 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You'll be fine using heptane. The higher boiling point than hexane can be considered a plus point overall, I think.

Your amount of lye would be the same for either solvent but you might want to make sure the heptane is at about 40 - 45°C (hand hot) to ensure optimal pulling of alkaloids.

Hopefully you'll find this as easy as it should be!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Portals2Eternity
#28 Posted : 6/24/2017 3:52:56 PM

downwardsfromzero wrote:
You'll be fine using heptane. The higher boiling point than hexane can be considered a plus point overall, I think.

Your amount of lye would be the same for either solvent but you might want to make sure the heptane is at about 40 - 45°C (hand hot) to ensure optimal pulling of alkaloids.

Hopefully you'll find this as easy as it should be!

I believe I will. Thanks for your input, will share my results! Thumbs up

PREV12