We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : what's your favorite shroom?
Choice Votes Statistics
p.cubensis 7 35 %
p.cyanensis 2 10 %
p.semilanceata (liberty caps) 4 20 %
p.azurescens 2 10 %
p.tampanensis (truffles) 0 0 %
copelandia cyanensis (hawaian's) 5 25 %
some other 0 0 %

PREV12
what's your favorite shroom? Options

jamie
#21 Posted : 10/8/2009 4:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

seems like I need to try these hawaian's one day and azurescenes..
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#22 Posted : 10/8/2009 5:06:01 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

not hawaiians, but ..

we have them too
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

memo
#23 Posted : 10/8/2009 5:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I voted for Azurescens but that was probably just because of the potency. I've been just as psychedelic on cubensis as I have on Orange Sunshine lsd which is to say like a big dose of dmt ie; incapacitated. Cubies may be weaker per weight but their size makes up for it. Never had Liberty caps or mexicana or panaeolus for that matter. They're "ALL GOOD!". Just be very cautious picking cyanescens etc. because Deadly Galerina have been known to grow amongst them and they are deadly poisonous. Galerina look similar but have a different spore color "rusty brown" where as the Cyanescens spores are "purple black". If you grow your own you know what you've got!
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

polytrip
#24 Posted : 10/8/2009 10:02:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Cubensis seems to be the winner so far. On the other hand, the liberty caps and hawaians are very much alike, their effect is almost identical.

liberty caps and hawaians toghether have the same amount of votes as cubensis.

d*l*b
#25 Posted : 10/8/2009 11:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Copelandia Cyanescens Smile

I've only eaten them once but the trip was incredible. The furthest I've ever been with shrooms. I just wish that I hadn't been walking around the centre of Amsterdam at the time :S

If I couldn't choose Copelandia Cyanescens my vote would go to Psilocybe Semilanceata even though I've been further with Cubensis (strange because I've done some absurd doses of liberty caps), got to support your local shrooms n all that!
D × V × F > R

DMTripper
#26 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:04:14 AM

John Murdoch IV

geeg30 wrote:
Thats a very hard question, swim finds that certain shrooms give different experiences and would dose accordingly. Swim rates Hawaian's very highly as he does azurescens and even Liberty Caps (in high doses) but he also likes Yangoons (Burmese), Colombians, B+, Mexicans .... blah blah blah .... TRUFFLES. Swim would like to experiment more but due to the illegality of the shroom in the UK and time constraints, family et al - he finds that all he can now manage is a few blasts with some Liberties each year.

Not that he is complaining - Liberties are nice.

Same here. Family takes a lot of time and then I have Lib caps in abundance around so that's what I trip with now Smile
But I have some spores of Cambodian Cubes and I'm going to grow some soon.
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

benzyme
#27 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:19:59 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

note: copelandia is the old term for what are now called panaeolus. it's analogous to stropharia/psilocybe cubensis (no one calls them stropharia anymore).

panaeolus cyanescens grow in the tropics, from thailand to jamaica..and all along the gulf coast states.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

geeg30
#28 Posted : 10/9/2009 1:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:

Same here. Family takes a lot of time and then I have Lib caps in abundance around so that's what I trip with now Smile
But I have some spores of Cambodian Cubes and I'm going to grow some soon.

Swim also has plenty of Caps - growing in quantity each each passing walk up the hills. Swim likes cambodians as well and still has about 3ml of yangoon spores that are needing some rye to feed on - ahhh but the Caps keep a comin so the spores can wait.
Here you!!! Gonnaenodaethat

"Iceberg???? - What Iceberg????"

supernatural
#29 Posted : 10/9/2009 12:52:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
note: copelandia is the old term for what are now called panaeolus. it's analogous to stropharia/psilocybe cubensis (no one calls them stropharia anymore).

panaeolus cyanescens grow in the tropics, from thailand to jamaica..and all along the gulf coast states.

ahh yes but when shortening, c.cyanescens can save confusion Smile they grow in sth-east coastal qld and northern nsw as well... apparently were brought here by hawaiian surfers in the 60's Very happy

Glad i didn't eat any of those brown ones with the rusty brown spores Cool

teotenakeltje
#30 Posted : 10/9/2009 2:32:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i voted for the hawaians cause they are the most potent i've encountered...but i guess i just love every mushroom out there! only watching them grow is kinda psychedelic!Smile
and i also had some really strong trips from those tampanensis, most people say they only make you think a lot (philosopher stones) but to me they do much more...only a bit shorter in duration...

Thre365ive
#31 Posted : 10/20/2009 12:13:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only had Cubensis, as far as I know, but as far as Cube strains - PE6, hands fucking down. I ate 10 grams wet as a tester and was stuck in my room for 3 hours. Didn't open my eyes for the entire peak.

69ron
#32 Posted : 10/20/2009 11:00:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My vote is for P. cyanensis (I spell it P. cyanescens). SWIM found this the most lucid and least toxic feeling and most euphoric, very much like LSD. P. cubensis is easy to grow but can at times feel a little bit toxic, and be too stimulating. P. azeurescens was clearly the most visual and most DMT like mushroom, but also can feel a little bit toxic.

As for the others on the list, SWIM doesn’t really have enough experience with them to say much about them.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PREV12