We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
vinegar not needed durring boiling acacia bark... Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 3/18/2016 12:06:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive been using thick lights [acid boiling method] combined with [heating and shaking soup] in several hot water baths from another method.. ..[minus vinegar and the freeze and thaw part].. aut i just did a bark boil [using only water].. turbo blender.. and a little salt and I pulled almost two thirds of the alcaloids on the first napatha pull...

I got very very milky napatha.. .. very quickly!.. producing almost two thirds od total product from ...
[100 grams] of finely pulverized acacia bark on first napatha pull..

Not shure how much acidity ..[non iodide table salt].. in water can produce?
But it released the goodies fast without any vinegar thought i might share this...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

LibertyforAll
#2 Posted : 3/18/2016 3:21:07 AM

Claro in Vitam

starway6 wrote:
Ive been using thick lights [acid boiling method] combined with [heating and shaking soup] in several hot water baths from another method.. ..[minus vinegar and the freeze and thaw part].. aut i just did a bark boil [using only water].. turbo blender.. and a little salt and I pulled almost two thirds of the alcaloids on the first napatha pull...

I got very very milky napatha.. .. very quickly!.. producing almost two thirds od total product from ...
[100 grams] of finely pulverized acacia bark on first napatha pull..

Not shure how much acidity ..[non iodide table salt].. in water can produce?
But it released the goodies fast without any vinegar thought i might share this...

Do you test the water's pH before and after adding sodium chloride?
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

starway6
#3 Posted : 3/18/2016 2:16:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[/quote]
Do you test the water's pH before and after adding sodium chloride? [/quote]

Nope...

I used filtered drinking water...

I never test PH...maybe i should?

LibertyforAll
#4 Posted : 3/18/2016 4:19:35 PM

Claro in Vitam

It was said in jest. Table salt changes salinity, not pH.
I'm not sure I understand your process..
You didn't use any acidification or basification, simply boiled acacia in saltwater and added naphtha?

null24
#5 Posted : 3/18/2016 5:05:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

That's interesting starway. A few ???s, of course:

Have you extracted off the same batch of bark, if so does this reflect similar yield?

How long, how many boils? I'm familiar with EWs tek- 3/45 minute boils, yeah?

Maybe some experiments are in order.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

BringsUsTogether
#6 Posted : 3/18/2016 8:12:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

According to Infundibulum's Freebase percent caluculator:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=5725

At a pH of 7 only about 2% of the DMT should be in freebase form. Since DMT is a salt when in root bark, it makes sense that you wouldn't end up losing much by not adding acid.

acacian
#7 Posted : 3/19/2016 12:28:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the bark itself will usually bring the ph down a little as it is mildly acidic.. often my brews have been brought to a little above 5 before adding any vinegar.. acids not a neccessity but I'd say reduce time needed to boil.. i never add more than a lid full of vinegar anyways

starway6
#8 Posted : 3/19/2016 2:44:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
That's interesting starway. A few ???s, of course:

Have you extracted off the same batch of bark, if so does this reflect similar yield?

How long, how many boils? I'm familiar with EWs tek- 3/45 minute boils, yeah?

Maybe some experiments are in order.

First off ..I used only 100grams ofaccia bark expecting no more than a little over one gram of product...
i ground the bark fairly fine.. then i tryed just adding a little salt and boiled the ground bark in filtered drinking water then i used a two speed kitchen ..[turbo blender].. in the pot of boiling bark.. [as it was boiling]..several times which further pulverized the bark to a much finer texture..

I think its simply the heat and water and the fine choping action of high speed blender thats superior to just stirring the mixture with spoon...the salt may have had a minor acid effect?

I wasnt shure it would work without freez thawing and using a light acid.. but it worked fine for me..

I noticed the diference by comparing the..[ water and salt extraction] and the water salt and vinegar extraction] i had in two equal containers..

The first bottle [using water and salt] almost all the goddies were removed from the bark i could see a darker thicker color in it..

I then re boiled the bark for the second bottle using [vinegar water plus salt].. and it came out lighter in color and after basifying and removing the napatha it produced only about one third of the total crystals compaired to the water and salt only boiled bark..

Simply put.. only boiling about 90 minutes ..the first boiling using ...water and a little salt.. took most the goodies all out of the bark compaired to the second acid boil this process removed most of it quickly without using the stinky vinegar..

Heat and superior agitation works fine without freeze thawing and using acids..

I just figured that the natives in south america boil out the goodies using water bark leaves and stirr it for hours in their ceramonies and it works fine..

starway6
#9 Posted : 3/19/2016 2:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

LibertyforAll wrote:
You didn't use any acidification or basification, simply boiled acacia in saltwater and added naphtha?

I did use basify using lye and salt then let my napatha solvent seperate sorry if i didnt put this fact in...

starway6
#10 Posted : 3/19/2016 3:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I forgot to add...

I used about three times more napatha than most tecks say to use...

The larger amount of solvent may have made it posible after seperation..to pick up more product on each pull...

LibertyforAll
#11 Posted : 3/19/2016 4:17:18 PM

Claro in Vitam

starway6 wrote:
LibertyforAll wrote:

I did use basify using lye and salt then let my napatha solvent seperate sorry if i didnt put this fact in...

Ahh that's very important lol that's why I was confused. As for that no salt won't change the pH, if I remember correctly salt was used to help bind the fats and oils into the bark soup.