We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
friends having trouble breaking through with vg/gvg Options

cosmickees
#1 Posted : 3/14/2016 8:00:11 AM
No turn un-stoned

Hey guys,

Last weekend we had what i think was our 4th or 5th dmt session over the course of 2 years. The method of administration used to be some in my old wooden vapor genie with a bed of nonactive herbs and the dmt on top of that. It often resulted in people not being able to deal with the smoke, coughing sessions and overall no breakthrough experiences. I am fairly certain that the herbs also added some unneeded vapor because they were always a little black/discolored after use.

So i plunged into the deep-end, bought a glass vapor genie and we now use the keramic filter of the old wooden vapor genie as a means of melting the dmt on to it and then load it into the gvg. I have broken through twice using this method using 40mg of spice (100% succes rate so far for me). I usually 'use' my first hit to just heat up the whole pipe a bit and then on my 2nd and 3rd (and sometimes 4th) hit i put the lighter in until i see the keramic filter of the gvg light up bright red, then hold it away for a second to see if my throat accepts it and then i keep doing this until my lungs are full.

The only problem i personally have is that the ceramic filter on which the dmt is melted offers hardly any kind of air resistance so i find it very hard to regulate.. I find i can finetune my inhalation much better if there was a little bit more resistance in it.

Ok so the problem for my friends is that they seem to be unable to break through.. They still have issues holding in the smoke. In general i would say they hold out because if they try to get more into their lungs they have to cough. But i always seem to blow out smoke white smoke after holding it for 20-30 seconds and it never happens on their side or so it seems..

I have been pondering if a contraption where they get everything in a single hit would help, something like a bottle with the bottom cut out and aluminumfoil where you put the dmt on, then heat it and then just take everything as 1 big hit.

Please help my friends! They want to experience what i experience.
Always follow the light

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 3/14/2016 8:07:03 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

hey there, perhaps have your friends read through this thread :

Attn. If you're having a hard time breaking through read this.

For me personally, I like to make changa or enhanced leaf and smoke it out of a standard water bong or bubbler. The water helps cool the vapor and makes it easier to smoke. 50-100mg looks like a pinch of herbs depending on ratios used to make the leaf/changa and is not too difficult to take all in one hit. You never really have to worry about burning it either because once you get it cherried on top you just pull slowly until the cone is empty, pull it and rip it and hold on for dear life!

Very happy

Anyway, if your friends smoke weed, they should find this method quite similar. Cheers!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

cosmickees
#3 Posted : 3/21/2016 7:44:10 AM
No turn un-stoned

Sorry for the long delayed reply. So in my understanding it boils down to technique learned through practise. I find it hard to compare my own techniques to my friends. Somehow i seem to get it right and they don't. I am sure one friends was not holding in the vapour long enough.

Fortunately i made a lot of dmt (some 10+ grams) so it's no big issue if there's a bit of waste.

One of my friends tried to do the plastic bottle/aluminum foil technique yesterday but he said he had worse experiences than with the gvg. I will ask him about specific details and post back later to see if somebody has maybe some ideas about what he might have done wrong.
Always follow the light

cosmickees
#4 Posted : 3/22/2016 6:56:02 AM
No turn un-stoned

So one friend tried the bottle with aluminum foil bottom technique but he said it all got way too hot and it was impossible to take it all in. So that was pretty much wasted. He said he did have some improvements on the gvg end but still not enough to reach breakthrough threshold.

I have decided to help my friends out a bit and make some enhanced leaf so we can smoke it using a bong. We have done salvia many times and it's pretty with pretty much 100% breakthrough rate so i'm having good hopes this will be similar.

If we still have issues i'll order some caapi leaves and harmala extract and try the changa way so they are allowed more time to reach threshold levels. As it turns out i can just order pre-extracted harmala peganum online and that same store sells the caapi leaves and it will not even be that expensive so definitely worth a shot. I am sort of curious about this myself as well.
Always follow the light

TGO
#5 Posted : 3/23/2016 1:07:38 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

cosmickees wrote:
So one friend tried the bottle with aluminum foil bottom technique but he said it all got way too hot and it was impossible to take it all in. So that was pretty much wasted. He said he did have some improvements on the gvg end but still not enough to reach breakthrough threshold.

I have decided to help my friends out a bit and make some enhanced leaf so we can smoke it using a bong. We have done salvia many times and it's pretty with pretty much 100% breakthrough rate so i'm having good hopes this will be similar.

If we still have issues i'll order some caapi leaves and harmala extract and try the changa way so they are allowed more time to reach threshold levels. As it turns out i can just order pre-extracted harmala peganum online and that same store sells the caapi leaves and it will not even be that expensive so definitely worth a shot. I am sort of curious about this myself as well.

hey man, sorry to hear they are still struggling a bit, there is definitely a learning curve. I think the enhanced leaf should definitely do the trick, it is pretty foolproof after all. Not sure what plant material you were planning on using but I would highly recommend mullein. It is a rather smooth plant to smoke, IMO.

Good luck!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish