We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Easy Ayahuasca Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 3/12/2016 1:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are 3 keys to this:

A] coffee metal cone (made of fine wires) for 1st filtering of the leaf from the brew

B] then a funnel stuffed with cotton ball sitting all in a jar for filtering the sediment out of the brew, found this to work whereas normal coffee filters and even hand-operated vacuum pump filtration would clog instantly and fail, allowing nothing to pass, and with silk and cotton cloths allowing too much fine sediment to pass (and very messy to boot), the cotton ball is an absolute natural filtration miracle, removing the super fine nauseating to the intestines sediment with ease.

C] combining both freebase or salt form harmalas/caapi with 3oz leaf brew into one single hot 3oz brew taken all at once = very strong & always works, never had a miss using this method over the course of many months, whereas before for years, taking the caapi/harmalas seperately from the leaf brew was very hit and miss, never knowing what to expect.

Even 69ron once said "this is how SWIM understands it to work and so he always takes his leaf brew with the harmalas together in liquid at the same time. By doing this, he's able to take much less leaf brew. It works better for SWIM than waiting and taking the leaf brew several minutes later. This is how the natives do it, and I believe they know more about dosing with Ayahuasca than anyone else does." Thankfully I found his post on this after several years, he is absolutely right, it works incredibly well taking both together in hot liquid form at the exact same time, only wish had found his post earlier.

1) Like to brew about 30 grams of high quality psychotria leaf that was chopped into fine fragments in a blender (not dust size but rather super fine fragements) added to about 28oz of spring water, boil on "8" almost high setting for 20 minutes, stir every so often, by the time the 20 minutes of high boil is over, the 28oz of water will have been reduced to 8 oz or so. However, at this point, the 8oz of liquid needs to be filtered as described below, then reduced at the very end down to 3oz drinkable potent & bitter amount on the stove. The amount of leaf you use will vary in potency, some leaf is so strong you only need 10 grams, another leaf as much as 30 grams. It will take some time to figure out the potency of your leaf. Start small and work up from there. I don't use chaliponga or any kind of barks, strickly high quality traditional psychotria--it's safe and what is used traditionally, it's more expensive but worth it.

2) filter this brew with liquid and leaf thru a "coffee metal cone" (see pic below) made of fine metal wires (the coffee isle of dept stores, these come in cone or cup sizes) all the leaf will get trapped in the filter, mash it down with a spoon to get every last bit of liquid out. The metal cone filters fit perfectly & snug in the inside top of one of those 5" wide-mouth thick walled plastic mugs, secure and does not move.

3) then use a "funnel stuffed with a tight cotton ball" sitting on top an empty wide-mouth jar (see pic below) to filter your hot leaf brew immediately after it has been previously boiled in the small pyrex pot with pour lip (never use aluminum), and filtered thru the metal coffee cone. No having to mess with hot liquid pouring thru cotton, silk, etc.

4) when the brew clogs and no more liquid flows thru the cotton, pour off the remaining liquid in the funnel into a second "funnel stuffed with a tight cotton in a jar" adjacent to the main one. Trust me, you will love this--it filters fast thru the cotton ball and all the super fine invisible to the naked eye black sediment gets trapped in the top 1/4 layer of the cotton, not to mention the funnel holds the scalding hot liquid--no mess or burns.

5) combine the liquid from the 2 jars into one jar (8oz or so). Go back and poke the cotton out of both the funnels you used, you will notice a dark black layer of sediment inside the top 1/4 to 1/3rd portion of the cotton, the cotton gets all the nausea causing sediment to the intestines out of the brew.

6) Put the 8oz of cotton-ball filtered liquid back on the stove and Reduce it down to a drinkable and potent 3oz, this will only take 5 to 10 minutes or so at medium to high heat.

6) Now stir in your caapi brew portion, and should it be freebase or salt form harmala or caapi alkaloids, the freebase form alkaloids will not dissolve immediately unless you add about 150 to 200mg of pure citric acid powder (or a vitamin C crushed) to the liquid, stir a few minutes. It's not necessary to use the vitamin C but helps the fb form alkaloids dissolve into the leaf brew by helping turn them into citrate salt form. Liquid caapi brews or Salt form alkaloids do not require the added vitamin C.

7) ready to drink. Because the leaf brew and harmala/caapi alkaloids are combined into one liquid, it will work extremely well. I don't know how it came to be that taking the maoi/rima before the leaf, but it works best when both caapi/harmala are taken at the exact same time as the leaf in liquid form. Trust me on this, this is how the Shamans do it, and it works incredibly well (super potent & works fast). Eat a half-piece of hot buttered toast 1/2 hour later to help the digestion process get going if it stalls or is in standby mode. The toast does not always work, but thankfully step #8 never fails 1 to 1.5 hour later.

8] If nothing felt after 1 hour to 1.5 hour, consume a nibble of cream cheese, this will immediately kick the actives out of the ball gladder, as the fat in the cream cheese will kick it out, and in minutes the brew's effects will be felt strongly.

When using good quality leaf and harmalas/caapi the experience lasts between 3 and 4 hours with an intense feeling of happiness and amazement afterwards that lasts the rest of the night. The afterglow is very pronounced as well.

It's ok to eat breakfast and a light lunch (just don't stuff yourself) then take brew 5 to 7 hours later. When 1st starting out, taking the brew 1st thing in the morning when stomach is fasted and completely empty is good to try at least one time to get a feel for the brew, as it will always work with empty stomach like this, then switch to using it 5 to 7 hours after lunch for all subsequent experience once you know it works. I have found just eating breakfast but skipping lunch and taking the brew 6 to 7 hours later at 4pm to work very well, as the stomach is quite empty at that time.

This process was arrived at after over some 50 Ayahuasca experiences over the years, many hit and miss until this process was discovered, it is fast, easy, and combines both caapi/harmala and leaf into one single 3oz brew which works without fail -- filter with cotton ball is excellent for getting out the sediments, and combining both caapi/harmala and leaf into one single homogenous brew is just like the Shaman's do it, and it is extremely effective.
tregar attached the following image(s):
pyrex pot.PNG (38kb) downloaded 1,168 time(s).
coffee metal cone.PNG (47kb) downloaded 1,167 time(s).
funnel.PNG (26kb) downloaded 1,168 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Legarto Rey
#2 Posted : 3/12/2016 10:13:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bravo! Ergonomic, practical and simple. Thanks for the wizened recipe.

Being a rather cerebral fellow(v technical), I've long been a fan of simplicity, brewing, extracting or growing/culturing. Very liberating, as the art/science of tryptamine, "harvesting">>EXPERIENCING, becomes less mystifying and more readily MYSTICAL.

Zero diss on our genuinely traditional Ayahuasca devotees, but my journey with simply prepared and ingested, anahuasca analogues, has been fruitful and inexplicably RICH. I definitely have a "ken" with the "light", v the "force".

Interestingly, with the veil lifted, we all embrace a unitive gnosis that is often ecstatic and unlanguagable. As the veil descends, we return to our warrens and defend our "approach" toward the ineffable as, sacrosanct. I'm as guilty as the next. The beauty of this forum, is that it allows sharing of a multiplicity of gateways into the mystical experience. This fact should NOT be undervalued, what a GIFT!

On a more mundane plane, I enjoy a variety of "lightbringers", simply decocted(not the laborious 3 X 3), VERY similar to tregar's method. This technique, or a close approximation, works very well with leaves and barks, well macerated.

Extracted harmalas, easily available, are quite effective and low on body load(aka vomit). My experience suggests that, priming(30-60min) prior to the "light" can be effective. For sure, aggressive MAOI(especially for the "resistant"Pleased, is useful. With practice and reliable harmala preload, the "light" will come, and can be titrated, if careful.

Surely, as tregar relates, harmala freebase/salts ARE effective, easily had and relatively gentle. Multiple tryptamine carriers are available and simple to brew with a bit of practice. I must concur that a small fat bolus, @60min post "light", IS near requisite, easy insurance.

Super post. Much respect. Thankyou, tregar.

Peace

concombres
#3 Posted : 3/12/2016 10:29:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smile looks like we have a very similar brewing style tregar.

I have yet to work with traditional aya due to the whole chacruna quality issue, but I plan to at some point.

What is it you dislike about bark brews?
To me, MHRB or acacia seem like they are potentially much more tannic & nauseating than leaf but I have no point of reference to compare.
I have worked solely with barks for light content because they seem much more reliable quality wise.
As for harmalas i am working now to swap out rue alkaloids for vine alkaloids & see what it is everyone loves so much about vine.

LibertyforAll
#4 Posted : 3/13/2016 5:35:21 AM

Claro in Vitam

concombres wrote:

I have yet to work with traditional aya due to the whole chacruna quality issue, but I plan to at some point.

To me, MHRB or acacia seem like they are potentially much more tannic & nauseating than leaf but I have no point of reference to compare.
I have worked solely with barks for light content because they seem much more reliable quality wise.
As for harmalas i am working now to swap out rue alkaloids for vine alkaloids & see what it is everyone loves so much about vine.

Barks are IMO more reliable than leaves but sourcing is quite a variable here; harvesting your own makes things different - potency varies based on many things.
Bark brews are more tannic than p. viridis leaves brewed certainly, however, the tannin content can be reduced in a bark brew, with the egg white method, or by allowing more sediment to settle by leaving the batch for an extended time, and allowing a clarity to begin to appear.
I believe in freedom for everyone.
'movies are for people who lack real drugs.' -anne halonium

concombres
#5 Posted : 3/13/2016 7:26:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LibertyforAll wrote:
concombres wrote:

Barks are IMO more reliable than leaves but sourcing is quite a variable here; harvesting your own makes things different - potency varies based on many things.
Bark brews are more tannic than p. viridis leaves brewed certainly, however, the tannin content can be reduced in a bark brew, with the egg white method, or by allowing more sediment to settle by leaving the batch for an extended time, and allowing a clarity to begin to appear.

Yeah all of this I know well already. I do not do tannin removal because when I did in the past it seemed to reduce potency.
I do, however, filter, decant, & freeze on reduction & end up with a nice clear brew that produces minimal nausea.

Leaf brew to me just seems like it may be much easier on the body. I can see it bringing a different charecter to the experience as well, i have noticed the charecter of the expeience seems to be different with mimosa than acacia.

pitubo
#6 Posted : 3/13/2016 11:17:48 AM

dysfunctional word machine

Good point about combining the harmala and dmt ingestion for optimum efficacy. BTW, Jees reported that predosing harmalas before ingesting a combination of harmalas and dmt might be even better.

My personal experience has been that failing to ingest harmalas along with the dmt causes noticeable loss of dmt effect. IMHO the meme of ingesting harmalas 30 minutes to an hour before ingesting dmt is a bad myth that deserves to be eradicated. The only situation where this sort of predosing could make sense is when ingesting whole or ground rue seeds. But with extracts or teas, failing to combine harmalas with the dmt will cause premature metabolic breakdown of the dmt.

tregar
#7 Posted : 3/13/2016 2:17:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Glad to hear we have similar brewing style Concombres. Psychotria over other plants is simply personal preference, but best quality has been from Hawaiian or Ecuadorian leaf as opposed to Peruvian leaf. The current leaf dreamed of requires 30grams brewed every time for an amazing highly visual 4 hour experience with 2.5 hours of heavy visions & transcendent auditory enhancement, whereas the leaf batch had before was great at just 15grams, but that is all gone. I'm very happy with the 30gram quality leaf, no complaints at all. I've had some great experiences with Chaliponga, but only at 7grams or less, anymore than that and it get's too unpredicatable and weird and physically taxing. Barks are hard on this stomach, too nauseating here at least & not too crazy about it's darker nature & I'm concerned about whatever else is in it, unusual un-identified alkaloids which might clash at higher levels with outside RIMA's like caapi. Psychotria is just perfect however, none of those personal problems in dreams, very kind and clean, just heavenly. Just personal opinions however & everyone is very different.

Pitubo said:
Quote:
Good point about combining the harmala and dmt ingestion for optimum efficacy. BTW, Jees reported that predosing harmalas before ingesting a combination of harmalas and dmt might be even better.
Thanks, it took nearly a year before arriving at this discovery of both at once in HOT liquid, but thankful to have found it works really well. Anything we can do to help the stomach and digestion along seems to work, combination of both in the natural 4oz leaf hot liquid works wonders taken all at once in dreams.

With the 30grams leaf, I start with 24 oz of spring water boiled with it for 25 minutes, by that time the water has been reduced down to 4oz when no lid kept on the wide pyrex pot. Then simply:

1) coffee metal cone filter held in place by 5" wide mouth plastic mug, press liquid thru filter w/spoon, leaf stays behind in filter.
2) then filter liquid thru 1-cotton ball stuffed in an automotive funnel, when clogs, move liquid left in the funnel to an adjacent waiting 2nd cotton-ball stuffed into another automotive funnel sitting on a 2nd wide-mouth jar (no burns, no mess, & highly efficient elimination of black muddy like sediment you can't see with the #1 step filtering)
3) combine both approximate 2oz from 1st funnel jar with approximate 2oz from 2nd funnel jar
4) put the liquid back on the stove, add a few hundred milligrams of pure citric acid powder or crushed vitamin C and stir in the freebase harmalas or salt-form harmalas (no vit c needed with salt form).
5) then it's ready.

In the past had tried taking harmalas before hand countless times, it would sometimes work quite well at 10 minutes later take the leaf brew, even 30 minutes later, but there were also many misses with this seperation of harmalas and leaf brew, however, over course of time discovered that when harmalas and leaf combined into "one single HOT liquid brew" just as Shamans do, all taken at once, it never failed to work and with optimum very strong strength. Very happy camper with this process, it's fast and efficient and eliminates the nausea-causing black sediment fast and with ease, highly suggest:

1) the "cotton ball in a funnel" for elimination of the initial invisible black muddy like sediment and
2) combining both harmalas and leaf brew into "one HOT liquid brew all dissolved", at 1st the fb harmalas float on top, but eventually with a couple minutes stirring in the 100-200mg citric acid powder acidified hot brew, they will dissolve or at least dissolve to a point where they no longer float but disperse and remain inside the liquid easily, even with this, the brew is super strong and works quickly.

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated, happy brewing.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

concombres
#8 Posted : 3/14/2016 1:42:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You know I think you may be onto something with the barks tregar.

I have noticed something with my brews that seems very odd to me but has become something i consider a normal effect. Maybe it is purely a mental thing, i will see when I make the switch over to leaf, but I do seem to always get strange sensations coming from what feels like within my blood when mimosa or acacia is added into the harmala experience.
I have also noted experiences seem to be a bit dark but have grown used to it. It always seems to bring some positive insights after the fact & allow for a better understanding of the darker & less explored areas of the mind.

I should have some caapi extract dried soon so the next experiences I have will implement that & then I think some experimentation with what pitubo mentioned is in order. That & mixing rue & caapi alks to find perfect balance between the two.
Always looking for a way to evolve, tweak, & perfect my brew style & personal experiences Thumbs up

tregar
#9 Posted : 3/26/2016 12:27:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion, bark was meant to be used only by itself without any caapi, as the RIMA's in caapi tend to interact negatively to the maoi-like components (2% vs 98% other main actives) in the barks. I avoid it like the plague, not only is it very nauseating for many hours, but the interactions are complicated and nothing to mess with imho. Please keep in mind these are only my opinions, at very low levels it may be fine, but go a bit higher and interactions may become more prominent and stand out more. However, your mileage may vary and get completely different good effects, go figure.

I'm not going to bore you with my past diary years of dreams, but will include two recent dreams:

Dream experience #51:

Had an incredible journey in dreams tonight on 35 grams of the "so called Hawaiian leaf" (I actually believe it to be ecuadorian leaf, as Hawaiian leaf would be very strong at only 15 grams.) taken at same time with an equivalent of about 60 or so grams of caapi. I only boiled the blender ground leaf to a near dust on "8" stove top setting for 20 minutes (started with 28oz of water which reduced naturally to 6oz in 20 minutes)...then filtered as I wrote above with the coffee cone (made of fine wires), then a cotton in a funnel. then recombined the caapi (added 150mg of pure vitamin c powder to help caapi dissolve well into the leaf liquid) with the leaf water (after I boiled down the leaf water for a few minutes to get it down from 6oz to 4oz) No nausea or purging the entire 4 hours, so thankful to have dreamed this amazing trip. It was all ready in less than 30 minutes. (Instant Ayahuasca).

When the caapi brew/alkaloids/extract what have you is dissolved into the 4oz of reduced hot leaf water (add 150mg of pure vitamin c powder to help caapi dissolve into leaf water if needed), taken at the exact same time, the effects are extraordinary and very strong, it always works very well when caapi and leaf brew are taken together, sip the 4oz fast through a straw, takes only a minute or two to get down in dreams, it works fast (within 45 minutes to 1 hour) and is potent, no need to ever seperate the rima/maoi from the leaf by taking the caapi earlier, I've had the best trips and strongest effects in dreams everytime by taking them together in hot liquid form at same time as Shamans do, this is after many years of trying different approaches, which were very hit and miss.

Watched "the danish girl" and tripped very well at a strong level for 4 hours (2.5 hours of strong activity). Shame on wal*a*t for not carrying the movie. I bought it at Cos*co. My favorite Swiss born female actress is in the movie (even nude for 5 minutes) and she won an Oscar for it, very good movie, highly recommend. As my grandmother was an oil painter, I can relate to the 2 famous painters in the movie. Her other movies, the Science Fiction A.I. Android thriller "Ex Machina" is very good as is her movie "Pure" on Netflix. The other Science Fiction A.I. android thriller starring a female actress "The Machine" on Netflix is also very good, this movie being similar in category to "Ex Machina".

35 grams of leaf will give you about 35mg of actives in my rough estimation, and that's plenty! without being overwhelming...a good comfortable strong level for many enjoyable hours.

ganesh
#10 Posted : 3/26/2016 1:02:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Although the leaf is traditional, what the 'bark' and 'leaf' have in common is the main extract. however apart from that they have very little in common. Therefore one asks if perhaps just the extract alone is a reasonable compromise?

Have you tried that Tregar?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

tregar
#11 Posted : 3/31/2016 12:34:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ganesh, I only avoid barks as once long ago I had a very frightening experience with bark, the interactions were very prominent with caapi at the time, I was very afraid, but made it through. and yes, I agree with you, Bark is not traditional, only chacruna and chaliponga.

I am so sorry, my big mistake, the leaf i had in dreams is actual Hawaiian and not ecuador, have no idea what the ecuador dose would even be.

Dream experience #52:

Usually wait 2 weeks before a trip, but had a strange intuition, so went with it 4 days later.

Brewed 40 grams of the leaf to "a dust this time" and boiled it in 28 oz of spring water for 20 minutes, which by that time had reduced naturally to about 8.5 oz, then filtered thru coffee metal cone made of fine wires, then threw a cotton in a funnel, this time I had to switch the cotton out in the funnel about 5 times as the dust consistency of the leaf made it harder to filter. However, after 5 cotton pulls (this took about 3 to 4 minutes of cotton filtering) I ended up with 8 oz of liquid which I then boiled down to 3oz and added the caapi and drank in dreams hot.

Felt little for 80 minutes, so then ate a small thin slice of cream chease which activated everything within minutes as the gall bladder emptied it's contents. It was a frightening experience for 1.5 hour as I should have only brewed 15 grams of the leaf or less, and not 40 grams! I was able to ride it out by closing my eyes during that time and not moving an inch (as moving even the slightest bit would activate an entirely new set of cev fluorescent visions, and with eyes open like peeling back a layer of onion infinite times) by closing off all outside stimulation, I found a place of peacefullness and meditation with eyes closed during the heavy experience. My dog helped me find that place of calm during the storm as he climbed up on me as I lay there and gave me comfort and kisses as he could tell I was in distress, that's when I found the place of silence and peace which I stayed in for 1/2 hour till I peaked my eyes open and found the level to be a comfortable strong enjoyable level and no longer like analogy of handling a sports car at high speed.

Was able to enjoy it fully the rest of the night after 1.5 hour of overwhelming strong activity was over. From the 1.5 hour point to the next couple of hours the trip was then very enjoyable as it was at a comfortable strong level, absolutely amazing from that point on.

Learned alot, the leaf is actual Hawaiian, and only 10 to 15 grams is needed, and also, when it is ground to a near dust, it is extremely potent! even after only 20 minutes of boiling. My stomach was also more empty this time, as I only ate breakfast and skipped lunch and dreamed the dream at around 4pm, some 7 hours after breakfast.

ganesh
#12 Posted : 3/31/2016 9:53:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar wrote:
Ganesh, I only avoid barks as once long ago I had a very frightening experience with bark

Yes, that is understood tregar.

If you can remove the bark nasties, you'll be left with the goodies, and that may be the closest to Chakruna light source replacer, and cheaper option.

I wonder if you've tried that, and compared them both yet?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

tregar
#13 Posted : 3/31/2016 12:35:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said ganesh, I will take that into consideration but will leave that to others, as in dreams have enough Hawaiian to last at least couple years if only used bi-weekly, and at that point will switch to good ecuadorian leaf (I've always found Peruvian leaf to be quite weak to inactive) if can no longer find Hawaiian, just love the chacruna, it is heavenly. The bitterness of the leaf in dreams is usually a good indicator of it's potency as well.

tregar
#14 Posted : 3/31/2016 11:57:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On a closing note: a word about the sediment: the cotton stuffed into a funnel does an impressive job of removing the invisible to the naked eye "black sediment" that causes nausea to the intestines, I've used this cotton filtering method a few months now, and noticed no purging or nausea from the brew whatsoever. Once the final 3oz of the brew is down, it stays down. This of course does not exclude natural weak nausea that might result from higher than normal doses of either caapi or leaf actives naturally. When I used to keep the sediment, I would usually throw up prematurely and get no effects, a bummer trip, getting rid of the sediment results in a brew with zero physical nausea to the stomach or intestines at least for this individual in dreams.

whoever had come up with this method of filtering of rue seeds in the past deserves a huge credit, as that's where I adopted the practice from, it's a no mess quick method of filtration, no burns, etc. just use 2 jars with a funnel in each one with a cotton ball in each one, when the brew clogs, simply move remaining liquid in funnel to the adjacent jar and continue, do this back and forth, changing out the cotton if need be until all 8 oz of the brew is completely filtered....then add the nice filtered brew back to the stove in the pyrex pot, stir in the caapi (I add about 150mg of pure citric acid to the hot liquid when adding in caapi that is in the form of fb alkaloids) this will cause all to dissolve well into one homogenous hot liquid that works without fail, having a near empty stomach is a big plus, fasting about 5 to 6 hours or more before taking in dreams works in tandem with the liquid for a brew that works without fail, no miss, just hit. Happy Brewing.

tregar
#15 Posted : 4/13/2016 2:47:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quoting Jonathan Ott's entheogenic potency scale from his great book "Ayahuasca Analogues" On a 5-point potency scale, with:

1 = representing non-entheogenic stimulation
2 = representing the entheogenic threshold
3 = corresponding to a mild journey
4 = moderately strong journey
5 = technical knockout of the ego

Rated the dream experience a solid "5+" with 40grams Hawaiian leaf (never to venture there again) with 15 grams representing a solid "4+" Although there was a time I remember in dreams when nearly reached a "5" with just 13 grams of some powerful leaf.

Speaking of books, the amazing "Antipodes of the Mind" is the Bible of Ayahuasca, as Benny Shannon spent 7 years in the Amazon and at the UDV, etc. consuming the brew. Also the 150 page "Ayahuasca Religions" by the beautiful Labate (her photo is on the last page of the book) I just wish I could afford her other great Ayahuasca books, but they are out of range at over hundred dollars, but I will get them one day soon. All proceeds from the sale of "Ayahuasca Religions" go directly to fund MAPS. I directly credit Ayahuasca for souling helping me to get out of years of severe depression which I was going thru years ago. Ayahuasca has deep, deep, healing properites, truly Heavenly. Have remained 100% depression free ever since thanks to her amazing healing properties, thank you mother Ayahuasca. Ayahuasca has helped thousands overcome years of drug substance abuse and severe depression. And these people remain sober and drug free in follow up studies. Ayahuasca also imparts a universal "moral code" which people do actually follow.

Lifting weights 2 to 3 times a week and walking a pet for at least 30 minutes a day out in nature are both excellent stress relievers while helping your physical body stay in shape, as we are spiritual beings in a physical body, all inter-related. And when you look good, you feel good. Natural outdoor surroundings have been shown to alter brain waves to a peaceful meditative like state, it's the time I am most able to meditate. If you need to lose weight, The Atkins diet works very well, after 3 days of not eating starchy carbs, your body switches from burning sugar for energy, to burning fat for energy. This is called Ketosis, bodybuilders know it very well. Your local Good Will should have a copy of the Atkins diet for $1, that's where I bought mine, I've recommended the diet to friends who have all lost from 30 to 40 lbs of excess fat in months.

Am able to eat hamburger steaks, frozen fish, lean meats, fatty meats, you name it with a healthy serving of costco frozen vegetables at every meal, every day. When I'm at work, I choose non-starchy vegetables (zuchini, green beans, brocolli, cauliflower) and lean chicken breast with swiss cheese topping (all cheese is fine on Atkins, just no milk)...it's the starchy carbs that cause insulin to surge, and fat to be stored, by cutting out the sugars and starchy carbs you can stay lean. Olive oil toppings are used every other day and fish oils (great for the brain) taken at least once a week. But I prefer to eat frozen Salmon at least twice a week, then I don't need the fish oils.

p.s. not all hawaiian leaf is exactly the same, some types of leaf you do actually need 30 to 35 grams, others only 1/2 that.

PH0Man
#16 Posted : 4/13/2016 7:51:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:

My personal experience has been that failing to ingest harmalas along with the dmt causes noticeable loss of dmt effect. IMHO the meme of ingesting harmalas 30 minutes to an hour before ingesting dmt is a bad myth that deserves to be eradicated. The only situation where this sort of predosing could make sense is when ingesting whole or ground rue seeds. But with extracts or teas, failing to combine harmalas with the dmt will cause premature metabolic breakdown of the dmt.

I agree, together is better. Much experimentation with various timings, togther won every time

Valmar
#17 Posted : 4/17/2016 9:53:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. Tonight, I was originally going to take my 80 grams Ayahuasca vine and 30 grams Chacruna leaf separately, brewing them in separate pots, but given this advice, I've just combined them together for the final reduction. Great points about the native cooking process.

Thanks tregar! Smile
“The dao that can be expressed is not the eternal Dao.”
~ Lǎozǐ

“One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
~ Carl Jung

tregar
#18 Posted : 4/18/2016 5:09:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, great observations PHOMan & Valmar, good to see you Valmar as well. Yes, After years of seperating the two brews, it was not until they were combined together (caapi/harmala brews/extracts/what have you with the reduced 3oz of leaf brew (into 1 single 3oz hot liquid) that I started noticing consistent repeatable strong results everytime, it was like a breath of fresh air, as every experience over the months since that method was followed worked without fail & strongly at that. It's no fun wasting caapi or leaf brews, so repeatable strong journeys thereafter were very welcome.

Drinking 3oz of incredibly revolting to the taste buds brew all at once is easily done, and seen as the price of admission, it's only a minute or so of taste bud revolt thru a straw, but then you can relax knowing it will work. Should your caapi alkaloids by any chance be in a base form due to an extraction, etc. simply adding 150-200mg of pure citric acid powder (or a crushed vitamin C) along with the alkaloids to your 3oz hot liquid brew, and stirring for a minute or so, will cause all to dissolve into 1-single homogenous dissolved liquid which works without fail taken all at once. Should the caapi be in salt form, then no vitamin C needs be added. Also, the "dynamics" of the chacruna in hot liquid salt form (like it is naturally) is very potent.

Legarto Rey
#19 Posted : 4/19/2016 10:49:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Super thread! I'll keep it brief.

With powdered bark(mhrb, acrb), I'll typically short boil with slight acid. Pour through the screen with modest volume. Refrigerate overnight. Then filter (tregar) via cotton ball funnel, followed by, reduce as preferred. RIMA load, into or soon prior to the light bolus(8oz or less).

If you're RIMA resistant, a bit before and a bit with(200mg+200mg), should do it! My experience says, barks kick hard. Surely the "filtered sediment" has extractable actives(alkaloids). But for the average tea drinker we'll keep it basic(simple).

Peace

tregar
#20 Posted : 4/20/2016 1:42:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Legarto Rey, nice to see another vote for the "cotton ball stuffed into the neck of a brand new & clean large automotive funnel" as a filtration method. Thanks for your experience report.

Legarto Rey said:
Quote:
Super thread! I'll keep it brief.

With powdered bark(mhrb, acrb), I'll typically short boil with slight acid. Pour through the screen with modest volume. Refrigerate overnight. Then filter (tregar) via cotton ball funnel, followed by, reduce as preferred. RIMA load, into or soon prior to the light bolus(8oz or less).

If you're RIMA resistant, a bit before and a bit with(200mg+200mg), should do it! My experience says, barks kick hard. Surely the "filtered sediment" has extractable actives(alkaloids). But for the average tea drinker we'll keep it basic(simple).

Peace

Simple process dreamed in dreams:

1) Boil 12 to 35 grams of well blended & chopped decent quality chacruna leaf (near dust size) in 30oz or slightly more of spring water for 20 minutes or slightly longer.

2) Take the resulting 8 to 9oz of water and leaf mix and filter thru a "coffee cone" made of fine wires. This coffee cone sits perfectly in one of those gas station 5" wide mouth, thick walled plastic mugs. This gets the bulk of the leaf particles out. Press down with a spoon to get all the last bits of water to flow out of the nice super fine wire filter.

3) Then filter the 8 to 9oz of resulting water in the mug thru a funnel which sits nicely in the top of a wide mouth 2 liter mason jar with a cotton ball in it's neck. Set up a 2nd funnel in a jar with cotton ball right next to this one, so that when the 1st one clogs, you just pour off the remaining liquid in the funnel into the adjacent funnel, and back and forth switching the cotton out when it clogs, till all the liquid is filtered. This may require switching out the cotton as little as 1 time to as many as a few total times between the 2 funnels, depends on how fine the leaf was ground. All the liquid will still filter relatively fast, taking only several minutes even with several cotton changes. I like to use one of those long shish kabob sticks to poke the cotton out when it clogs. The super fine sediment (which causes nausea due to it's irritation to the intestines) will stick to the top inner 1/3rd part of the cotton. Throw all the cotton away. I've never gotten sick or purged using this method as it eliminates physical sediment causing nausea. The stomach and intestines remain non-nauseated with this method. This of course does not include any weak nausea felt which can result from using a larger than normal dose of caapi or leaf.

4) Then combine the contents of each funnel jar (this should again total to around 8oz when combined) and add it all to a pyrex pot on the stove, and boil down to about 3oz (takes 5 to 10 minutes) then add caapi brew/extract/harmalas what have you, stir well for several minutes, then it's ready in dreams, one single hot liquid form.

12NEXT