We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help with Extraction Please! Options

JohnIce2
#1 Posted : 3/11/2016 5:42:00 AM

All posts are imaginary.

Ok so I have been doing some extracts on chali. And long story short some table salt (non-iodized NaCl) got involved and I believe it to be in my final product (I also used vinigar but the result feels and looks like fine crystal table salt of a brown yellowish color).

Is their any way to remove it without removing wanted alkaloids?
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jaffster
#2 Posted : 3/11/2016 9:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you post a picture of your extraction results?

JohnIce2
#3 Posted : 3/11/2016 4:34:48 PM

All posts are imaginary.

Sure I will later today! I tested it (sublingually/orally ) and it seems to be active around .6g. But only a mild phycadelic buzz was felt along with a slightly altered since of time. Kinda like marijuana but a definet heavy
Mental effect was noted.
All posts are imaginary and are just examples for me to learn simple to advanced organic chemistry processes.

JohnIce2
#4 Posted : 3/11/2016 11:59:22 PM

All posts are imaginary.

Here are some pics of the extracts. One has flash on to show what it would look like in a brighter environment. In my opinion its prolly just semi-inpure 5-meo (cause chali has other alkaloids to) with a whole whole bunch of salt. Or it may just be a typical impure acid salt form of the alkaloids. I honestly have no idea, but it was evaped out of a vinegar IPA solution (70% mixes with vinegar pretty well) and pops when smoked (direct flame).

NOTE: The reason the solution was a mix is that some of it was from a chali pull, and some of it was from previous extractions on YOPO and such that were put in my waste jar to steep until I could evap it all down for something useful.

The total yield was 15g flat from a solution of about 80ml

EDIT QUESTION: If this does in fact contain salt (NaCl) then would adding enough water to disolve all of it into solution and then evaping create a HCl salt form of the alkaloids in their and also eliminating the salt thru a chemical reaction?
JohnIce2 attached the following image(s):
IMG_1594.JPG (1,630kb) downloaded 32 time(s).
IMG_1595.JPG (2,203kb) downloaded 32 time(s).