We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Lex Coshi's DMT extraction v1 up for review Options

zhah
#1 Posted : 10/14/2007 3:42:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, version 1.0 of the LexTek for DMT extraction (using any material, but in the tek using acacia obtusifolia) with lots of good color pics and a section on making dmt enhanced leaf has been sent in to erowid for review. Looks pretty good to me....incredibly white spice at the end. I'd like to hear your comments in this thread. You can download it here: http://erowid.org/genera...eview_temp/LexTek_v1.pdf -z
What if it really [i:92fda18de4]is[/i:92fda18de4] all about the Hokey-Pokey?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

El Ka Bong
#2 Posted : 10/15/2007 7:36:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gorgeous article ! Spread the Word ! how to handle Kilo sized batches so even a 0.3% - 0.5% yeild makes a huge pile ! To explain the reduced yeild, was any left behind - or was the bark fully dry? If you can first dry-out tall the bark, to then pulverize all 2 kilos, I presume one can skip the 'cooking' part...? But vinegar ...?! is there an advantage to using vinegar over HCl..?

sillysyban
#3 Posted : 10/15/2007 7:51:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks awesome to me. A friend is gonna give it a go on a small ammount of phleb. With all the chlorophyll in it, it will give it a good test but I think it will work out great.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

zhah
#4 Posted : 10/15/2007 9:27:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:2ad3f416d4="El Ka Bong"] To explain the reduced yeild, was any left behind - or was the bark fully dry? [/quote:2ad3f416d4] Can't tell you. Just to be clear: I am not "Lex" and did not write this tek (so no fats to me for it!) I'm just submitting it here for review from "the jungle". [quote:2ad3f416d4="El Ka Bong"] If you can first dry-out tall the bark, to then pulverize all 2 kilos, I presume one can skip the 'cooking' part...? [/quote:2ad3f416d4] I don't think so...Noman? [quote:2ad3f416d4="El Ka Bong"] But vinegar ...?! is there an advantage to using vinegar over HCl..?[/quote:2ad3f416d4] [b:2ad3f416d4]BIG[/b:2ad3f416d4] advantage: vinegar is easy to obtain, non-toxic, and [i:2ad3f416d4]very[/i:2ad3f416d4] safe to handle. -z

mardybum
#5 Posted : 10/15/2007 9:44:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

one of the problems with using 2kg and skipping cooking just stb is that you gotta use loads and loads of water and have a huge container and then the water is allgunky and sometimes particles et stuck in the solvent. dunno if anyone noticed, but coshi, who is on this site wrote that tek and already posted it a few days ago hehe. its a freaking awesome tek mega props to coshi!!!

zhah
#6 Posted : 10/15/2007 10:17:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quoteVery happy8f89e0c56="mardybum"] dunno if anyone noticed, but coshi, who is on this site wrote that tek and already posted it a few days ago hehe. its a freaking awesome tek mega props to coshi!!![/quoteVery happy8f89e0c56] I saw that condensed ascii version that coshi posted (added: but didn't re-read the whole thread...see next post below) and was wondering if it was the same person, if coshi had copied it, or if it was a coincidence that they were so similar. I searched the forum for LexTek and various combinations, since I was certain that I had seen a link to a version 0.1 draft here a few months ago, but found nothing...I was planning on pm'ing coshi about this to see what was up. Coshi-man: thanks for this tek. Hope I didn't step on your toes by starting this thread. There's a couple of typos in the tek that I would like to get fixed. Can we e-mail about this? pm me if you like. -z

zhah
#7 Posted : 10/15/2007 10:28:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my bag, Coshi...I went through your acacia extraction thread again, and saw the link to the v0.1 draft from back in July and that you did already post a link to the v1 pdf. Sorry I missed this (I guess the search engine doesn't search the links or signatures, because a "Lex" search came up empty). peace -z p.s. I'd like to know if that "in memory of" tree shown at the end of the pdf was completely used, i.e. chopped down. It looks like it might be dead in the pic, though. what's up?

Viracocha
#8 Posted : 10/15/2007 1:39:57 PM

..still lc..

Glad everyone likes it! Very happy yeah, vinegar is good, hcl is dangerous easy to get, easy to use (don't even need pH meter/papers), safe! [quote:44b6116a64="mardybum"] one of the problems with using 2kg and skipping cooking just stb is that you gotta use loads and loads of water and have a huge container and then the water is allgunky and sometimes particles et stuck in the solvent [/quote:44b6116a64] ditto, exactly unless you can turn your bark to powder (consistency of flour, then i think you'd go alright with STB, but not as it is in the tek) And the whole lex, coschi, etc.. my signature is a bit of a giveaway.. Rolling eyes Razz Regarding the tree, not all was used - just as much as could be reached without chopping it down. the tree will remain standing for the moment. After a few months once the tree dies (it was happily alive in that pic), it begins to shed all it's bark, so i'll pay it a visit sometime soon. It's actually really efficient, even the twigs will lose their bark fyi, the first two pics here are of live trees the last three of the result of harvesting a tree (about 6 months later) [img:44b6116a64]http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6262/img0049kx0.th.jpg[/img:44b6116a64] [img:44b6116a64]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/6071/img0491ci8.th.jpg[/img:44b6116a64] [img:44b6116a64]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9335/img0485fd3.th.jpg[/img:44b6116a64] [img:44b6116a64]http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8799/img0487jm6.th.jpg[/img:44b6116a64] [img:44b6116a64]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7416/img0488vq6.th.jpg[/img:44b6116a64]

zhah
#9 Posted : 10/15/2007 3:24:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:6eec15e58c="Coschi"]Regarding the tree, not all was used - just as much as could be reached without chopping it down. the tree will remain standing for the moment. After a few months once the tree dies (it was happily alive in that pic), it begins to shed all it's bark, so i'll pay it a visit sometime soon. It's actually really efficient, even the twigs will lose their bark fyi, the first two pics here are of live trees the last three of the result of harvesting a tree (about 6 months later) [/quote:6eec15e58c] look...you're going to have to make this really explicit for me: are you telling me that you pulled all the bark you could off a healthy tree and then left it to die? I have to be honest and say that I don't know if this is the way to establish a relationship with a Plant Teacher of whose soul you partake. :tear: To all who are knowledgable about acacias: I've been hearing bad things about rogue and rampant acacia ravaging in Australia. Is it not possible to harvest the bark sustainably and without killing the tree? (edited: -> I've posed this question in the plant discussion forum. Please post responses in that thread.) -z

zhah
#10 Posted : 10/15/2007 3:37:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Mods, Quantum or Psilocybin: I changed my mind about wanting to keep this thread separate, since there's plenty of review/feedback in coschi's original "new acacia extraction tek" thread. Would you please merge this thread into Coschi's thread? peace -z

Viracocha
#11 Posted : 10/16/2007 3:00:49 AM

..still lc..

It's a two step process Removing all the lower sections of the bark, and then returning once the tree has died to remove the rest of the bark (it's very hard to remove the upper sections of bark when the tree is alive, when it's dead it lets all it's bark go) I know it's not the nicest thing, but i honestly believe the tree acknowledges the significance of what it holds and under the right circumstances does not begrudge the taker. The right circumstances being the age of the tree (acacia obtusifolia usually live between 20-30 years, allowing one to mature and then doing it justice nearing the end of it's life is OK in my opinion - yes yes, the tree in the tek was young, we travelled far and found very few of this was the eldest), and the intentions of the taker. FYI i would absolutely NEVER sell spice, it's a gift from nature and i make it my mission to show as many people as possible I feel that if the death of a tree progresses into something so significant as 10 people opening their eyes for the first time, then the tree would be smiling. And not just that tree, in these areas where the trees go wild there is an enormous presence of energy, i feel this as the plant teachers energy. This is where the plant teacher resides and through it's trees it speaks, taking a is a very intimate interaction with the plant teacher, and to be honest it doesn't feel like a bad one) Also, obtusifolia is a weed in victoria, so.. (imo, this is no consolation to the killing of a tree, i'm just stating a fact) Fallen branches where possible, but a lot of the time this is not feasible Taking small amounts from more trees is not a good idea as removing any of the tree's trunk bark exposes it to disease and pest infestation etc.. you lower it's chances of survival, i think it's best to pick and choose and take the entire amount Plus we shall plant one for every one we take (this hasn't begun yet, but the efforts will be backdated)

Noman
#12 Posted : 10/16/2007 6:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is a great tek but I think it would be better suited to Erowid and more useful to readers if it were written with more than acacia in mind. Its great strength is that it gives a nice clean product with just about anything. Its the only way to go with any green or fatty material - no endless defat steps while still getting goo. It will work very well for cactus too. Very happy

sillysyban
#13 Posted : 10/16/2007 7:47:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, About killing trees. I think that you really have to kill a tree and get all the bark off the one tree. This way you are getting all the bark of the tree and not letting it go to waste. If you take a little bit of bark off ten trees you will probably find that quite a few get disease and can die anyway. The best thing to do is remove the bark as coschi has done. Later go back and get the top bark. Then with all the wood you have light a fire around where the base of the tree was. This will germinate all of the fallen seeds from the tree and provide nourishment for them as they grow. Fire is the natural way these trees reproduce. Take a visit to the site a few years later and you will find a lot more trees there than before. On the killing of the trees. I think if it is replaced it is ok and sustainable. The spirit of the tree will know why it has been used and if when you smoke you thank the tree it will be happy with that. People burn, cut and chop wood for furniture, building and all sorts of stuff with no thought to replacing the forests. How much wood do all of us have in our homes? Have you all replanted the wood we have in our homes? Surely someone who takes for DMT and then replaces is better than most on our planet? My two cents. Peace to all.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

Viracocha
#14 Posted : 10/16/2007 8:52:34 AM

..still lc..

Cactus hey!? That's funny i've got 20 feet of pedro somewhere.. Noman, how would you adapt the tek for a mesc extraction? I already did mention that it can be used for any dmt containing material, but i can make that more obvious if you think it'd be better Sillysyban, well put, i hadn't ever thought of the fire thing but that's a pretty good idea (gotta be careful though, if i started a bush fire in there.. eh that'd be the end of me)

Fable
#15 Posted : 10/16/2007 9:52:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Coschi check out my mesc tek on page 2 for an idea on how to extract. There are a couple of refinements since then. Ill post the updates in the tek which will bring it onto the recent 10 list. By the way nice looking 6g pile of spice, you Fiend. Twisted Evil Outstanding work.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

zhah
#16 Posted : 10/16/2007 10:59:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi Coschi, thanks for your sincere reply. [quote:e0eda9a06f="Coschi"]It's a two step process yes yes, the tree in the tek was young, we travelled far and found very few of this was the eldest), and the intentions of the taker. Also, obtusifolia is a weed in victoria, so.. (imo, this is no consolation to the killing of a tree, i'm just stating a fact)[/quote:e0eda9a06f] hmmm....these two statements seem to contradict each other... [quote:e0eda9a06f="Coschi"]FYI i would absolutely NEVER sell spice, it's a gift from nature and i make it my mission to show as many people as possible[/quote:e0eda9a06f] I don't doubt your good intentions and I am aware of the value sharing The Divine Vision has for mankind and indeed for Gaia...In this sense it might truly be the lessor of two evils, though there are alternatives which don't require a life as price, e.g. mushrooms. [quote:e0eda9a06f="Coschi"]Fallen branches where possible, but a lot of the time this is not feasible[/quote:e0eda9a06f] Finding a fallen tree after heavy winds seems to be the ideal alternative to stripping a tree. You're correct about the time involved with gathering fallen branches and you would certainly have to wait a while and look several times before you had the luck to find a wind-fallen tree...Good things need time....does this seem like the type of thing to be in a hurry about? [quote:e0eda9a06f="Coschi"]Taking small amounts from more trees is not a good idea as removing any of the tree's trunk bark exposes it to disease and pest infestation etc.. you lower it's chances of survival, i think it's best to pick and choose and take the entire amount[/quote:e0eda9a06f] Agreed. I think we're unanimous on this one... [quote:e0eda9a06f="Coschi"]Plus we shall plant one for every one we take (this hasn't begun yet, but the efforts will be backdated)[/quote:e0eda9a06f] This would obviously be very commendable, but it sounds like this isn't the first tree you've stripped and that you haven't replanted one yet...until you do, you're good intentions are only that...why don't you make this your [i:e0eda9a06f]very next[/i:e0eda9a06f] project! :-) (Time to put your money where your mouth is! ;-) ) peace -z

zhah
#17 Posted : 10/16/2007 11:00:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:3b4136e183="sillysyban"]People burn, cut and chop wood for furniture, building and all sorts of stuff with no thought to replacing the forests. How much wood do all of us have in our homes? Have you all replanted the wood we have in our homes? Surely someone who takes for DMT and then replaces is better than most on our planet? My two cents. Peace to all.[/quote:3b4136e183] Thanks for your comments sillysyban. I agree on the whole...I, too, pondered the wooden furniture in my home and the bread and salad on my (wooden) table as I posted yesterday. You obviously can't make a wooden table without chopping down the tree, and we have to eat something (even we vegetarians...)...I can't quite put my finger on it, but there seems to me to be some difference between harvesting a vegetable to eat or harvesting a tree to build a shelter or a bed to sleep in and stripping a living being of it's skin and then leaving it there to die...I also found the "in memory of" with the picture of the young tree to be somehow slightly morbid. I realize Coschi wanted to pay respects with this gesture, but it came across to me like writing a book about the manufacture of parchment from human skin on the parchment and having a dedication to the "donor" in the book....I don't know. I do think it's important to discuss this topic and form a consensus on how to most respectfully and sustainably enter a relationship with this Plant Teacher. Finding a fallen tree after heavy winds seems to be the ideal alternative. Coschi correctly mentions the time involved with gathering fallen branches and as I mention above you would certainly have to wait a while and look several times before you had the luck to find a wind-fallen tree...but is this the kind of thing to be in a hurry about? peace -z

zhah
#18 Posted : 10/16/2007 11:01:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:b2c122ee8b="Noman"]I think this is a great tek but I think it would be better suited to Erowid and more useful to readers if it were written with more than acacia in mind.[/quote:b2c122ee8b] Thanks for your comments, Noman. This is why I started this thread. I think this would be a good tek for Erowid, too. Due to it's many fine pictures, it would be a good replacement for QT's tek, don't you think? As Coschi points out, it says right at the beginning of the tek that this can be used for any material, but it would be good if it were made very plain that this is a good, generic all-purpose dmt-extraction tek. -z

Viracocha
#19 Posted : 10/16/2007 4:19:43 PM

..still lc..

I guess i can't really say more than i already have.. i've been thinking about this all day though, and found some reinforcement in my points although i won't go into all this (i'll be typing for days!) but, i will say that i believe the psychedelic awareness is of great importance. it has been for a long LONG time spanning a range of ethnicities, and i think is at least equally important to shelter, furniture, or comfy toilet paper and Very happy the spots are about a five hour drive (one way), driving that far for a few fallen twigs, maybe a log or two is simply not feasible! i'd suspect the plant teachers themselves would be saying 'you come this far and leave with so little? do the trip justice, do our purpose justice, do it properly' - i realise i'm in no position to make this claim but these trees are there for a purpose, and i honestly don't think it's such a bad thing my debt is 6 trees

zhah
#20 Posted : 10/16/2007 8:04:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Coschi, [quote:8b193b1b00="Coschi"]I guess i can't really say more than i already have.. my debt is 6 trees [/quote:8b193b1b00] well thanks for you sincere, reflected replies. I'm glad to see you've obviously thought about this. I look forward to hearing about how planted 6 (or more...how about 2 to 1? ;-) ) trees. :-) I think your tek is a good contribution. I'll contact you privately about the typos. peace -z

123NEXT»