We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
That feeling you get when you know you are about to die... Options

Emptiness
#1 Posted : 2/11/2016 7:18:05 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have always found the nexus forum to be of a meloncholic mood, well not melancholic but let's say solemn... that is apart from a few threads like this. More so than other forums on the internet excluding some others like socialanxietyforum, depressionforum & physics forums.

So I find it apt to talk about death here as death also has a lot to do with giving in to the DMT experience itself and letting go of everything from what I head people talk about.

Imagine one day working in a abatoir factory alone and you slipped and fell in to the meat grinder feet first. It suddenly dawns on your mind that there is no way you can possibly escape this situation and you will die with 100% absolute certainty. You feel the crushers start to work through your legs and then up in to the thighs. And then...

*THIS FEELING RIGHT HERE*

It is hard to put it in to words but it is a kind of dread... an *oh no* but a *sigh* at the same time of knowing you lost the game and you are about to be annihalited.

It is said that fear accompanies the possibility of death but calmness sheppards it's certainty.

I just want to talk about this with people who have gone through it with DMT.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

CaesarOfMex
#2 Posted : 2/11/2016 7:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

STOP. BREATHE.

You will be fine dude, psychs can play games with your mind that seem EXTREMELY real at the time, but rationality always prevails in at least this dimension. Don't beat yourself up about experiences, just move on and find grounding activities that take you back to places and moments of safety and comfort.

I honestly know what you mean since I felt pretty much the same as you describe after an incredibly strong ayahuasca trip. I KNEW I'd die.. . yet I'm still here, alive and kickin!! Smile

Eat meat (grounding energy), lift weights (more grounding), masturbate.. . don't dwell to much on the bad stuff, I PROMISE it will go away with time.

Much regards and speedy comeback.

STAY HEADSTRONG.

Emptiness
#3 Posted : 2/11/2016 8:51:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

CaesarOfMex wrote:
STOP. BREATHE.

You will be fine dude, psychs can play games with your mind that seem EXTREMELY real at the time, but rationality always prevails in at least this dimension. Don't beat yourself up about experiences, just move on and find grounding activities that take you back to places and moments of safety and comfort.

I honestly know what you mean since I felt pretty much the same as you describe after an incredibly strong ayahuasca trip. I KNEW I'd die.. . yet I'm still here, alive and kickin!! Smile

Eat meat (grounding energy), lift weights (more grounding), masturbate.. . don't dwell to much on the bad stuff, I PROMISE it will go away with time.

Much regards and speedy comeback.

STAY HEADSTRONG.

Thanks for the advice man but I have actually never felt like I was going to die, I am too scared to take that much... I was just curious about this sensation and what it means philosophicaly.

oversoul1919
#4 Posted : 2/11/2016 8:58:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When I get feeling I'm going to die...

...I just go on and die. It's simple as that.

It works. Wink

But seriously, I remember about 5-6 years ago, when I had horrible anxiety and hypochondria, I was convinced that my number has came up, and that I'm living my last days. I've though I will most likely experience sudden cardiac arrest, and die. I was going to work with thoughts in my head: "will i die on work, or on route to work? Or when I return from work, and in my home". Then I would be riding in the tram thinking: "oh my God, look how much people is here! I don't want to die in public place!"

Yes! That's how convinced I was! I'm not overly presenting it.

Guess what happened? Nothing!

You'll be fine. Enjoy.

Global
#5 Posted : 2/12/2016 9:46:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I've had quite the handful of brushes with death. When I'm in the moment, I am usually calm and collected. It is most often not till after the danger has passed, and I have the time to reflect on what (could have) happened that the true anxiety kicks in.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

universecannon
#6 Posted : 2/12/2016 10:17:08 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Some words that have helped me...

"IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE"

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jees
#7 Posted : 2/13/2016 2:11:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
I've had quite the handful of brushes with death. When I'm in the moment, I am usually calm and collected. It is most often not till after the danger has passed, and I have the time to reflect on what (could have) happened that the true anxiety kicks in.
I recognize this too.