We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Kundalini Options

BundleflowerPower
#1 Posted : 2/2/2016 10:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

im wondering how many of you have experienced a kundalini awakening, and how it relates to your entheogen use. This is quite an experience and I'm curious to anyone else's as well. I drank aya for quite some time before this happened to me, but I was also on suboxone, it's like as soon as quit the subs, the process began, as if the suboxone was blocking it. That's why I haven't been around on the nexus, I've been somewhat pre-occupied with this experience, and I (or as intezam would say "we," because I seem to have turned into a we lol) would love to hear other's thoughts about this.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

BundleflowerPower
#2 Posted : 2/2/2016 10:23:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm pretty lucky I know quite a few people on Facebook who have experienced this as well, but in "real life," I know 3 and two of them live out of state, so I really don't have many people physically around who I can open up to about this. I had noticed the "we are sexual energy thread," and was hoping this might be adressed there, because this energy has a sexual component, but it didn't, hence this thread. I've been empathic all my life to some extent, but this has turned that up quite a bit. I can feel people's energy now, I can feel their emotions, it's overwhelming at times, but I'd say all and all I love it, although a for a few months I thought I had went totally mad. Once I started to read about this, and put the logic behind it, it started getting a lot better.

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 2/2/2016 11:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude, I can't say I have any tangible personal experience of Kundalini, but it does intrigue me, and I do think there is something to it, whatever that "something" actually means. It is interesting to note that while Kundalini energy is not recognised by Western medical science currently, "Kundalini syndrome", or the side effects of a Kundalini awakening type experience, appears to be.

Do you think your ayahuasca experience was your initial trigger for this experience? Has this changed your experience of psychedelics or other substances since you first started to experience this, and do psychedelics and other substances affect it any way, vice versa? Were you involved with any other practices prior, or are you doing any currently, such as yoga or meditation? It seems like the yogi's place a fair bit of importance on yogic breathing, aka pranayama, particularly the practice of breath retention, for awakening Kundalini. The yogi's also emphasise the importance of self pacing and proceeding with care when engaging with these practices when attempting to awaken the Kundalini.

Are you aware of any Taoist practices like the microcosmic orbit meditation for when you feel a little overloaded? I'd recommend checking out the attached booklet, this is one of the core Taoist techniques. There is a great deal of overlap between Taoism and yoga in how they view the energy of the human body, but it seems like the yogic practices specifically designed to awaken Kundalini (such as Kundalini and Kriya yoga) emphasise the importance of moving the energy from the base of one's spine to the top of one's head. According to the Taoist master Mantak Chia writing in the attached booklet, this can cause energy overloads and short circuits, with the risks of nasty physical and mental side effects. He claims quite a few people with Kundalini issues have approached hi seeking relief from symptoms, and he says in all of these cases, correct use of the Taoist microcosmic orbit meditation aids in rapidly diffusing the energy overloading and bringing balance. Unlike the yogic approach which directs energy from the base of spine to the head, the Taoist approach is to loop the energy up the spine and then down the front, and to keeping looping this in cycles. The claim is that this helps avoid overloads and allows for a more gradual and balanced awakening of the Kundalini. Some people consider this a powerful but benign practice, while others view it as something that should be learned through an experienced teacher, so up to you on how you wish to proceed. The attached book has some good information on the theory and the technique and how best to go about it.

BundleflowerPower
#4 Posted : 2/3/2016 12:00:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay dude, so this is what happened. I used entheogen a for ~2 years before any of this started. Then I met a girl on Facebook, who's an empath, one day she was depressed and I left a comment on her post saying she's beautiful. Like 5 min later I felt this orgasmic energy with a strong sexual charge to it, she connected with me and it was like some sort of mind love. So I messaged her to ask if she sent energy or love or whatever, she had. Around that same time I met another girl who's awakened to this, and a dude who I'm pretty good friends with now. He and I drank aya 3 times and after that 3rd time (which was with chaliponga) it really kicked off, and that was the same time I quit the suboxone. Then I started to realize that I'm not made up of one discrete self, but rather many layers, which I've been shedding. The energy is just one aspect of this, another is this whole connectedness thing, Colective consciousness. I sort of feel like everyone I know who knows is not only connected with me but somehow a part of me then there's my higher self and ego trying its hardest to hold on, because it doesn't like this oneness concept at all, it wants to be alone. It's almost as if meeting these people who are like this triggered it in me.

Then there's the plants, before I didn't realize what the shamans were doing as far as energy goes, but now I know that the plants have energy just like we do, and I can connect to them just like I can to a person. Now I know what people mean when they say that caapi is the mother of the plants.

When I drink ayahusca now I feel this oneness that I felt before, but it's awesome now after dealing with all these layers of myself. And I need less of it as well.

Now when I spoke of the girl sending the energy, it seems like it was her energy, but that connection set off waves of kundalini. To me kundalini feels like electricity, orgasmic electricity. And it can be controlled, so it seems like magic. It feels like divine light in other words. And all of this reminds me of some sort of alchemical transformation, where I'm trying to unify opposites - ego and higher self

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 2/3/2016 12:12:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the book btw

Leithen
#6 Posted : 2/3/2016 3:42:25 AM

Be Here Now

Hey thanks for posting this. These subjects really intrigue me! Smile

I had an experience a few months back that many people seem to think was a kundalini experience. I had absolutely no knowledge of these at the time. Since it happened I have done quite a bit of research and have found almost nothing to refute this claim.

The only thing that seems to be different in my experience compared to others is that it lost almost all its intensity just after I reached the peak. I personally believe this is because I was not really ready for it and looked at it with a rational mind rather than just letting it happen.

I will link the report here.

Let me know what you think and if you have any questions. I know I have a lot. Confused
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

RAM
#7 Posted : 2/3/2016 5:14:07 AM

Hail the keys!

Kundalini energy and awakenings are of much interest to me. Much of my yogic and psychedelic practice is devoted to awakening these energies within me and others with the goal of experiencing more during our lifetimes and connecting more deeply with both our spirits and nature.

Personally, I do not like to draw such a distinct line between Kundalini Awakening and non-Kundalini Awakening. I interpret all of this as varied levels of energy flowing throughout your chakratic system. I suppose that an influx of this flowing energy could be considered at an "Awakening" level for someone who has not experienced that amount of it before, but still I just see it as a lot of energy flowing through them.

I perform Kundalini meditation everyday that I learned from practice with a master and from a book called Kundalini Awakening: A Gentle Guide to Chakra Activation and Spiritual Growth by John Selby. If you want to gently wake these energies up within your body, I definitely recommend reading this book. However bear in mind that this book has a focus on centering the energy around your fourth Heart chakra rather than having an explosion through your seventh Infinite chakra.

Both types of awakening can be beneficial and interesting, but the book mainly details gentle activation methods that are mostly about being and spreading love. There can be negative consequences to Kundalini activation, and Selby's gentle recommendations and practices can help mitigate such consequences.

For a brief anecdote, I had a powerful rush of Kundalini energy a few months back while on vacation on Colorado (which I find to be a sacred place). I was on four cannabis pills that I had made, and this was almost at an overdose level as I had a psychedelic-type journey. While I also had a lot of intestinal pain and was extremely paranoid, there was a two-hour session where I was gyrating on my hotel bed due to energies flying up and down my spine. I was in a sort of cannabinoid-hyperspace surrounded by entities, and as the energy was rushing through me, it felt like it was "clearing" things out, as small childhood memories that I had not thought of in years were popping of the side of my chakratic canal in rapid succession.

After this "clearing out" experience I felt much more in tune with my energetic flow up through my spine, and I was able to recreate it at will, especially under the influence of cannabis or other psychedelics. I have also tried to and succeeded in feeling great surges of this energy while on small doses of vaped DMT.

You do not need drugs to get you to this point, but they can sure help the process along, especially when paired with the right meditative methods, mindsets, and lifestyle.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Leithen
#8 Posted : 2/3/2016 4:46:34 PM

Be Here Now

I am going to start reading this today. I knew right away that this was not just a result of the drug I had taken but most definitely something going on inside me. I would really like to start meditating on these experiences and hopefully learn how to control it a bit more or at least be able to fully let it happen and stay in tune with it.

Once again the Nexus has proved to be a most valuable resource. Very happy
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

BundleflowerPower
#9 Posted : 2/5/2016 8:17:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

By awakening, I mean that this energy has some sort of consciousness, or intentionality. It seems that the energy itself is sufficient to begin the awakening of a higher level of consciousness in people, just like the plants, but for me this has taken it a few steps further. I really didn't know anything about chakras either, till they fired up, it was all spontaneous, after drinking those chaliponga brews and meeting the perfect people at the perfect time. And it seems (I say it's real) that two people can connect energetically as well, through the chackras is seems to me, this may or may not have sexual energy involved. I know quite a few people who know about connecting, and the consensus among us seems to be that by connecting to others in this way, it can start the awakening process in them as well. And just like with the plants, intention plays a big role, I seems like a lot of this stuff can be affected through intention.

BundleflowerPower
#10 Posted : 2/5/2016 8:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:
I am going to start reading this today. I knew right away that this was not just a result of the drug I had taken but most definitely something going on inside me. I would really like to start meditating on these experiences and hopefully learn how to control it a bit more or at least be able to fully let it happen and stay in tune with it.

Once again the Nexus has proved to be a most valuable resource. Very happy

The best way I've found is to allow not direct. I don't even try to control it, except by letting go, which always seems to increase it substantially

Rising Spirit
#11 Posted : 5/19/2016 4:09:24 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

Just beautiful, BundleflowerPower.

For many of us upon the Path to Moksha, our initial experiences with the "Serpent Energy", stem from the use of entheogens. Back in 1978, under the rushing expansion of LSD, I experienced Kundalini awakening for the first time. I had no prior knowledge of this force nor any concept of chakras. Sure, I had heard of the third eye or "Mind's Eye" but I thought it was a metaphor. But the geyser-like sensation erupted from the base of my physical spine, shooting/wiggling all the way up the the top of my crown (and beyond).

Suddenly, the person "I" had grown accustomed to perceiving myself to be dissolved into a profound stillness, an emptiness too deep to fathom with the instrument of mortal mind. Within the roaring silence, the all-pervasive rumble of the AUM vibration, could be palpably touched and in so doing, fused through direct immersion... to a limitless bliss. A few months later, I read Paramahansa Yogananda's Autobiography Of A Yogi.

One year later, I was initiated in the Self Realization Fellowship and began practicing Kriya Yoga (Kundalini Yoga pranayama). While I had been sitting in Zazen meditation for about four years, this was something more akin to psychedelic states of mind. I have walked many roads since then but the Serpent Energy is my constant companion. Nearly forty years along the Way, I must say that Kundalini is a part of my daily life, to one degree or another. It has become an automatic thing. Gentler and more integrated.

Welcome home, dear friend!!! Thumbs up
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

spacexplorer
#12 Posted : 5/22/2016 5:08:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What's the best Kriya yoga practice?

Also yes I think I experienced kundalini but it seems to be kinda stuck around my back area right now weirdly

BundleflowerPower
#13 Posted : 5/23/2016 12:28:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:

Also yes I think I experienced kundalini but it seems to be kinda stuck around my back area right now weirdly

Could be a block. That's one thing kundalini seems to do is to knock away energetic blocks. This can be sort of crazy when it comes to the mind btw. And it's not just energy, it seems to awaken collective consciousness.

BundleflowerPower
#14 Posted : 5/23/2016 12:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One question I have though, is how does kundalini relate to tantric or sexual energy? Is it the same thing? Is it just just kundalini flowing through the first and second chakras? I ask because I drank ayahuasca in a cerimony not long ago with a few friends who also have awakened kundalini and know about tantra. We become one thing, like merged together, more than a simple connection, and I felt SO much energy flowing through me, and it was highly sexually charged. I went so deep that everyone i was with, and all the energies I felt became one thing. So that had me thinking that all of those things are really the same energy, the light, reiki, kundalini, tantra. All the light with different focuses. Life force energy basically. Am I off here?

Rising Spirit
#15 Posted : 5/24/2016 1:09:43 PM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

BundleflowerPower wrote:
I went so deep that everyone i was with, and all the energies I felt became one thing. So that had me thinking that all of those things are really the same energy, the light, reiki, kundalini, tantra. All the light with different focuses. Life force energy basically. Am I off here?

As we used to say in the good old days, "right on"! Everything is universal energy blooming throughout myriad fields of existential being. And you are most astute, the Kundalini takes many guises, channels alternate frequencies of manifestation, upon it's journey from the root to the sky (Sahasrara or crown chakra). Thumbs up
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

BundleflowerPower
#16 Posted : 5/24/2016 7:06:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rising Spirit wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
I went so deep that everyone i was with, and all the energies I felt became one thing. So that had me thinking that all of those things are really the same energy, the light, reiki, kundalini, tantra. All the light with different focuses. Life force energy basically. Am I off here?

As we used to say in the good old days, "right on"! Everything is universal energy blooming throughout myriad fields of existential being. And you are most astute, the Kundalini takes many guises, channels alternate frequencies of manifestation, upon it's journey from the root to the sky (Sahasrara or crown chakra). Thumbs up

I agree. And it's not like I only feel this way on the medicine. It's constant pretty much, it's just about 100x as intense on the medicine because I can fully let go.

spacexplorer
#17 Posted : 5/24/2016 7:42:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:

Could be a block. That's one thing kundalini seems to do is to knock away energetic blocks. This can be sort of crazy when it comes to the mind btw. And it's not just energy, it seems to awaken collective consciousness.

Yeah I think it is, need some ayahuasca to clear it out

BundleflowerPower
#18 Posted : 5/24/2016 8:42:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacexplorer wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:

One thing I can say, is that since my kundalini came alive, ayahuasca is totally different ballgame for me. I've only drank it a few times since, but it's WAY more amazing now

spacexplorer
#19 Posted : 5/25/2016 4:29:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BundleflowerPower wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:
BundleflowerPower wrote:
spacexplorer wrote:

One thing I can say, is that since my kundalini came alive, ayahuasca is totally different ballgame for me. I've only drank it a few times since, but it's WAY more amazing now

Yeah kundalini really awakens your creative potential. Mind sharing some differences?

BundleflowerPower
#20 Posted : 5/25/2016 5:04:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The energy. I didn't know about energy before a year ago. Now all my chakras are open, so when I drink aya, the amount of energy I feel flowing through my body is almost unbelievable. Plus since it came alive, and I went through the dark night, and came out of that, and done a lot of self work without it, when I drink it now, it's helped put it all in context. Actually at first it was like it lost its effect, it's only been lately that I've gotta that back, and it's amazing. It's more feeling it, emotional connection, because I either always was an empath and suppressed it, or awakening turns you into an empath.

12NEXT