We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmine Extraction Options

DeltaSpice
#1 Posted : 2/1/2016 9:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I have about 20g of Harmala Alkaloids sitting in a jar for a couple of years now, so maybe it is time to put them to use.

I just want to double check with people in the know before I start messing with my Alks.
Is this basically what to do?

Add the Harmala alkaloids to warm vinegar , let them dissolve , then add some water, then add the sodium bicarbonate and the Harmine will fall out..

And also the sodium carbonate for the Harmaline.

Also I have a fair amount of different Vine Alkaloids. These I smoke and use them for Changa.
Has anyone discovered how to precipitate the THH out of them?

Thanks untold.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 2/1/2016 10:29:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, adding bicarbonate will raise the pH high enough to only base one of the harmala alks. I don't remember which one specifically. There will still be some left though that wont react until its raised a bit further, so when adding the carbonate you will get the other harmala alk to precipitate, along with a small percentage of the first alk mixed in with it.

I have no idea how to go about separating the THH from mixed caapi alks though.

I prefer to just use the alkaloids as is, in whatever mix the original plant intended for them to be in.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 2/1/2016 11:51:51 PM

dysfunctional word machine

I requested for the moderators to move this thread to the "Harmalas" subforum. There, you'll find a sticky thread titled Harmalas Extraction and Separation Guide. Perhaps you could have added your questions to that thread in the first place?

Also note that the bicarbonate-based separation does not yield a perfect separation, IIRC only 90% or so. Check out the thread titled Freebase percentage AND pH calculator for more information.

DeltaSpice
#4 Posted : 2/4/2016 9:00:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
I requested for the moderators to move this thread to the "Harmalas" subforum. There, you'll find a sticky thread titled Harmalas Extraction and Separation Guide. Perhaps you could have added your questions to that thread in the first place?

Also note that the bicarbonate-based separation does not yield a perfect separation, IIRC only 90% or so. Check out the thread titled Freebase percentage AND pH calculator for more information.

cheers....
90% sounds good to me

concombres
#5 Posted : 2/4/2016 9:12:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DeltaSpice wrote:
pitubo wrote:

cheers....
90% sounds good to me

There is a way to convert harmaline to THH I believe. I do not remember the exact procedure but it is around here somewhere.

I do recall that it was questioned whether or not it actually worked, but I did see some gc/ms data here recently that showed it did in fact work.

I will go find some links & edit them into the post shortly.

THH conversion

Not much word on cleaning up the THH from zinc salts but it looks as if ethanol would do the job.

Pure THH allows you to mix in at different ratios with other harmalas & find the perfect mix.
If you go this route using a TLC kit to test your results is a good idea.

DeltaSpice
#6 Posted : 2/5/2016 7:46:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Concombres.
Interesting. I will eventually try to convert to THH.
I never would have thought it was formed by converting Harmine. I assumed it was a stand alone alkaloid.
I want to see how Harmine and Harmaline smokes.
At the moment I've nearly finished my Vine (Yellow/Red/White) extractions.

My last batches were dissolved in vinegar twice , these Alks (Red/Yellow/Black)I've been smoking daily for about a year, Joint style with mullein and cigarette filters.

The new batches, I tried smoking after one vinegar clean up, so the Alks were not white but darker. The results were not good . They left a funny taste in my mouth and a coating. Also had a rough throat the next day.
So now I've re dissolved a second time for purer whiter Alkaloids.

I cant recommend smoking vine Alks enough, beats ganja , hands down for me.
It also works as pain relief for me.

I will post pictures when I'm done.

DeltaSpice
#7 Posted : 2/7/2016 9:45:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What a nightmare.

I took my Powdered Rue Alkaloids and dissolved them followed by a salting.
It was all good thus far but I knew I had too much Alkaloids, 20 grams or maybe 30g, I cant recall and didn't check.

I then dissolved the fiberglass looking Alks this morning and started adding Sodium bicarbonate .

The Alks/liquid became saturated with the bicarbonate so I ended up with 2 three litre mason jars and could only achieve a Ph of 8.0 not the 8.7 I was looking for.

Harmine is precipitating, I guessing that's what it is.

edit: Since then the batteries in my ph tester died.
So I'm wondering if the was the reason I could only hit a ph of 8.0

DeltaSpice
#8 Posted : 2/7/2016 11:05:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Advice needed please.

So far I have what looks like a lot of Harmine and a tiny bit of Harmaline.

The thing that's worrying me is the fact that it is sparkling.

I've never seen sparkling Harmalas before, I have it in my head that its excess Carbonate/Bicarbonate .
Even though I've done several washes its till sparkling ..

Wut?

Also I'm wondering : Does Carbonate/Bi-Carbonate require distilled water to dissolve fully , as lye does????

thanks

DeltaSpice
#9 Posted : 2/14/2016 6:42:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Finished up my separations.
One of the problems I encountered was saturating water with the bi carb and the carb.
It requires hot water to dissolve.

My Rue Harmala alks has 2 saltings then I gave the Harmine 2 more saltings .

I ended up with 7grams of fluffy Harmine and 6 grams of Harmaline.
4g white and 2g sparkling .

Smoking the Harmaline is give a strong sedative affect.
The Harmine is milder but delayed in effect , it hits you when you've nearly finished the joint.
DeltaSpice attached the following image(s):
IMAG1702.jpg (1,371kb) downloaded 76 time(s).
IMAG1652.jpg (1,364kb) downloaded 77 time(s).
IMAG1653.jpg (2,255kb) downloaded 76 time(s).