We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Trichocereus ID Options

Xt
#81 Posted : 5/4/2011 4:32:25 AM

“Right here and now, one quanta away, there is raging a universe of active intelligence that is transhuman, hyperdimensional, and extremely alien... What is driving religious feeling today is a wish for contact with this other universe.”
― Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

landfishd
#82 Posted : 7/28/2011 7:08:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Saw this in a friends backyard, could it be pachanoi?
landfishd attached the following image(s):
IMG_20110727_135053.jpg (1,040kb) downloaded 445 time(s).
IMG_20110727_135045.jpg (1,129kb) downloaded 444 time(s).
IMG_20110727_135102.jpg (1,059kb) downloaded 445 time(s).

ouro
#83 Posted : 7/28/2011 7:39:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

landfishd, its pach, but it very well could be the dud variety. The most common horticultural pach in the usa is inactive at 2 ft of green skins...

landfishd
#84 Posted : 7/28/2011 7:53:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ouro! I figured it would be too good to be true, but I will try to extract from it since now I know at least it is possible.

dg
#85 Posted : 7/28/2011 9:26:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

landfishd wrote:
Thanks ouro! I figured it would be too good to be true, but I will try to extract from it since now I know at least it is possible.

Ouro is right on, you'd be (very) lucky to get .5%

Nathaniel
#86 Posted : 8/11/2011 4:11:03 PM

Nathaniel

http://www.largelyaccura....com/pedro/pedro_02.html
now, i admit that i am a n00b to the world of cacti, but am i the only one who sees no real information in this website? i recently acquired some Trichocereus Pachanoi cuttings and joined the nexus, and since have come across myriads of conflicting "information". please don't construe my post as being arrogant or anything, but i'm really interested in learning about this plant (and other cacti) and i seriously cannot find any scientific information on it.

i was initially alarmed when i came across this "pachanoi vs. pachanot" debate. however, after digging a little deeper it seems apparent that there IS no debate, and this singular website is the only place it exists. is anybody with me on this? i spent about an hour or so searching the internet for anything regarding this supposed discrepancy and there is literally nothing about it anywhere. it seems that there is little to no scientific research on San Pedro alone, and all the "facts" i come across are based on hearsay and conjecture.

i'm not trying to be a negative nancy, rather i am asking for your guidance. does anyone have any factual information about this sacred cactus? i looked feverishly through the above website and came to the conclusion that there is little to no real scientific information on it. now, maybe i am just naive (and i'll admit i've been wrong before), but can anyone tell me what enlightenment i am supposed to garner from looking at a bunch of similar pictures that only state to "look at this", while leaving all scientific discrepancy to the already confused viewer?

please help, cactophiles. i'm just looking for definitive information about the San Pedro cactus. it seems very mysterious and uncharted.
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

ouro
#87 Posted : 8/11/2011 7:56:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nate, I can't figure out what you are concerned with exactly. It is a fact that the common US horticultural clone has no so called magic in it. What factual information are you looking for? If you want to get a better idea of what strain your cactus is post some pics. Is a little uncertainty in the world that alarming?

dg
#88 Posted : 8/11/2011 11:21:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

Nathaniel wrote:
and this singular website is the only place it exists.

http://www.shaman-austra...m/index.php?showforum=27
you could read more about the "debate"(lulz) in trouts threads at sab

here is the specific one:
http://www.shaman-austra...ndex.php?showtopic=19992

as for the rest of your post, what scientific info are you looking for, might be able to direct you...

Nathaniel
#89 Posted : 8/12/2011 6:18:09 AM

Nathaniel

i just don't see the supposed differences based on that Trout website with all the comparative photos. nor have i read anything regarding a "commercial" Pedro clone. i appreciate any insight. i will look a those links you posted.

i'm confused because as soon as i started researching San Pedro i came across a lot of conflicting information and haven't been able to find anything that is "definitive".

thanks again, guys. i'm still learning
You are me and I am you, I'll always be with you...

The Day Tripper
#90 Posted : 8/18/2011 7:47:13 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
SWim got these today, he assumes that they are as described, ie Bridgesii/achuma.

Can anyone confirm that these are in fact achuma, they look like the last achuma swim got, but doesn't have that great of cactus id'ing skills.

Thanks-
The Day Tripper attached the following image(s):
201108~4.JPG (1,020kb) downloaded 379 time(s).
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

Madcap
#91 Posted : 8/19/2011 12:12:27 AM

illudium Q-36

Sho nuff look like bridgesii. Harder to say for sure without the areols intact. It's probably got the goods.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

dg
#92 Posted : 8/19/2011 1:54:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

a bit hard to tell, were the spines removed for shipping?
if not, it is likely a pachanoi(looks almost like the PC discussed above...)

The Day Tripper
#93 Posted : 8/19/2011 7:37:32 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
dg wrote:
a bit hard to tell, were the spines removed for shipping?
if not, it is likely a pachanoi(looks almost like the PC discussed above...)

Yes spines were removed. I'm fairly sure its bridgesii, the vendor was recommended by irishlion on mycotopia, and that guy knows his cactus. SWIM can't hardly wait till he has time to tea these up Very happy
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

AlbertKLloyd
#94 Posted : 8/25/2011 11:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathaniel wrote:
http://www.largelyaccurateinformationmedia.com/pedro/pedro_02.html
now, i admit that i am a n00b to the world of cacti, but am i the only one who sees no real information in this website? i recently acquired some Trichocereus Pachanoi cuttings and joined the nexus, and since have come across myriads of conflicting "information". please don't construe my post as being arrogant or anything, but i'm really interested in learning about this plant (and other cacti) and i seriously cannot find any scientific information on it.

i was initially alarmed when i came across this "pachanoi vs. pachanot" debate. however, after digging a little deeper it seems apparent that there IS no debate, and this singular website is the only place it exists. is anybody with me on this? i spent about an hour or so searching the internet for anything regarding this supposed discrepancy and there is literally nothing about it anywhere. it seems that there is little to no scientific research on San Pedro alone, and all the "facts" i come across are based on hearsay and conjecture.

There is no debate, the pachanot clone is garbage compared to other clones and clearly does not meet the criteria for pachanoi. That website you quote reflects the best up to date knowledge around and is maintained by the most well informed and scientific person in this field, period. There is so little conjecture regarding this matter that it is funny that your impression is otherwise.

There isn't anyone outside of dishonest vendors that claim that the clone called pachanot is worth obtaining growing or employing. Try and find someone who has studied the plants in the Andes and see what they have to say about this. Nobody worth their salt thinks that this clone is pachanoi, or that it is worth growing when compared to other plants.

In this thread there are plants would like to see addressed, like the puquiensis, the crassicostatus and hybrids.

Buster
#95 Posted : 9/6/2011 10:51:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can Any1 ID this please?

Bought 2 years ago sold to me as bridgesii
Buster attached the following image(s):
063.JPG (544kb) downloaded 279 time(s).
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

AlbertKLloyd
#96 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:04:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It does not appear to be bridgesii, it may be hybrid but appears to be a peruvianoid, possibly allied with cuzcoensis.
It also appears to be slightly etiolated, as if grown in part sun.
It is hard to ID it because of this, the spines should grow longer in full sun, and the plant should grow thicker and have a different profile from the side.

Buster
#97 Posted : 9/7/2011 12:38:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks alot Albert.

ah yes i do have some issues with sunshine as i live in Scotland lol.
It sits on an easterly windowsill so any sunshine is only in the morning.

Any suggestions on how to make it a bit healthier? maybe supplement it with some lights?
i have a cupboard with a hps lamp in it would it help if i moved it in there?
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

dg
#98 Posted : 9/7/2011 2:40:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

move it outside on sunny/warm days( any dry day above freezing Smile ) they grow well outside in foggy/cool Bay Area, but wont handle freeze well (if the plant is fully hydrated, and the soil or plant surface is moist, dont let it get below freezing)

most trichs survived winters down to 15-20*f when dry in my greenhouse

how many watts is the hps in the pantry?
(thats very strong light for such use typically..)

cacti grow great under HID hps lights

Buster
#99 Posted : 9/7/2011 3:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you dgSmile

With it being September the weather is really starting to turn cold wet and windy here.
We might get a few mildish dry days still but im not banking on it, although any glimpses of sunshine
ill get it out in the open. I might even take it so my mothers as she has a garden which i lack because im 2 upCrying or very sad (would a window box suffice i wonder)

Although i would rather not take it there she lives 12 miles away and i love my lil cactus, its been great watching it grow id be sad for it to leave me.

The lamp i have is 400w HID hps and the room temps range from 16 deg.c night to 28deg.c day time.
If this would be useful will it be worth putting it in now or better to wait until next growing season has started?

dg
#100 Posted : 9/7/2011 4:36:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

i'd get it under the hps now/soon
once it gets used to the bright light, it can be as close as 12-18" (as long as the temps dont burn the tip)

good luck Mate

«PREV34567NEXT»