We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
confronting the negative (with love) Options

fathomlessness
#21 Posted : 10/6/2016 2:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AstraLex wrote:
I think entheogenic-gnosis makes one grave mistake in his/her thinking and therefore doesn't understand why there is war, conflict, lack of love etc. You see, you falsely assume that humans are good, loving, compassionate and divine beings. In reality, we are overindulgent, greedy, lustful, lazy, hateful, jealous and egoistic beings.

Simultaneously, we are very fond of ourselves and fail to see our own shortcomings, but readily see those in others - hence our angry thoughts "why do others act negatively, and can't be as positive as we are?". However, a honest introspection and self-awareness will readily reveal the darkness which is deeply settled at the core of your own soul.

Just look at the entire history of human civilization - it was, and still is, and will probably always be full of violence, dishonesty, unfairness and war. It's not because of some group of bad guys, but because the humanity is mentally sick in its entirety.

This Thumbs up

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

kolorit
#22 Posted : 10/6/2016 4:34:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it is Love, which gives way to Hate?

On top of that I agree with Astralex.
Quote:
Just look at the entire history of human civilization - it was, and still is, and will probably always be full of violence, dishonesty, unfairness and war. It's not because of some group of bad guys, but because the humanity is mentally sick in its entirety.

tseuq
#23 Posted : 10/6/2016 6:12:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is not about love but a concept (f.e. ethics, moral), because love can not be "understood"/experienced in a sense of duality but in a sense of what is.

tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

endlessness
#24 Posted : 10/7/2016 4:45:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
You see, you falsely assume that humans are good, loving, compassionate and divine beings. In reality, we are overindulgent, greedy, lustful, lazy, hateful, jealous and egoistic beings.

How about both? Or how about it depends? Or how about there are levels of all those things and they can be consciously managed (as well as strategically promoted or eliminated/diminished with outside help) ?

Also, the arguments that talk about how humanity is or isnt based on the past, just because something was once in a certain way doesnt mean it will always be in such a way.

As for the whole ISIS discussion, it goes into the whole 'only if this was an ideal world' scenario to say whether non-violence would work, except this argument could be used for the other side too.. If it was an 'ideal' world, then bombing ISIS and killing combatants might help (just like destroying american army and stopping their invasion of foreign land might help).. Except we are talking about the real world and complex network of human beings, and in neither side it will do good because it will generate retaliation, retribution. It will mean the children and family of the people who were killed will now live their whole lives dedicated to hating the other side, and breeding further hate. Likelyhood of peace being made in such a way is probably 0.

Personally I believe raising the level of conscience and consciousness is the only way, and that can only be done through mid-long term education. In short term, its hard to say, maybe combating violence with violence can work in some cases, maybe combating violence with non-violence can work in other cases, maybe neither works or maybe both work in different cases.

dragonrider
#25 Posted : 10/7/2016 9:56:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AstraLex wrote:
I think entheogenic-gnosis makes one grave mistake in his/her thinking and therefore doesn't understand why there is war, conflict, lack of love etc. You see, you falsely assume that humans are good, loving, compassionate and divine beings. In reality, we are overindulgent, greedy, lustful, lazy, hateful, jealous and egoistic beings.

Simultaneously, we are very fond of ourselves and fail to see our own shortcomings, but readily see those in others - hence our angry thoughts "why do others act negatively, and can't be as positive as we are?". However, a honest introspection and self-awareness will readily reveal the darkness which is deeply settled at the core of your own soul.

That kind of logic is somewhat self-defeating, isn't it? I mean, if that where true, why would fighting for ISIS be such a bad thing? It would make the average ISIS fighter no different than any bug-exterminator.

acacian
#26 Posted : 10/9/2016 12:32:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
AstraLex wrote:

That kind of logic is somewhat self-defeating, isn't it? I mean, if that where true, why would fighting for ISIS be such a bad thing? It would make the average ISIS fighter no different than any bug-exterminator.

Agreed.. I am saddened to see that some have such a stark view of the nature of humans... I think its counterproductive to only recognize our negative traits. How are we to get anywhere as a family with that as our self-realization. As endlessness pointed out, it is wrong to say it is one or the other. Human's are particularly unique because we have this great capacity for all of the above mentioned traits.. it is very much up to us which traits we invest our energy in... "manifestation" is the word I'm looking for here.

That is all part of being "conscious" beings... you do yourself and the world a disservice by viewing yourself as another cancerous being.. Don't disempower yourselves..our footprint can be a good one too Smile

Intezam
#27 Posted : 10/9/2016 11:36:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

To we, the (worst) head of this eschaton snake is riba (!). Accord. to our believe, the way to somewhat minimize the negativity fall out is: to stop using riba and bail out of societies that do so...(...we think). Why? It opened the doors to countless evils that multiply in a chess board pattern - once a certain threshold is crossed, the process appears to be irreversible due to it's dynamics and velocity.

Then, at One (1) point even Love and Light will become loike empty, hollow phrases.

It was the One (1) event where Jesus Al-Masih (SAW) resorted to violence and the One (1) day in his documented life, when he actually cursed a tree: Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever...

If all our evolution was for naught then we humans shall not bear fruit after all...???

In whose heart the Beloved took residence he wouldn't earn from zulm...

Quote:
"There will come a time when the best property of Muxlims will be (some) sheep/crops which they will take to the tops of (remote) mountains and (to) the places of rainfall so as to flee and hold on to their Deen from the (the area of) afflictions".

and...

Quote:
"There will be a tribulation loike patches of dark night. A person will get up a practitioner and go to sleep in a state of kufr, or will go to sleep a practitioner and get up in a state of kufr. The One (1) who sits will be better than One (1) who stands, and One (1) who walks will be better than One (1) who runs. Break your bows, cut their strings, and strike (break) your swords against rocks. If someone comes to kill any of you, then be loike the better of the two sons of prophet Adam (AS)."

This may be irrelevant to most, but our prophet (SAW) used an 'Ethiopian' word for that period
The word he used was: Al-Harj Throughout the centuries the scholars were trying to make (no) sense as to why the prophet (SAW) used a non-Arabic 'Ethiopian' word here....

Then, accord. to one our another eschaton hadeeeth, there will be a certain 'vapor' from (the ocean abroad) Hdrmwt. Worthy practitioners (awliya, sulaha) will inhale that vapor and find/discover/uncover sweet (separation/ego) death.

DmnStr8
#28 Posted : 10/9/2016 5:13:34 PM

Come what may

The fear (negative) will always hunger and want to feed. Might as well feed it something healthy like love.

The Kybalion wrote:
The Priciple of Polarity

This Principle embodies the truth that "everything is dual"; "everything has two poles"; "everything has its pair of opposites," all of which were old Hermetic axioms. It explains the old paradoxes, that have perplexed so many, which have been stated as follows: "Thesis and antithesis are identical in nature, but different in degree"; "opposites are the same, differing only in degree"; "the pairs of opposites may be reconciled"; "extremes meet"; "everything is and isn't, at the same time"; "all truths are but half-truths"; "every truth is half-false"; "there are two sides to everything," etc., etc., etc. It explains that in everything there are two poles, or opposite aspects, and that "opposites" are really only the two extremes of the same thing, with many varying degrees between them. To illustrate: Heat and Cold, although "opposites," are really the same thing, the differences consisting merely of degrees of the same thing. Look at your thermometer and see if you can discover where "heat" terminates and "cold" begins! There is no such thing as "absolute heat" or "absolute cold"--the two terms "heat" and "cold" simply indicate varying degrees of the same thing, and that "same thing" which manifests as "heat" and "cold" is merely a form, variety, and rate of Vibration. So "heat" and "cold" are simply the "two poles" of that which we call "Heat"--and the phenomena attendant thereupon are manifestations of the Principle of Polarity. The same Principle manifests in the case of "Light and Darkness," which are the same thing, the difference consisting of varying degrees between the two poles of the phenomena. Where does "darkness" leave off, and "light" begin? What is the difference between "Large and Small"? Between "Hard and Soft"? Between "Black and White"? Between "Sharp and Dull"? Between "Noise and Quiet"? Between "High and Low"? Between "Positive and Negative"? The Principle of Polarity explains these paradoxes, and no other Principle can supersede it. The same Principle operates on the Mental Plane. Let us take a radical and extreme example--that of "Love and Hate," two mental states apparently totally different. And yet there are degrees of Hate and degrees of Love, and a middle point in which we use the terms "Like or Dislike," which shade into each other so gradually that sometimes we are at a loss to know whether we "like" or "dislike" or "neither." And all are simply degrees of the same thing, as you will see if you will but think a moment. And, more than this (and considered of more importance by the Hermetists), it is possible to change the vibrations of Hate to the vibrations of Love, in one's own mind, and in the minds of others. Many of you, who read these lines, have had personal experiences of the involuntary rapid transition from Love to Hate, and the reverse, in your own case and that of others. And you will therefore realize the possibility of this being accomplished by the use of the Will, by means of the Hermetic formulas. "Good and Evil" are but the poles of the same thing, and the Hermetist understands the art of transmuting Evil into Good, by means of an application of the Principle of Polarity. In short, the "Art of Polarization" becomes a phase of "Mental Alchemy" known and practiced by the ancient and modern Hermetic Masters. An understanding of the Principle will enable one to change his own Polarity, as well as that of others, if he will devote the time and study necessary to master the art.

"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

BundleflowerPower
#29 Posted : 10/12/2016 12:24:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I noticed this thread again after going through a negative phase for a while after starting a new job about a month ago. I hadn't worked really in about a year, because after I really started to awaken, when I was in the phase in between ego and no ego, where my ego was basically annihilated but still there, or I guess one could call that the dark night of the soul, it was quite difficult to even go around others for a whilet. And it's different working around others now, since I have this new awareness of ego, both my own and others, and now I'm learning how egos interact with each other.

One thing I remembered today and why I'm commenting here, but that I had forgot again until today, is that love really is the most powerful sort of energy, and it can defeat any sort of negativity, but it has to be sincere love. For instance I'd be at work, and my mind would be stuck in a negative loop, with negativity coming from within and from others at work, for days on end. Now I knew that love was more powerful, yet it's not as simple as telling whatever aspect of myself was being negative that "I love you." Because I can say that but if I'm still holding a grudge against my ego say, and didn't really forgive, then it doesn't work. Ditto for others, and it's been interesting to see how my ego handles others negativity. If someone at work becomes negative, I feel like I take on the negative energy, and the ego may simply perceive it to be negative, whether it's intended that way or not. And I'm an empath, so I can either just take on the negative energy and then listen to thoughts that result, or I can mirror it, deflect it back in other words, either by reacting outwardly towards said person in a similar negative manner, or by actually sending the energy back, but I'm not one for conflict and I don't like sending people negative energy. The thing that works the best though, is to send them my own energy, send them love, just breathe it into them, heart chakra to heart chakra. And I breathe in their energy as well, because I really can't call that love if I'm unwilling to let them in like that. It's amazing the effect this has, and no one seems to notice, their energy simply appears to become more balanced and generally harmony amung the crew is restored, and I tend to learn lessons about why they became negative and what part of myself is being mirrored by them.

acacian
#30 Posted : 10/13/2016 10:58:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think its definitely important to remember that confronting the negative with love does not necessarily require smiles, laughter and friendly slaps on the back. To confront another with love is to confront them with genuity and compassion - at times, this can involve being brutally honest or "frank" with a person. A person acting from compassion though will ideally do so in a sensitive manner..

PREV12