We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Use of fumaric acid ( food grade ) mushroom tea. Options

yamma1
#1 Posted : 1/28/2016 11:07:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi guys,

When I make a mushroom tea, I never use an acid ( vinegar/ lemon etc. )

I sometime use a small amount of fumaric acid when doing a mimosa extraction to bring the ph down. ( when I don't have white vinegar handy ) I have the food grade powder ( C4H4O4 )

Can fumaric acid be used when making a tea for cubensis? I would add a tiny amount in the mug with the powdered shrooms. then make a tea as normal.

Is it safe? Would it make a difference?

Thanks guys in advance

“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

arcologist
#2 Posted : 1/28/2016 6:14:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It may make the tea come on faster because psilocybin will be converted to psilocin before ingestion, rather than in the stomach.

yamma1
#3 Posted : 1/28/2016 11:25:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OK, cool, Thanks mate Smile
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”

Terrence Mckenna