We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
What is your favourite colour of spice? Red, Yellow, or White? Options

brilliantlydim
#1 Posted : 1/25/2016 4:43:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Which flavour do you like the best, or are they all the same to you?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

oversoul1919
#2 Posted : 1/25/2016 4:54:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tried beautiful snow like DMT, and I have tried yellow "less refined" DMT. It doesn't really make a difference, except white is beautiful too look at, but it turns somewhat beige/offwhite pretty quickly. Red, I have not tried yet, I have no hexane.

anon_003
#3 Posted : 1/25/2016 5:32:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My favorite spice ever was from my first acrb extract. It was an off-white, peachy tan. It wasn't quite goo, not quite powder, not quite crystals. Super tasty, super smooth to vaporize in a GVG and later on, changa.

It was extremely gentle, with an extended come-up period. Intensely colorful. I seemed to have more reliable entity contact. It was also a little "hazier" visually, if that makes sense? Most of the time, DMT visuals are quite crystal-clearly defined, but with this extract things were very dreamy. The afterglow was extremely intense and stoning, lasting about 30 mins or so. It felt almost opiate like.

Ahhhhhhhhh what I would give for some of that again Love Love Love Love
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

#4 Posted : 1/25/2016 9:25:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I usually end up with yellow/white DMT. Always served me well.

Several years back I used limo on MHRB after basing, then salted with FASI, dried the fumarate then converted it to freebase, which afterwards it looked like a dried peanut brittle type color/consistency. Smelled incredibly strong of indole.

I remember the first bowl of that stuff melted down on some leaf led to one of my strongest DMT experiences at the time. Got slapped pretty hard. Very happy

Those two would have to be my favorites.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 1/25/2016 12:00:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Honestly, yellow crystals on marijuana has produced the most intense experiences of my life, though I dosed very high...

I'm of the opinion that DMT is polymorphic, and pure forms may exist in both clear and yellow colors.

(I've never smoked red DMT)

When it comes to clear vs. Yellow I really don't think there is any distinguishable difference...

(Even if plant oils or lipids exist as contaminants in your sample this may actually aide in the vaporization of the DMT, providing a more efficient smoke, though I'm not sure that this have ever been confirmed...though I can say I prefer crystalline to "goo" )

-eg

1ce
#6 Posted : 1/25/2016 8:52:36 PM

Communications-Security Analyst

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Honestly, yellow crystals on marijuana has produced the most intense experiences of my life, though I dosed very high...

I'm of the opinion that DMT is polymorphic, and pure forms may exist in both clear and yellow colors.

When it comes to clear vs. Yellow I really don't think there is any distinguishable difference...

(Even if plant oils or lipids exist as contaminants in your sample this may actually aide in the vaporization of the DMT, providing a more efficient smoke, though I'm not sure that this have ever been confirmed...though I can say I prefer crystalline to "goo" )

-eg

I would say yellow crystals contain compounds that are NOT DMT. I would attribute its ability to not readily crystallize as a polymorphic characteristic. A yellow color, I would attribute to impurities (non DMT molecules) being present. That is not to say the yellowed DMT does not contain a synergistic compound which enhances the experience.

I myself favor colorless crystals, needlepoint and well defined.

http://i.imgur.com/gH3mTLL.jpg

ultraviolence
#7 Posted : 1/26/2016 3:52:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like yellow/tan stuff the most, seems to be the most rounded trip. White/clear seem to be missing something grounding and red is way way heavy.

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 1/26/2016 12:17:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:

-eg

I would say yellow crystals contain compounds that are NOT DMT. I would attribute its ability to not readily crystallize as a polymorphic characteristic. A yellow color, I would attribute to impurities (non DMT molecules) being present. That is not to say the yellowed DMT does not contain a synergistic compound which enhances the experience.

IMPORTANT: spice color purity fallacy thread

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=11715

https://www.researchgate...ial_scanning_calorimetry

Abstract
The powerful psychoactive features of N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) have sparked the imagination of many research disciplines for several decades. One of the key chemical features associated with compound identity is the determination of melting points. The descriptions of both melting points and morphology associated with DMT free base have long been a source of interest and discussion, especially when considering that these values encountered in the scientific literature range dramatically between 38–40 °C and 73–74 °C, respectively. Such variations in reported melting points suggest that DMT may exist in two or more polymorphic forms and it was the aim of this study to examine the potential polymorphism of DMT via X-ray powder diffraction (XRPD) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC), including fast scan DSC. DMT samples were prepared following extraction from Mimosa tenuiflora inner barks or by laboratory synthesis and then its crystals were recrystallized from solutions of the alkaloid using either hexane or acetonitrile. Irrespective of source, crystals originating from synthesis were predominantly white crystals obtained using crystallization from hexane, whereas yellow samples following recrystallization with acetonitrile. Irrespective of source or solvent, two polymorphs appeared to exist with melting points, determined by DSC, of 57 °C to 58 °C for Form I and 45 °C to 46 °C for Form II. Estimates for their enthalpies were 91.9 ± 2.4 J g− 1 for Form I and 98.3 ± 2.8 J g− 1 for Form II. Form II converted to Form I during DSC; conversion was thus prevented by fast scanning rates of 100 °C min− 1. A transition temperature (Tg) in the range − 21 °C (2 °C min− 1) to − 13 °C (100 °C min− 1) was determined depending on DSC scanning rate. Its closeness to the melting point indicates a tendency of Form II to convert to Form I on storage, a phenomenon that was also facilitated by grinding. This study indicates that the presence of differently colored DMT free base crystals obtained from recrystallization might also point towards the existence of polymorphs rather than just the presence of impurities.

This study indicates that the presence of differently colored DMT free base crystals obtained from recrystallization might also point towards the existence of polymorphs rather than just the presence of impurities.

I'm of the opinion that DMT is polymorphic and can exist in both pure yellow and pure white forms...this is not to say that all yellow DMT is pure, only that pure DMT can be yellow...

Polymorphism also accounts for melting point variability in pure samples...

(Some also speculate that some of these impurities in impure yellow samples may actually aide in the vaporization of the DMT, providing a more efficient hit and possibly protecting the molecule, meaning the impure yellow samples may not necessarily be low quality... depending on the type and quantity of impurities)

Though I'm also aware that many do not hold these views, and contest that only "white" (translucent) DMT is pure. I suppose it's all about the evidence you take into consideration or choose to dismiss on either side...

-eg

acacian
#9 Posted : 1/27/2016 8:44:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-eg

i'd be inclined to agree with this.. if the dmt is in a solid crystal form then the amount of substance that alters its colour would be so minimal it would be unlikely to produce much if any difference in effects.. the experience is certainly variable from journey to journey so its very hard to pinpoint.. its the waxes and oils that often produce distinguishable differences in effects but that is likely due to the presence of other compounds which may be psychoactive in their own right

Godsmacker
#10 Posted : 1/28/2016 5:31:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Meanwhile, over in Changa Country...Big grin Laughing Very happy Surprised Rolling eyes Wut? Pleased Razz Cool
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

ultraviolence
#11 Posted : 1/28/2016 12:53:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Godsmacker wrote:
Meanwhile, over in Changa Country...Big grin Laughing Very happy Surprised Rolling eyes Wut? Pleased Razz Cool

I made a batch of "full spectrum" changa using red, tan, orange, yellow, and clear dmt, that stuff is insane Surprised

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 1/28/2016 2:00:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acacian wrote:

-eg

i'd be inclined to agree with this.. if the dmt is in a solid crystal form then the amount of substance that alters its colour would be so minimal it would be unlikely to produce much if any difference in effects.. the experience is certainly variable from journey to journey so its very hard to pinpoint.. its the waxes and oils that often produce distinguishable differences in effects but that is likely due to the presence of other compounds which may be psychoactive in their own right

I could not have said it better, thank you for articulating that, in my manic style of freestyle writing I often forget good points, or miss them all together...

-eg

brilliantlydim
#13 Posted : 5/31/2016 6:38:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Decisions
brilliantlydim attached the following image(s):
three colors.jpg (6,422kb) downloaded 295 time(s).

jiva
#14 Posted : 5/31/2016 9:49:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not sure if this belongs here, but isn't the red/brown color and indication that you pulled something that should not be in your freebase and you should probably wash it?

had had brown crystals like this recently in my pull with heptane and i decided to redissolve everything and wash it again

Tryptallmine
#15 Posted : 5/31/2016 11:05:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ehud wrote:
Decisions

Oohh that brown jungle spice looks tasty......

brilliantlydim
#16 Posted : 5/31/2016 7:36:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
not sure if this belongs here, but isn't the red/brown color and indication that you pulled something that should not be in your freebase and you should probably wash it?

had had brown crystals like this recently in my pull with heptane and i decided to redissolve everything and wash it again

Oh I'm sure I could wash it as clean as the pure white stuff, but I'm not too worried about it. I have good feeling about that red stuff, its got some character.

Tryptallmine wrote:
ehud wrote:
Decisions

Oohh that brown jungle spice looks tasty......

Smells as good as it looks Big grin

eastlancsguy
#17 Posted : 5/31/2016 10:08:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:

I don't buy into the whole 'white is purer' train of thought, BUT DAMN... those sure look pretty :-) Great job dude.

DmnStr8
#18 Posted : 5/31/2016 10:49:40 PM

Come what may

White fluffy! Thumbs up
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Felnik
#19 Posted : 6/1/2016 3:15:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can I like them all ?
White fluffy is scary good
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

RadioActiveLamb
#20 Posted : 9/10/2016 3:10:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally white fluffy crystals have a beautiful mayan/candy land effect around here. These are really prized. Slow exit. Glowing and smooth.

The yellow (sometimes this comes with age) crystals are a bit heavier and SWIM has had some very intense, terrifying, 2nd level breakthroughs (which I wouldn't wish on anyone) with yellow. But far more often, very beautiful, deep, loving experiences, with intricate visuals and lots of visitations.

Red is another story entirely. This stuff can be pretty mean. Quite jarring and violent. This is avoided by SWIM and SWIMs vape buddy, unless there is a real, conscious desire for this experience which will knock you sideways (snd not in a good way).
OK, Mother Nature, here's a list of all the colours. Which one should we use for the skin of Chameleons?

"Yes."

123NEXT