We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
halluceogenic drink in Turin, Italy? Options

pau
#1 Posted : 1/25/2016 2:09:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 1/25/2016 12:10:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The article kept freezing my tablet...

But it sounds like an absinthe like liquor rather than an actual hallucinogen...

I wish I could have read the whole article...

Could you post these "obscure plant ingredients" mentioned by the article?

Perhaps an actual hallucinogenic herb is used as an ingrediant, but if this is not the case I would be skeptical and assume it's an absinthe like drink...

-eg

rOm
#3 Posted : 1/25/2016 12:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Only allusion to an african root and barks.. and ibiscus flowers or the like.
Hard to tell as they want to keep the ingredients secret.
I don't think it is hallucinogenic but rather psychoactive. Like some good absynth but it's true there are numbers of possibility with african plants.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

pitubo
#4 Posted : 1/25/2016 1:27:42 PM

dysfunctional word machine

85% alcohol. Clearly psychoactive, but I doubt the hallucinogenicity. BTW has the bbc been hiring vice copywriters lately?

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 1/25/2016 1:39:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

rOm wrote:
Only allusion to an african root and barks.. and ibiscus flowers or the like.
Hard to tell as they want to keep the ingredients secret.
I don't think it is hallucinogenic but rather psychoactive. Like some good absynth but it's true there are numbers of possibility with african plants.

I see.

Well, I suppose if they are not willing to expose the plant additives than there's really no way to say definitively what effects are possible...

Though I agree, and suspect it's a psychoactive liquor similar to absynthe.

(My experiences with absinthe leaves no doubt in my mind that the thujone or other compounds derived from plant additives most definitely provide an experience beyond ethanol intoxication, it's unique from ethanol alone, but my experiences lead me to feel that the designation of absynthe as "hallucinogenic" is a misinterpretation or over-exsgerstion of psychological effects unique from ethanol alone...but this is just my opinion and others may disagree. )

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/26/2016 12:50:32 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.

Help?

I wouldn't mind reading this but couldn't.

Edit: getting somewhere now, will see if anyone anywhere spills the beans about ingredients.
Quote:
“[redacted] is made with a mix of plant and root spirits and infusions,” revealed Elena Di Lorenzo, who created the cocktail and opened the pub 36 years ago

Yeah, I can make that too, albeit with my own recipe.

Also, I see that there is a link to Cinzano - vermouth = Wormwood -> absinthe???

Aaand... extending the tangent a wee bit more, here's an Aussie vermouth - with wattle seeds in!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 1/29/2016 2:28:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Aaand... extending the tangent a wee bit more, here's an Aussie vermouth - with wattle seeds in!

Maidenii is concocted using over
34 botanicals, 12 of them native.

Our heros are
Wattle Seed, Strawberry Gum, River Mint, Sea Parsley
& of course Wormwood.

(From the link)

Ok, i know in Australia every "wattle" is an acacia, no?

Which "wattle" are these seeds really from?

Do you think they used acacia maidenii seed?
(If it said this somewhere and I missed it I apologize)

...there are acacia species used in food and medicine, some are eaten by animals, some are toxic some are benign, some are psychoactive, I guess it depends on which wattle seed they use...

Crazy stuff, I fully abstain from alcohol, so I don't see myself tasting any of these ethanol decoctions any time soon..but it is very interesting stuff

-eg