We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First extraction - salting - salt type - plastic turkey baster Options

thebuzis
#1 Posted : 1/21/2016 6:10:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi! Im BuZ from the UK, Im really excited about being on this forum thank you for having me and taking the time to read this post and possibly answering some questions,

basically ive had a great mushroom season, Ive been picking libs everyday for 4months + now, best year ive ever had and to top it off i found some cyans finally after 10 years keeping a eye out. I am spawning the mycellium at the moment and introducing them to all the local woodchip flower beds.. This season has woke me up in a big way it has cured my depression and stopped my crack and coke addiction and am such a better person already and becoming mroe intelligent , creative, spiritual loving, and positive daily. i feel the next step is to try DMT. it seems hard to get hold of so SWIM wanted to do an extraction. a TEK that has caught my attention is cybs tek, then there's a video of a tek on daily motion called the "DMT workshop", with no salting involved where he makes freebase,

my questions on this are:

the only salts i can find locally have an anticaking ingredient in them "hex" something?
also none sais about the iodine which salt would you recommend from local shops super markets such as tesco, asda, sainsburys etc?

also on the dailymotion video the guy does without the salting how would that effect the extraction?

also on the dailymotion video he makes freebase would this be sufficient to smoke as freebase or would you need to crystallize?

also im not sure if i can get a glass turkey baster would it be ok to use plastic?

thank you for your time.. Very happy

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

pitubo
#2 Posted : 1/21/2016 6:37:42 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Welcome to the forum! Do make sure to read the available information that is already posted on the forum. The Attitude, the FAQ and many of the sticky threads on top of the subforums answer most of the typical newcomer's questions.

thebuzis wrote:
it seems hard to get hold of so SWIM wanted to do an extraction.

Always do your own extraction. No way of knowing what you get when you "get hold of" unknown powders.

thebuzis wrote:
the only salts i can find locally have an anticaking ingredient in them "hex" something?
also none sais about the iodine which salt would you recommend from local shops super markets such as tesco, asda, sainsburys etc?

The anticaking ingredients and especially the iodine are present in minute quantities and hardly affect the extraction much. Don't worry too much. Still, you should really look for "dishwasher salt", which is more pure and also cheaper than table salt.

thebuzis wrote:
also on the dailymotion video the guy does without the salting how would that effect the extraction?

The salt increases the ionic strength of the aqueous phase, thereby speeding up the migration of the freebased dmt into the nonpolar layer.

thebuzis wrote:
also on the dailymotion video he makes freebase would this be sufficient to smoke as freebase or would you need to crystallize?

Both freebase dmt and dmt salts can form crystals. For smoking, use freebase. Recrystallizing your initial extract is recommended, as it will give a more pure dmt. Search the forum for advice on recrystallization techniques.

thebuzis wrote:
also im not sure if i can get a glass turkey baster would it be ok to use plastic?

This is an obvious FAQ item. Plastic is advised against, avoid if possible.

thebuzis wrote:
thank you for your time.. Very happy

Please first use your own time to read the existing information already! If you are basing your efforts on "Cyb's TEK", peruse the relevant forum threads to the fullest before asking questions about it and then when asking questions, provide references to the specific parts that you are unsure about. If you are basing your efforts on "dailymotion" videos, then ask there. We don't support external site infos.

Tryptallmine
#3 Posted : 1/21/2016 9:30:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks like your major supermarket chain T's has some rock salt options although they are ~100g units in grinders. That would be plenty for a 100g extraction. I use around 80g.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 1/22/2016 1:42:09 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Kitchenware stores or departments for glass turkey (f*** turkey, goose is infinitely better) basters. Might take a bit of looking for so stainless steel will do at a push. Phase boundary visibility becomes an issue with the steel ones but there are workarounds. We're just coming up to the end of the period where basters are being sold off cheaply, so hurry up!

Saxa salt in the blue tubs works fine. Iodised salt is more of an issue when dealing with harmalas, and the hexacyanoferrate anti-caking agent is also not really a problem unless you mix loads of it with a very strong acid.

And welcome, dweller of the damp, overcrowded island!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli