We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Smoked Penis Envy Psylocibin Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 1/21/2016 5:27:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So today I randomly decided to put a piece of penis envy psylocibin mushroom in a glass one hitter, smoked it, took three large hits and held it in, and it worked. I tripped for about 30 minutes. It was only enough to fit in a one hitter, smooshed in, so the experience may have been as strong or maybe a little bit stronger than have been if I had eaten that same amount. All I know is that no matter what anyone says, smoking dried magic mushrooms works.
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Anamnesia
#2 Posted : 1/21/2016 5:48:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well then!
Laughing
Genesis is Now, the Mind is Incarnate.

rOm
#3 Posted : 1/21/2016 8:51:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the conscensus is it works to some extent but it's rather mild. Now I have what I thought experience too, took just maybe 3 to 5 liberty caps rolled as a spliff, long time ago while not having anything cannabinoïdeal ( neologism intented for pun purpose ), and it felt a bit tonic and playful mindset.
Could have been also maybe self suggestion form excitment of doing it too..

But I smoked fly agarics and was turned on them ( I didn't know how to use it but this settle atlest some very interesting effects ) by smoking them once, even if after I found drinking, eating was more convenient, more effective,, and cleaner ( unlike psilocibin mushrooms you got to smoke a lot of fly agaric to start feeling a bit affected and euphoric ).
I would tend to think psilo is also active, but noone reported much of deep tripping with smoking mushrooms in general and psilocybin ones in particular.
We need more poeple to join and sacrifice for psilosake !

Mescaline or LSD, on the other hand I never heard it even worked once, cause it's degrading with heat necessary to vaporisation / combustion ..

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 1/21/2016 1:40:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that Psilocybin is destroyed by heating it to somewhere in the range of 150 to 200 degrees F...

So I'm a bit skeptical...

But Erowid says it's possible:

Smoking mushrooms can work, but most mushrooms aren't terribly potent so you need to smoke a lot of mushrooms to get a strong effect (imagine smoking 2 grams of mushrooms ! yuck!). But many reliable sources report a mild effect at smoking a bowl or two and this is potentiated by other entheogens (LSD specifically). -erowid

https://www.erowid.org/p...s/mushrooms_smoked.shtml

There continues to be controversy around whether or not smoking psilocybin/psilocin containing mushrooms can produce a psychoactive effect. On the one side, are those who claim to have tried it and experienced effects. On the other are those who state that psilocybin and psilocin break down at low enough temperatures that a flame would destroy them, as well as those who have tried this method and experienced no effects.

There is some hypothesis that this issue results in part from Carlos Castaneda's descriptions, in The Teachings of Don Juan, of a smoking blend used by his teacher. Castaneda describes a blend of 5 plants, including sage and dried, powdered psilocybe mushrooms...the other 3 plants are not identified. In this (probably fictional) description Casteneda blurs the line between inhaling smoke and ingesting a fine powder from the pipe.

Casteneda writes:
"The manipulatory technique for the fourth specific purpose utilized a smoking mixture made of dried mushrooms [psilocybe mexicana] mixed with different parts of five other plants, none of which was known to have hallucinogenic properties. The rule placed the emphasis on the act of inhaling the smoke from the mixture; the teacher thus used the word humito (little smoke) to refer to the ally contained in it. But I have called this process "ingestion-inhalation" because it was a combination of ingesting first and then of inhaling. The mushrooms, because of their softness, dried into a very fine dust which was rather difficult to burn. The other ingredients turned into shreds upon drying. These shreds were incinerated in the pipe bowl while the mushroom powder, which did not burn so easily, was drawn into the mouth and ingested. Logically, the quantity of dried mushrooms ingested was larger than the quantity of shreds burned and inhaled." -- pages 175-176, The Teachings of Don Juan.
"The process of "smoking" consisted of ingesting the fine mushroom powder, which did not incinerate, and inhaling the smoke of the other five plants that made up the mixture. Don Juan explained the profound effects that the mushrooms had on one's perceptual capacities as the "ally removing one's body."." -- 'A Separate Reality', Page 5, last paragraph, 2nd sentence.

-erowid

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 1/21/2016 1:47:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I may have been wrong on the temperature deal, as the below excerpts explains:

Q: Do high temperatures, such as boiling water, truly degrade psilocybin/psilocin? If so, at what temperature does degradation occur?
A: Psilocybin and psilocin are sensitive to oxidation, with psilocin being particularly sensitive. This process is accelerated at higher temperatures. There is no specific temperature at which this breakdown occurs, however, the longer you expose the psiloc(yb)in to a raised temperature (in the presence of oxygen or an oxidizer), the more will be degraded.

To my knowledge, there has been no study or report of anyone quantifying the amount of degradation at various temperatures. Qualitative reports however seem to indicate that less than an hour of boiling or steeping seems to have little to no effect on the potency of psiloc(yb)in water solution.

aloha

psilo

https://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=2984

My bad, I was misinformed as to the temperature psilocybin degrades...

-eg

DisEmboDied
#6 Posted : 1/21/2016 2:17:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well all I know is that it works. If one speculates or is skeptical, then simply just try it. If one has enough, then one bowl it's not much of a sacrifice.

I am also aware of the placebo effect, and I always meta-analyze myself to make sure that I have not placeboed myself, but this was no placebo for sure plus it was instant. There was no doubt in my mind that it had worked, and if I had done more it would have been stronger.

Many speculate but why not try the experiment?
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/21/2016 3:51:40 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I would suggest that fairly incontestably, the psilocin is the more likely candidate for vaporization whereas psilocybin is rather too much on the ionic side. Controlled experiments would obviously be the way forward, particularly the sublimation of psilocin in an inert atmosphere, maybe at slightly reduced pressure.

Psilocybin could be subjected to similar conditions as a comparison, and I suppose the complete matrix of mushroom material as well. Are you sure you didn't simply inhale fine mushroom powder?

The efficacy of psilocin vaporisation has been noted elsewhere (shroomery) already several years ago IIRC.

As you say, worth a try if you have the material Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 1/21/2016 4:30:26 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I've smoked dried cubensis of various varieties/strains a good half dozen or moar times, I've smoalked fairly large doses (multiple grams), I've smoalked with cannabis and without. I've burned em hard like salvia and barely vaped em like hashish. Personally I've never experienced anything beyond the kind of "buzz" you get when you inhale any kind of burning plant material. Not to discount others experiences, but I have done the experiment, multiple times and under multiple conditions, and at least for me (and everyone that's tried it with me), smoking mushrooms is decidedly a waste of good fungus.

For the record, I've also tried smoalking dried lophophora and trichocereus on various occasions which also failed to yield anything beyond that "buzz" effect.

I do suspect if one was to make a crude extract and utilize a temperature controlled vaporizer, that it is possible to dial in the vaporization of psilocybin, however moar research is needed in that department.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

anne halonium
#9 Posted : 1/21/2016 7:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ ive smoked shrooms rather grandly many times.
im with dreamer on this one.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

DisEmboDied
#10 Posted : 1/21/2016 9:02:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it works for some and not for others

anne halonium
#11 Posted : 1/21/2016 9:09:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i react to all drugs as one would expect.........

id suggest smokeable psil, in shroom form, is an extension of that.
no expectations.

i go thru this every few yrs with the lab rats.
all the new ones suggest smoking some.
we smoke a few shroom doobs, and they get past it.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

a1pha
#12 Posted : 1/21/2016 9:35:38 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

DisEmboDied wrote:
Maybe it works for some and not for others

Fungus is fungus and psilocybin is psilocybin - Both fragile to heat. No matter how you look at it (or who you are) it is wasteful to smoke these substances. Vaporize or ingest. Better yet, as dreamer042 pointed out, with some purified product.

DisEmboDied, why not just smoke DMT if you're after for this kind of experience?
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 1/22/2016 1:32:07 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Possible vaporization of psilocin, as opposed to psilocybin, is still being glossed over here. Then again, it ain't exactly heat stable, inert atmosphere or not. But psilocin=/=psilocybin, either way.

Edit: I just re-read a1pha's post, "vaporize or ingest". Duh, sorry.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#14 Posted : 1/25/2016 2:27:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DisEmboDied wrote:
Well all I know is that it works. If one speculates or is skeptical, then simply just try it. If one has enough, then one bowl it's not much of a sacrifice.

I am also aware of the placebo effect, and I always meta-analyze myself to make sure that I have not placeboed myself, but this was no placebo for sure plus it was instant. There was no doubt in my mind that it had worked, and if I had done more it would have been stronger.

Many speculate but why not try the experiment?

I'm in no way trying to discount anybody's personal experiences, but for me the experiment has failed every time...

TIHKAL gives this dose range for psilocin:

DOSAGE : 10 - 20 mg, orally (as the indolol, the acetate or the phosphate)
-shulgin;pihkal

(Though I've ventured far over 35mgs safely)

I doubt that anything under 6mg would even be able to produce much of an effect...

Provided you were able to inhale 10mgs in a few a hits it MAY produce psychedelia...(provided you did not destroy the active compounds with heat involved with the smoking process)

Maybe some folks mange to get over 10mgs in their system by smoking and others dont...

I'm still skeptical

(but I'm not discounting any anecdotal evidence that may be to the contrary of the conclusions I have reached. )

-eg

Maybe there are some unidentified compounds which are effective when smoked still lurking in these fungi...Though this possibility is very very very unlikely...

N,N,N-trimethyl-4-phosphoryloxytryptamine aka Aeruginascin, found exclusively in Inocybe aeruginascens, was recently discovered...

( this compound is a 5ht3 receptor agonist, so it's not an example in a pharmocological sense, but does demonstrate that compound discovery regarding these fungi is still occurring )

I've heard people claim that 5-meo-dmt exists in some psilocybes and agarics, though I've never seen anything that would support these claims...

I'm interested, skeptikal but interested...

if there really is something going on here it could prove to be some fascinating research, but as far as practicality is concerned I would still say that psilocybin fungi are not effective if smoked...

-eg