We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Realization "life" is way bigger than we're told. Options

AOM0525
#1 Posted : 1/18/2016 7:10:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good evening everyone,
I'm happy to have arrived here at the Nexus. I only recently found out about psychedelics, specifically DMT, and the positive impact they can have.

About me. I'm a 36 year old, male. Currently living in NY but also spent some time in Cali. I grew up in typical suburbia during the Nancy Reagan 80's and I said "No to drugs!" through my teens and into my mid 20's.

It was ingrained in me that those who did drugs were "bad" and not doing drugs meant you were "good". I have 2 siblings who have experimented with many types of drugs throughout their lives, but I was never interested. In my mid 20's I dabbled with weed but only a few times. I never thought much about drugs, and I rarely drink.

In late 2014 I began searching for more meaning in my life. I quit my job in Nov 2014 because my feelings of unfulfillment were becoming to great to ignore. After a month of doing nothing, I began searching. What I was looking for I didn't know but I knew that there were answers about myself I needed. I've never done much meditating but I began to find myself doing it everyday. I found some books which helped my analyze my childhood and helped answer some more questions. In mid 2015 I took a "self help" course and it opened my eyes much further to the reality we live in. It gave me perspective on how to deal with everyday life.

During 2015 I happened upon the the documentary "DMT: The Spirit Molecule". I had watched it a few times and was throughly intrigued and did quite a bit of research on it, but figured, "it's a drug, there's no way I can get my hands on it." It was about August when my brother just happened to bring up DMT. I was shocked because I hadn't mentioned anything to him about what I had seen or my thoughts on the topic. But it turns out he was also doing research on it or knew about it for some time.

It was not too long after than my brother got his hands on some DMT. My life has been changed forever. The places I've been, the things of seen, and most importantly the experiences that remain with me are for later posts.

I throughly believe that we, human beings, are undergoing a paradigm shift in consciousness. I also believe that DMT finds you.

I look forward to gaining insight in the experiences of everyone here.
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

electro
#2 Posted : 1/18/2016 7:52:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
...The places I've been, the things of seen, and most importantly the experiences that remain with me are for later posts.

Welcome! Smile looking forward to hear your story.

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 1/18/2016 3:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend.

It finds you, no doubts there. I hope it continues to bring you positive experiences/changes into your life. I look forward to hearing about your journeys. Thumbs up

Thanks for the introduction.

Peace

AOM0525
#4 Posted : 1/18/2016 9:44:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Welcome! Smile looking forward to hear your story.

Thanks electro! I've made some basic drawings as well, I'll try to get those up here as well.

-AOM0525
“Psychedelics are illegal not because a loving government is concerned that you may jump out of a third story window. Psychedelics are illegal because they dissolve opinion structures and culturally laid down models of behaviour and information processing. They open you up to the possibility that everything you know is wrong.”
― Terence McKenna

AOM0525
#5 Posted : 1/18/2016 9:47:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I hope it continues to bring you positive experiences/changes into your life. I look forward to hearing about your journeys.

Thanks Spaced Out 2. I know it will continue to bring me positive experiences as well as positive changes to my life. I also hope that my experiences will bring insight for others as well.

-AOM0525
― Terence McKenna

sham
#6 Posted : 1/19/2016 7:24:17 AM

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. Jiddu Krishnamurti

AOM0525 wrote:

I throughly believe that we, human beings, are undergoing a paradigm shift in consciousness. I also believe that DMT finds you.

I look forward to gaining insight in the experiences of everyone here.

Welcome AOM, on good days I feel the same way re the paradigm shift. Personally spice is facilitating reconnection and strengthening my sense of self and encouraging emotional/spiritual growth and development. I also feel that the more we bring back and discuss experiences the more these ideas/theories will feed into the collective conscious.

Have fun diving into the Nexus.

Thumbs up

Peace.
[color=red]Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness. To whatever degree any one of us can bring back a small piece of the picture and contribute it to the building of the new paradigm, then we participate in the redemption of the human spirit.
[/color]
TMK

JDSalinger
#7 Posted : 1/19/2016 1:30:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool story AOM0525, welcome friend. Smile
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

enikgo99
#8 Posted : 1/20/2016 7:56:48 PM
The Fox

AOM0525 wrote:
I also believe that DMT finds you.

Hi, AOM0! I'm glad I found your intro essay! As I mentioned in mine, I also had several things align perfectly for me for DMT to show up, so that I was prepared and open to receive it. It sounds like if you had encountered it any sooner you would have rejected it completely, but that your period of seeking opened you up to the idea. It finds you, indeed! And always at the right time Smile

Incal
#9 Posted : 1/20/2016 10:44:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes AOM, your intro resonates with me as well! Welcome. Illness gave me the chance to give up on my career and focus inwards and then indeed DMT found me at the exact right time as well. Nothing better for me than reading paradigm shifting trip reports so feel free to share! And, if you don't mind....what were the books that made you question your life so totally? Always looking for new reading material.

#10 Posted : 1/21/2016 12:36:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Welcome AOM Smile

A very nice introduction.

The DMT experience can be incomprehensibly powerful, moving and life-changing.

Definitely looking forward to hearing of your experiences. Thumbs up

ultraviolence
#11 Posted : 1/21/2016 2:11:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome!
Have you tried any other psychedelics yet? I would also recommend that you look into changa, its the bees kneesSmile

smoothmonkey
#12 Posted : 1/21/2016 3:58:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend,

There is definately a shift in consciousness going on! Thankyou for sharing; I am always happy to hear about the universe working in ways like this.

Happy and safe trAVELS Cool
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

PsyDuckmonkey
#13 Posted : 1/22/2016 7:10:26 PM

witch

Hey, welcome! Smile

Awesome story.. I was also one of those "good kids" who never smoked or did drugs. I'm not really sad about it, I'm actually glad I first did drugs when I was mature enough to properly handle them.

And yes, DMT does indeed find you.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

didnof
#14 Posted : 2/9/2016 11:52:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi aom0525, hello and welcome – i noticed your point about consciousness shift and I firmly believe we are entering an age of shifting consciousness also. I’m sure you are aware of this but i will say anyway in case you aren’t, but the mayans gave a precise date of beginning of this consciousness shift, that being dec 21st 2012, this date marked the beginning of the 14th baktun and a new learning stage in human consciousness evolution.

The mayans called this the next world age of enlightenment and accelerated learning. It could be coincidental of course but the cusp of this period, ie the last 50 years has seen advancements in human history and development that have been unprecedented in our history, and the discovery of graphene is predicted to accelerate things even further. If we take a step back and viewing our progression holistically it is clear to see we’re just starting at the bottom of an exponential curve of development.

Interestingly there is a growing interest in spirituality while religion interest is dwindling, clearly religion dwarfs the interest in spirituality but it is the start of an upward trend perhaps.

BringsUsTogether
#15 Posted : 2/9/2016 9:45:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Your title intrigued me because I felt that I learned the exact opposite.

I now think that life is just a infinitesimally small blip in the big picture. What exactly do you mean by "life?"

Doc Buxin
#16 Posted : 2/9/2016 9:55:12 PM

Pay No Mind

Welcome to the nexus AOM05025!

Best of luck to you on your newly-found path.

Peace.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

hug46
#17 Posted : 2/9/2016 11:11:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AOM0525 welcome. I think that it is cool that you have started doing DMT at your age. Middle age is a great time to be exploring these kinds of waters.

I don"t want to urinate on anyone"s firework with respect to the observation that we as a species are heading for a paradigm shift in consciousness but i do not agree. I think that once someone starts experimenting with a drug like DMT they develop an interest in it and also the cultural, spiritual and scientific ideas that are associated with it. This leads to a little self contained bubble of like minded individuals convincing ourselves and each other that the world is going to be a more enlightened place. And so the individual projects their own personal shift in consciousness onto the rest of humanity.

We can always live in hope but i am afraid that there is, was and always will be the same buffoon to non buffoon ratio for the human race.

Doc Buxin
#18 Posted : 2/10/2016 12:50:22 AM

Pay No Mind

hug46 wrote:
...I don"t want to urinate on anyone"s firework with respect to the observation that we as a species are heading for a paradigm shift in consciousness but i do not agree. I think that once someone starts experimenting with a drug like DMT they develop an interest in it and also the cultural, spiritual and scientific ideas that are associated with it. This leads to a little self contained bubble of like minded individuals convincing ourselves and each other that the world is going to be a more enlightened place. And so the individual projects their own personal shift in consciousness onto the rest of humanity.

We can always live in hope but i am afraid that there is, was and always will be the same buffoon to non buffoon ratio for the human race....

I was going to bring that very same subject up, but as hug stated so eloquently, I didn't want to urinate on anyone's firework.

As someone who has been working seriously with psychedelics for 30+ years, I understand the exciting sentiment of a "consciousness shift" in the human race, however over the decades I have observed that there really isn't much of one as I had hoped & rallied for in my early 20's when I began this weird, surreal, stranger-than-fiction journey.
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

didnof
#19 Posted : 2/11/2016 11:49:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its true that people seek like minded individuals to share their thoughts which can give a misguided perception of the actual situation.

however, Buckminster Fuller illustrated that knowledge acquisition is currently at the bottom of an exponential curve with progress made per year in modern times accounting for centuries in times gone by, a summary is below:

"if we took all the knowledge that mankind had accumulated and transmitted by the year One CE as equal to one unit of information, it probably took about 1500 years or until the sixteenth century for that amount of knowledge to double. The next doubling of knowledge from two to four 'knowledge units' took only 250 years, till about 1750 CE. By 1900, one hundred and fifty years later, knowledge had doubled again to 8 units. The speed at which information doubled was getting faster and faster. The doubling speed is now between one and two years."

hug46
#20 Posted : 2/11/2016 3:25:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess the term "paradigm shift in consciousness" is quite woolly. So we could end up with
crossed lines in a discussion like this. If the shift in consciousness is associated
with the aquisition of information via knowledge then you have a point. But is Buckminster Fuller referring to scientific knowledge or just the knowledge that you know what you ate for dinner last night?

If it is the former i would say that there is a large amount of the human race that would be ignorant to these breakthroughs due to lack of education, geographical placement or the simple fact that they arnt really interested because they are too busy trying to put food on the table for themselves. Also if this paradigm shift is occurring due to increased intelligence why is Donald Trump so popular?

If it is the latter then i could get into that concept. I like the idea that as we advance in age so does our consciousness as we create and process new information each day, no matter how mundane this information happens to be. A fly in the ointment could be that as we age we lose our memories. But the exponential gains in scientific knowledge could give us access to new drugs for us to take in order to not go senile. Thereby creating some kind of venn diagram with scientific knowledge gained by the poulation combined with personal knowledge gained by the individual combining to enhance shifts in consciousness. But this would only work for the priveliged part of humanity that had access to these medicines.

Then it could be argued that someone that has no real interest in how things work, and is happy being ignorant, is at the highest point on the expanded consciousness foodchain. You have to be quite envious of someone that has more interest in how many sugars they have in their tea than understanding how a black hole might work. This is the epitome of living in the moment. A lot of people would pay good money to learn to be like that.

12NEXT