We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
my pet hates about the nexus Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is basically big rant, so, if you're a sensitive little flower then please save everyone the events and don't read it.

1) people who beleive that DMT = SPICE (from the movie 'Dune'Pleased
Man, much as I love that movie, Its actually nothing to do with psychedelics.
Not once does paul slur his words, stumble, wave his hands around infront of
his face to examine the trails, walk about mindlessly and forget what he was doing
or anything of the sort. period.

Its merely (yet another) movie representation of the some time-traveling space-folding
power gaining mind trip, and we all know that movies do not really match the experience.
Now, For those of you who call it SPICE -> The drug is MELANGE, not any tryptamine.
NO, you are not the messiah, and no matter how much DMT you smoke you
will not turn into the kwisatz haderach. Get that idea out of your head right now.
everyone knows thats what you're thinking.

2) DMT is NOT good for depression, and here's why:
Would somone please explain to me, how a temperory seratonin boost is supposed
to make real changes when you got tricked by a slut, and she kept the baby ruining
your life in the process or for example, you come from a shitty background and drugs
have always been a part of your life. Perhaps you don't have an education and so
you work a shit job for very little money... just HOW is smoking a fuckload of psychedelic
CRACK and seeing the world dissolve into 'BZoigsrurehgmsmn' for 5 - 10 minuites
supposed to sort that shit out!? Exactly, it DOESNT!
If you personally feel that that is what you need to 'cure' your depression
then by all means go ahead. Just a minuite while I put some fresh
leeches on myself, these ones are full and all this bad blood is really making me feel
quite faint.
Let me tentatively suggest, that in MOST cases, the *cause* of depression is leaning
too heavilly towards getting fucked off your pretty little face and not going out there,
and telling people what you want them to do to make your life better, doing it yourself,
and all the while, knowing that things are either getting better, or they are actually fine.

Proliferating the idea that smoking DMT might cure depression is dangerous because it
merely gives hope to ruined individuals who can't face reality that continuing down
the path which they are allready going will somehow result in them getting the things
that make them happy. shit stinks, deal with it. real issues, real people, *real*ality.
Sooner or later, you *will* need that to be happy.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:19:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
...make real changes when you got tricked by a slut, and she kept the baby ruining
your life in the process or for example, you come from a shitty background and drugs
have always been a part of your life. Perhaps you don't have an education and so
you work a shit job for very little money...

Is some of this^^ the real issue here?

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:37:24 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Laughing hahahaha, that's awesome Laughing

First, just wanted to say, before it was a movie Dune was a book. This book is considered by many to be the greatest work of science fiction ever. Personally, i think it's pretty good, definitely interesting and a worthwhile read.

I'm glad you felt the need to share this, I have to say I found this quite comical. While i disagree with your points, i respect your right to share your opinions. I hope getting this off your chest had a therapeutic effect for you, cuz it definitely did for me.

Also can we expand the lexicon to include the definition of psychedelic crack to be any endogenous neurotransmitter that when smoked induces rapid onset of a psychedelic experience lasting for a short duration? haha, Laughing
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

wake and bacon
#4 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:38:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Are these really complaints against the Nexus? Or rather a select few individuals you've observed?

Spice is simply slang. I've never heard someone on this site say that spice from Dune = DMT.

In any event, glad you were able to get that off your chest brother, all posts are fictional anyway, right? Wink
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

jamie
#5 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:40:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I find DMT and psilocybin good for depression...it's called metaprogramming..lots of phychologists talk about it.
Long live the unwoke.

memo
#6 Posted : 10/1/2009 6:49:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I kept looking for something about your "pet" :0. Duh,... I'm sure that some people will take offense at the "psychedelic crack" comment but you know there is something very similar with that freebase taste. I think that some people may be able to get a philosophical epiphany and see their immediate depressing situation as trivial in the larger scheme of things but I would be very wary about attempting to use it for a chemical imbalance. Luckily for me I have never really had to deal with severe depression so I'm probably not the best one to comment on it. I do hope that your rant was cathartic and made you feel better.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

Saidin
#7 Posted : 10/1/2009 7:09:09 PM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

So much anger...

Anger leads to hate which leads to suffering...

Sup Darth! Laughing

Why do you care what other people think anyway? The world is a mirror that reflects itself back at you. Look within for the answers to your "pet hates".
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Seven
#8 Posted : 10/1/2009 7:28:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah swim has never heard of spice relating to dune. Swim doesnt think spice is a great anti-depressant, but it showed him God in way (not by smoking it btw). Most entheogens bring up a lot of shit that we as people need to deal with or fix, or learn from, thats an A+++ in my book.
Why direct your rant towards the "nexus?" Most people here are respectable, helpful adults, choosing to alter our consciousness! not to get BZoigsrurehgmsmn' for 5 - 10 minutes.
The universe is an infinite harmony of vibrating beings in an elaborate range of expansion-contraction ratios, frequency modulations, and so forth.

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 10/1/2009 7:41:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's good against depression, because it shows you what is most important in life - love.

dread
#10 Posted : 10/1/2009 7:48:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
his face to examine the trails, walk about mindlessly and forget what he was doing

When I smoke DMT, not once do I slur my words, stumble, wave my hands around in front of my face to examine trails, walk around mindlessly and forget what I'm doing.

However, I do enjoy the occasional BZoigsrurehgmsmn.

SnozzleBerry
#11 Posted : 10/1/2009 7:50:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Yea, finding yourself open to such empathy and love is quite therapeutic. To be tapped into an endless consciousness of Love is one of the reasons I use spice when I find myself at difficult crossroads or faced with seemingly large problems in societal life...it shows what truly matters and gives me unmatched perspective...Kind of like the Total Perspective Vortex in the Hitchhiker's Guide, only with a "positive" spin.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

acolon_5
#12 Posted : 10/1/2009 8:06:01 PM

The Great Namah

shoe wrote:
This is basically big rant, so, if you're a sensitive little flower then please save everyone the events and don't read it.

"Spice" comes from an old slang word for DMT, "Elf Spice", meaning something that elves use to season their food. It doesn't come from the movie (or book) Dune.

Quote:
Now, For those of you who call it SPICE -> The drug is MELANGE, not any tryptamine. NO, you are not the messiah, and no matter how much DMT you smoke you will not turn into the kwisatz haderach. Get that idea out of your head right now. everyone knows thats what you're thinking.

??? I'm pretty sure we have no idea what you are thinking.

Quote:
2) DMT is NOT good for depression, and here's why:
Would somone please explain to me, how a temperory seratonin boost is supposed
to make real changes when you got tricked by a slut, and she kept the baby ruining your life in the process or for example, you come from a shitty background and drugshave always been a part of your life. Perhaps you don't have an education and so you work a shit job for very little money... just HOW is smoking a fuckload of psychedelic CRACK and seeing the world dissolve into 'BZoigsrurehgmsmn' for 5 - 10 minuites supposed to sort that shit out!? Exactly, it DOESNT!

I'm sorry to say this but you are a very confused individual. DMT is not psychedelic crack, and for you to call it such shows how little you know about DMT. You seem to have some issues with women as well. You also make A TON of assumptions that may fit you, but don't seem to fit the majority of people who use DMT for healing or exploration of the mind.

DMT IS good for depression, as has been proven by MANY people and quite a few scientific studies, which I have posted here before and will post again if need be. No one is saying it CURES depression, only that it HELPS with depression. In fact, almost every post I have seen about DMT and depression CLEARELY states that DMT does not CURE anything.

Quote:
If you personally feel that that is what you need to 'cure' your depression then by all means go ahead. Just a minuite while I put some fresh leeches on myself, these ones are full and all this bad blood is really making me feel quite faint. Let me tentatively suggest, that in MOST cases, the *cause* of depression is leaning too heavilly towards getting ------ off your pretty little face and not going out there,and telling people what you want them to do to make your life better, doing it yourself, and all the while, knowing that things are either getting better, or they are actually fine.

Strange rant, but ok......enjoy your leaching, it has nothing to do with DMT, Ayahuasca or any other psycadelic. The results people get from DMT is far from a placebo effect. Have you even used Aya or DMT? People find psycadelics for many reasons, and healing is one of them. Since they are COMING to psycadelics they symptoms cannot be CAUSED by DMT. And truly, if you feel that DMT is causing you depression, go get some help for it. There are a lot of good, non drug, ways to help with that illness.

Quote:
Proliferating the idea that smoking DMT might cure depression is dangerous because it merely gives hope to ruined individuals who can't face reality that continuing down the path which they are allready going will somehow result in them getting the things that make them happy. shit stinks, deal with it. real issues, real people, *real*ality.
Sooner or later, you *will* need that to be happy.

It's not dangerous, it is true, and it has been proven, both by individuals as well as scientific researchers. Especially concerning Aya, it has been shown to increased the seratonin receptors in the brain, something that SSRI's try and mimic but fail horribly. Also hope is something that all of us need. False hope is no good, but we're not talking about false hope now are we?

DMT is NOT a panacea. It will not remove warts, it won't put hair on your head, and it won't fix all the problems in your life. NO ONE BUT YOU HAVE CLAIMED THIS. However, when DMT is used responsibly it can be a WONDERFUL tool in helping to treat depression and other mental illnesses.
Also, if people believe some of these things, why are you so adamant that they are wrong? Attacking personal beliefs won't be meet kindly...go into a Pentecostal Church and tell everyone that God doesn't exist and see what kind of reception you get there.

Very strange post. I’m not really sure what kind of response you were expecting to get. Please take a few and think about what you are trying to say before you write it down, a lot of your post didn’t follow much logic.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion, as long as it is expressed in a respectful way....and your post was NOT expressed very respectfully.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Observant
#13 Posted : 10/1/2009 8:36:15 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

http://books.google.com/...epage&q=&f=false

This is Mycelium running by Paul Stamets : Read the Chapter : "Musings on using Spores : The fairy dust of Mushrooms" (p.122) for some more Information on the Issue of Dune and Frank Herberts Inspiration for Spice
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

۩
#14 Posted : 10/1/2009 8:38:49 PM

I think there's a lot of power that can be acquired from hyperspace.
I think all voyagers need to beware of their intent.

soulfood
#15 Posted : 10/2/2009 2:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

shoe wrote:

Seems that some folk didn't read the disclaimer.Rolling eyes

dread
#16 Posted : 10/2/2009 2:22:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Disclaimer? I think it's more like a "clever" attempt to pre-emptively dismiss the arguments of anyone disagreeing with his post as being too "sensitive" or whatever.

smokeydaze
#17 Posted : 10/2/2009 2:39:44 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

soulfood wrote:
Seems that some folk didn't read the disclaimer.Rolling eyes

I think if someone want's to speak out so abruptly he should assume a vigor of responses, disclaimer or not.

In response to OP, I would have to disagree with your stance on DMT having little healing abilities.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

soulfood
#18 Posted : 10/2/2009 2:44:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yeah well...

hmm, it seems that's all I have to say Smile

Although, other than I do agree that DMT should not be used as a form of self medication for depression, I'm not taking this all too seriously.

Fatcat
#19 Posted : 10/2/2009 3:30:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The way I see it, DMT doesn't help with my depression, but helps me organize my life so I am less likely to be unsatisfied by it. When I am on hallucinogens, I always nit pick at the negative parts of my life, the only times I can have a truly amazing trip, is when I am content and happy with my life. I love having those trips, so to do that I must keep my life in order, and have no regrets (regret is the lack of learning from your mistake). So while I don't think cures my depression (actually it makes it worse sometimes), it shows me why I am unsatisfied with my life and where I need to improve.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

jamie
#20 Posted : 10/2/2009 3:40:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I dont get into that cycle of picking away at my life and critisizing it often at all anymore..though at first all my trips were like that..I think I had so many of those trips that my brain just knows all the time now...most of my trips lately help me focis and illuminate the beautiful things in life that I am taking for granted...and I feel so fulfilled and beautiful to just have a life..any life.

I still get down and pissed off but I can always remember as well, and mushrooms and DMT always bring me back to that spot...I dont need them all the time, just a mushrooms trip every month or so at least to keep myself new...I dont care if people think thats needy, like I need some drug once a month to get by..we all need drugs 3 times a day to get by anyway..it's called food.
Long live the unwoke.

123NEXT»