We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
entheogenic cannabis Options

entheogenic-gnosis
#1 Posted : 1/2/2016 9:37:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis has been used in an entheogenic context - a chemical substance used in a religious, shamanic, or spiritual context[1] - in India and Nepal since the Vedic period dating back to approximately 1500 BCE, but perhaps as far back as 2000 BCE. There are several references in Greek mythology to a powerful drug that eliminated anguish and sorrow. Herodotus wrote about early ceremonial practices by the Scythians, thought to have occurred from the 5th to 2nd century BCE. Itinerant Hindu saints have used it in Nepal and India for centuries.[2]
-wikipedia

In the sections below I outline rastas and sadhus, two very similar but very different entheogenic cannabis using cultures, then below that I ramble on about spirituality and cannabis for a while....

-eg

In modern culture the spiritual use of cannabis has been spread by the disciples of the Rastafari movement who use cannabis as a sacrament and as an aid to meditation

Reasoning
A "reasoning" is a simple event where the Rastas gather, smoke cannabis ("ganja"Pleased, and discuss. The person honored by being allowed to light the herb says a short sentence beforehand, and the ganja is passed in a clockwise fashion (passing 'pon the lef' han' side) except in times of war when it is passed counterclockwise. It is used to reason with Jah.

For Rastas, smoking cannabis, commonly referred to as herb, weed, kaya, sensimilla (Spanish for "without seeds"Pleased, or ganja (from the Sanskrit word ganjika, used in ancient Nepal and India), is a spiritual act, often accompanied by Bible study; they consider it a sacrament that cleans the body and mind, heals the soul, exalts the consciousness, facilitates peacefulness, brings pleasure, and brings them closer to Jah. They often burn the herb when in need of insight from Jah.

Sacramental use of Cannabis in celebration of the Rastafari faith became legal in Jamaica on April 15, 2015.

By the 8th century, cannabis had been introduced by Arab traders to Central and Southern Africa, where it is known as "dagga"[32] and many Rastas say it is a part of their African culture that they are reclaiming.[33] It is sometimes also referred to as "the healing of the nation", a phrase adapted from Revelation 22:2.[34]

Alternatively, the migration of many thousands of Hindus and Muslims from British India to the Caribbean in the 20th century may have brought this culture to Jamaica. Many academics point to Indo-Caribbean origins for the ganja sacrament resulting from the importation of Indian migrant workers in a post-abolition Jamaican landscape. "Large scale use of ganja in Jamaica... dated from the importation of indentured Indians..."(Campbell 110). Dreadlocked mystics Jata, often ascetic known as sadhus or Sufi Qalandars and Derwishes, have smoked cannabis from both chillums and coconut shell hookahs in South Asia since the ancient times. Also, the reference of "chalice" may be a transliteration of "jam-e-qalandar" (a term used by Sufi ascetics meaning 'bowl or cup of qalandar'Pleased. In South Asia, in addition to smoking, cannabis is often consumed as a drink known as bhang and most qalandars carry a large wooden pestle for that reason.[35]

According to many Rastas, the illegality of cannabis in many nations is evidence of persecution of Rastafari. They are not surprised that it is illegal, seeing it as a powerful substance that opens people's minds to the truth – something the Babylon system, they reason, clearly does not want.[36] They contrast it to alcohol and other drugs, which they feel destroy the mind.[37]

They hold that the smoking of cannabis enjoys Biblical sanction, and is an aid to meditation and religious observance. Among Biblical verses,[38] Rastas quote the following as justifying the use of cannabis:

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."
Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and vegetation for the service of man."
Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."[39]
Revelation 22:2 " the river of life proceeded to flow from the throne of God, and on either side of the bank there was the tree of life, and the leaf from that tree is for the healing of the nations."
According to some Rastafari,[40] the etymology of the word "cannabis" and similar terms in all the languages of the Near East may be traced to the Hebrew "qaneh bosm" קנה-בשם as one of the herbs that God commanded Moses to include in his preparation of sacred anointing perfume in Exodus 30:23; the Hebrew term also appears in Isaiah 43:24; Jeremiah 6:20; Ezekiel 27:19; and Song of Songs 4:14. Deutero-canonical and canonical references to the patriarchs Adam, Noah, Abraham, and Moses "burning incense before the Lord" are also applied, and many Rastas today refer to cannabis by the term "ishence"—a slightly changed form of the English word incense. Some Rastas claim that cannabis was the first plant to grow on King Solomon's grave.

The Rastafari way of life encompasses the spiritual use of cannabis and the rejection of the degenerate society of materialism, oppression, and sensual pleasures, called Babylon

wearing of dreadlocks is very closely associated with the movement, though not universal among, nor exclusive to, its adherents. Rastafari maintain that locks are required by Leviticus 21:5 ("They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in the flesh."Pleased and the Nazirite law in Numbers 6:5 ("All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow."Pleased. The Dreadlocks represents A lion's mane and Yeshua (Jesus) in his Kingly Character.

-wikipedia

Sadhus are sannyasins (renunciates) who have left behind all material attachments

The Sanskrit terms sādhu ("good man"Pleased and sādhvī ("good woman"Pleased refer to renouncers who have chosen to live a life apart from or on the edges of society to focus on their own spiritual practice

Sadhus are sannyasins (renunciates) who have left behind all material attachments.

sadhus wear their hair in thick dreadlocks called jata. Aghori sadhus may claim to keep company with ghosts and live in cemeteries as part of their holy path. Indian culture tends to emphasise an infinite number of paths to God, such that sadhus, and the varieties of tradition they continue, have their place.

A popular characteristic of Sadhu ritualism is their utilisation of cannabis (known as charas) as a form of sacrament in line with their worship of Shiva who was believed to have an adoration or affinity for the leaves of the plant.[6] The plant is widely used during the celebration of Maha Shivaratri

-wikipedia

the Nazirite law in Numbers 6:5 ("All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the Lord, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow." ) .
-wikipedia

Even the pre-Buddhist bon-po shamans of Tibet were entheogenic cannabis users, and their influence shows in Tibetan Buddhism which replaced bon (bon-po) as the official Tibetan people's religion.

I suspect the bon-po shamans had some form of DMT or MAOI/DMT preparation as well, the Tibetan book of the dead reads like a "DMT spirituality handbook", and most credit the pre-Buddhist influence for this...(Though DMT is endogenous, these are the same monks that practice "tumo" meditation, where they are in freezing cabins high in the mountains, the wrap themselves in wet sheets, and with in minutes steam rises off the sheets and they dry, they sleep in freezing g cabins with nothing but these sheets and they do fine, if they can control an involuntary like body temperature, maybe they can also control endogenous DMT release through meditation

-eg

My spirituality is entheogenic.

I believe that cannabis is the entheogen that nature and the divine designated for human's daily use, to keep human-kind in a happy, holy, peaceful, and healthy state of mind, the ingestion of cannabis induces a peaceful, meditative, happy, and holy state of mind, it keeps human kind healthy, it keeps humankinds interaction with the divine through sacred plants daily. The other entheogens are not to be used this way, and should you try due to rapid tolerance they won't work, this is the divine (nature) instructing humans that these sacred plants are not meant to be used daily, they are meant to be used on special occasion, however cannabis is the exception.

I deeply appreciate the sadhu (Hindu) and rasta use of cannabis, and use cannabis for the same reasons, however I feel that cannabis is only half of the spiritual entheogenic story, you must use cannabis daily, but you must also use the classic entheogens occasionally, as a means to maintain a balanced spiritual practice and an active cconnection to the devine.

My spiritual practice is mostly shamanic, an incorporation of entheogenic shamanic traditions and practices from every corner of the globe and from all parts of history, even the most obscure shamanic cultures and traditions have been heavily researched and if possible we have a living practitioner/expert in which ever school of shamanism it may be to come instruct us. Entheogenic shamanism centered around cannabis, mescaline cacti, psilocybe fungi, ayahuasca, other plant DMT preperations (virola resin, yopo, etc...), pure DMT, as well as other plant entheogens of other classes (salvia, ibogaine, amanita muscaria, etc...)
Though we have also incorporated other non-entheogenic shamanic practices (drumming, smudging with sage, etc...) As well.
Then we have incorporated meditation, Buddhist and Taoist practices, as well as practices from hindu and Rastafarian traditions, it's basically a mix of every entheogenic or meditative spiritual practice, our principles are peace, love, compassion, and living by the laws of mother nature and the divine, we practice healthy living, good exercise, healthy diet ( most are also vegetarian or vegan), we reject materialism and western and mainstream ways of living, which are centered on greed, selfishness, ego, violence, and negativity, most of us don't shave our faces or cut or comb our hair, though some of our more Buddhist members believe hair represents attachments and will shave their heads...

Though other times when I've attempted to explain the spirituality practiced by myself and a small group of close friends and family it was met with misunderstanding so I won't go into that any further here.

-eg

The entheogenic use of cannabis is a major piece of my spiritual practice, and apparently it's been a key entheogen in many others spiritual practices through out history from the start of history to the present day.

I really dislike the present attitude towards cannabis use, I feel I should be able to roll a spliff and smoke it in the middle of a conversation or walking down the street and it should be seen as no big deal, you don't get overly obsessive and treat the marijuana like a street drug imposing street drug ritual on its use, everything they do regarding their attitudes towards and use of marijuana in the movie "half-baked" is a perfect example of not treating weed like a normal every day thing...matijuana should be smoked when ever possible through the day, but it should be treated like a normal practice and not "made a big deal of" as recreational users so often do...

I'm getting too far off topic again though, I'll keep posting entheogenic marijuana information here.

(All the little emotion faces are not supposed to be there! In the text this " ) " was too close to another symbol making the computer think your trying to add emotional faces to your text)

-eg

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 1/9/2016 4:33:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqFiucWKo-8

Strain hunters - india expedition

Jees
#3 Posted : 1/9/2016 5:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't appreciate it like I use to a long time ago, but very glad to have met it after all.

Jees
#4 Posted : 1/9/2016 5:19:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oops double post Embarrased

null24
#5 Posted : 1/9/2016 5:52:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks eg.

The use of cannabis has been and is the mainstay of my practice. While I don't identify with Rastafari or Sadhu mysticism, and don't apply their theology, historically they are good identifiers.

Cannabis for me is a multi leveled thing. Of course, some effects are strain dependant (and the current climate where I live, in a rec/med canna legal US state, allows for excellent above ground research into the effects of the many constituent terpenes, and the various dispensaries, knowledgeable "budtenders" and things like Leafly greatly assist in tailoring strains for desired effects) but some are across the board. Sometimes I use it to relax or to mitigate anxiety or depression, sometimes I use it to create, sometimes to recreate and socialize and others to meditate and get deeply in touch with my spirituality.

I use it daily, as for other entheogens, I may take psilo a few times a year and I smoalk DMT sporadically whenever I still have some from an extraction I haven't given away. Cannabis is ol reliable.

Cannabis is a tool for self discovery and work as well. It has never made me to run from a problem; quite the opposite, I will perseverate on personal issues to recognize and identify solutions. Canna us makes it harder for me to live with bad decisions and therefore helps me not make them.

As I always say once one or more of those effects occurs and whatever I'm dealing with is resolved in a puff of white smoke- " thank god for marijuana!"

As for the "climate", move to Oregon! Since it's been legal, it suddenly is no big thing. Smoking a spliff in public is still ticket able but you'd have to be a pretty egregious offender.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Koornut
#6 Posted : 1/9/2016 8:55:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Canna us makes it harder for me to live with bad decisions and therefore helps me not make them.

There is so much truth to this. Love
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

InLaKesh
#7 Posted : 1/9/2016 9:14:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sphorange wrote:
null24 wrote:
Canna us makes it harder for me to live with bad decisions and therefore helps me not make them.

My experience is the same.
Once (nearly 20 years ago, for a long time one of my main goals is to be a honest person) i was lying very badly , went home , smoked some cannabis and could find no peace before telling the truth.
Had this with other bad decisions also.
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

entheogenic-gnosis
#8 Posted : 1/15/2016 12:19:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Thanks eg.

The use of cannabis has been and is the mainstay of my practice. While I don't identify with Rastafari or Sadhu mysticism, and don't apply their theology, historically they are good identifiers.

Cannabis for me is a multi leveled thing. Of course, some effects are strain dependant (and the current climate where I live, in a rec/med canna legal US state, allows for excellent above ground research into the effects of the many constituent terpenes, and the various dispensaries, knowledgeable "budtenders" and things like Leafly greatly assist in tailoring strains for desired effects) but some are across the board. Sometimes I use it to relax or to mitigate anxiety or depression, sometimes I use it to create, sometimes to recreate and socialize and others to meditate and get deeply in touch with my spirituality.

I use it daily, as for other entheogens, I may take psilo a few times a year and I smoalk DMT sporadically whenever I still have some from an extraction I haven't given away. Cannabis is ol reliable.

Cannabis is a tool for self discovery and work as well. It has never made me to run from a problem; quite the opposite, I will perseverate on personal issues to recognize and identify solutions. Canna us makes it harder for me to live with bad decisions and therefore helps me not make them.

As I always say once one or more of those effects occurs and whatever I'm dealing with is resolved in a puff of white smoke- " thank god for marijuana!"

As for the "climate", move to Oregon! Since it's been legal, it suddenly is no big thing. Smoking a spliff in public is still ticket able but you'd have to be a pretty egregious offender.

I live in Denver, and the legality is great, I think people are slowly comming to at least tolerate it...

I strongly identify with the saddhu and rasta cultures in terms of their cannabis use, meaning as far as why they burn the herb and the attitude they have towards it, I prefer their attitudes towards cannabis to modern cultures.

you don't have to be spiritually involved to be able to see that the marijuana puts people in a calm, happy, and healthy state of mind.

...Though I feel when your in this mindstate it is holy, it is a spiritual meditation...here's an example: there's been times when I was involved in conflict where I was angry and about to make unwise decisions based on this anger, rather than act on my anger, I burn the herb and meditate on what the spiritually correct action is...and I always am provided with perfect solutions...

I also use cannabis to meditate, and not necessarily in the buddhist or spiritual sense, but meditate in the sense of it induces deep, creative, and novel thought patterns...artistic inspiration is holy in my eyes as well though...

All humans seem to have this natural discomfort with existance, we all seem to have this "itch that we can not scratch" and the reason for this is obvious to entheogenic people...

...it's because we are symbiotes with plants, plants take the carbon dioxide we exhale and give us oxygen to breathe, plants provide for us our food and nutrition, plants provide for us the materials to build clothing, tools and shelter, plants also provide our medicine...

Now, back to this "itch we can't scratch"...let's take a symbiote, let's say the maned wolf and the loberia tree, the wolf suffers stomach parasites which alkaloids in the plant eliminate, and in turn loberia tree seeds must run through an animals digestive system for optimum germination...now when we separate these two species they don't die, the continue to exist, but in extreme discomfort...

...you can all see where I'm going with this right?

So it's more than just a spiritual sacrament to me, it's a means of making this existance a better place for others as well as myself...

Cannabis promotes a healthy, holy, happy, calm, meditative, peaceful, and spiritual.state of mind, it promotes all the same values as spirituality.

Cannabis was designated by Gaia (nature) and jah (God, whatever God means to you) for humans daily use.

All the reasons you listed as being things cannabis helps you with are spiritual things, it's a slice of the holy and divine on a daily level...

I use the mushroom, mescaline cacti, ayahuasca, etc...for the most deep psychological.and spiritual works, these are sacraments for providing you with some gnosis into "the big questions"
...now, cannabis gives you a slice of this (as well as many other benefits), but in a manner suited for daily life...

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 1/15/2016 2:15:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

InLaKesh wrote:
Sphorange wrote:
null24 wrote:

My experience is the same.
Once (nearly 20 years ago, for a long time one of my main goals is to be a honest person) i was lying very badly , went home , smoked some cannabis and could find no peace before telling the truth.
Had this with other bad decisions also.

I could not agree more!

Cannabis allows me to see how I have been foolish, or negative, or incorrect in some social or spiritual manner, and also prevents me from making repeat foolish, negative, destructive, or incorrect decisions...
...actually when I go with out cannabis for a few weeks and then smoke, it causes a review of every way that I have "been an idiot" in that time.

It makes me a better person socially and psychologically...

It makes you a calm, happy, healthy and holy person...

Entheogen means "a compound hat brings God or the sacred or the holy or the divine into your being" and cannabis is no question nature's designated daily entheogen.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 1/20/2016 2:33:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There was contact between the rastas and sadhus, I've been looking into this recently.

http://themicrogiant.com...-movement/#.Vp-X5-Dn_mw

The Hinduism connection to the Rastafari movement came by way of Indians coming over to Jamaica through the British coolie trade; bringing with them their Hindu traditions. In this case the Hindu Sadhu (Indian holy men) came into contact with Afro-Jamaicans who picked up on the Sadhu’s lifestyle of wearing mated hair (dreadlocks), vegetarianism (Ital food), and marijuana smoking (brought over by Indian coolies, Ganja is a Sanskrit word for marijuana). These things later found their way into the Rastafari movement.

I've actually come to incorporate a good deal of Rastafarian and sadhu culture into my Entheogenic shamanism.

the sadhu influence on my practice is quite old, I've been aware of Hindu practices for quite some time, though I have just recently encountered Rastafarian people and come to understand their culture and beliefs.

I feel the only way to have a true and genuine connection to God is through Entheogenic plants, and that all modern faiths are the exegesis of the psychedelic experience which has been overlayed with authoritative hierarchies and dogma...

True spirituality MUST involve some form of entheogen.

So I have great interest in those who are still practicing Entheogenic spirituality.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 1/24/2016 12:04:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sadhus do not work, they smoke as much cannabis as possible (in worship of Shiva God of charas (hasheesh)) they survive on donation (people give to sadhus as payment for the communities sins), and they devote 100% of their time to spiritual meditation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q56zsqg8_8

The video in the link above quickly describes sadhus and marijuana, however it's an older film clip, and when the westerners begin to speak about "understanding how "drugs" relate to god" it's a bit absurd...but it details how ignorant the west is about entheogens being the true root of all spirituality...I hate how they call sacred plants "drugs" rather than entheogens or sacraments...

I relate to sadhus far more than rastafarians, but have incorporated many of both of their traditions into my Entheogenic/shamanic practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtgRKZjVA0k

In the link above is an old piece on Rastafarians, I particularly enjoy their concepts regarding "the fall of Babylon" and the drums representing thunder and to the four directions, as well as marijuana use as an entheogen...Again this is an older film clip.

The sadhus did contact early Rasta culture, and seeing as how I've incorporated sadhu and rasta concepts into my practice I particularly enjoy researching both traditions.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#12 Posted : 1/25/2016 3:43:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 1/25/2016 3:58:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis
#14 Posted : 1/26/2016 9:57:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcKGqREYAHY

With in the first five minutes of this film the rasta definition of "Babylon" is given.

all I can say is I understand what the rasta-man mean when they say "Babylon", and if it does fall in fire, thunder and brimstone, than I say good riddance.

-eg

SpartanII
#15 Posted : 1/27/2016 3:17:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It can affect different people in different ways.

My experience with cannabis has been mostly negative. I've used it on and off for about 20 years, in different settings, life circumstances, and contexts.

For the most part, it was mentally addictive, consuming my attention, making me feel hedonistic, hooking my attention to pleasure. It gave me an insatiable craving for sweets, eating to the point of stomach pain, yet still wanting MORE MORE MORE! It reduced my motivation and short term memory, while producing paranoia, self-consciousness, and lethargy.

I developed burns in my throat from smoking it to the extent that even vaporizing would irritate my throat. Making edibles was always a pain in the ass, and stunk up my apartment so I didn't do that very often, and when I did, the effects were inconsistent- I would either not feel much at all and waste a bunch of weed, or get way too high and have a terrifying, semi-psychotic experience that lasted hours and hours.

I've never felt it to be "holy", spiritual, or entheogenic. It never helped with meditation, as it made me physically restless and increased my attachment to my thoughts, which would be clouded, speedy, incoherent and nonsensical.

It produced all these effects regardless of ROA, quantity, quality, set, setting, or strain. The only positive effect I experienced was that it attenuated my anger, but only while I was high.

Every time I would quit for an extended period of time my motivation would return and my memory would improve, and my thinking would be clearer. But because of it's hedonistic and mentally addictive effects it produced in me, I kept coming back to it.

I feel cannabis can be a helpful tool for some people in some situations, and obviously it's a great medicine for the body, but overall I think it gets put on a pedestal and people downplay or ignore it's potentially negative effects on the mind.

Nathanial.Dread
#16 Posted : 1/27/2016 4:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I remember my first few experiences felt very psychedelic, on the verge of being genuinely spiritual. The second time I ever got high, I ended up lying in a friends back yard, listening to music and watching spectacular CEVs dance behind my eyelids. It felt almost like hyperspace, I was looking into some other, timeless dimension of color, sound, and pleasure.

All that went away after a while. I'm not a heavy or frequent smoker, and no amount of tolerance breaks seems to bring it back. Either I just got used to it, or something in my brain changed, but now it just makes me feel happy and hungry.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Psilosopher?
#17 Posted : 1/27/2016 10:21:28 AM

Don't Panic

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
I remember my first few experiences felt very psychedelic, on the verge of being genuinely spiritual. The second time I ever got high, I ended up lying in a friends back yard, listening to music and watching spectacular CEVs dance behind my eyelids. It felt almost like hyperspace, I was looking into some other, timeless dimension of color, sound, and pleasure.

All that went away after a while. I'm not a heavy or frequent smoker, and no amount of tolerance breaks seems to bring it back. Either I just got used to it, or something in my brain changed, but now it just makes me feel happy and hungry.

Blessings
~ND

I'm the same. After I had a mindblowing trip with cannabis, I can't trip like I used to. No more visuals. Just happy and hungry. I'm not complaining, since I have a plethora of other entheogens to feast on,
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

#18 Posted : 1/27/2016 10:41:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I rarely smoke cannabis anymore. Maybe once a month, or once every 2-3 months. When I do though, I have to tread very lightly. The experience is extremely powerful, especially mentally [massive time dilation to the point of all of past/present/future falling into one moment]. Reality starts to skip like photos on a projector slide, breaking down; then behind my closed eyes CEVs pop out from the background, become very distinct, take form and mold to be very similar to sub-breakthrough doses of DMT, mushrooms, etc. Cannabis at this stage is essentially uncovering and presenting what these other psychedelics seem to more readily do.

Also the boundaries between my awareness, bodily senses and reality drop away and meld into one flow, into that moment where time stands still. This for some reason can become very unnerving if im not prepared for it; I think it's the mental aspect that gets me sometimes.

When I first started smoking cannabis I didn't think much of it, until I got slapped around a few times with bigger doses. It's extremely powerful and can be life changing. Anymore I like to smoke and walk through the woods or fields; this is my personal use of it and what I consider to be my [spiritual?] practice. Cannabis can definitely be very entheogenic.

3rdI
#19 Posted : 1/27/2016 11:29:35 AM

veni, vidi, spici

im always amazed by some peoples response to cannabis, it seems so alien to me.

weed makes me tired, lazy and hungry and ruins my meditation ability. it feels along way from "spiritual" to me, but if it turns your dials then more power to ya, im a bit jealous.

on a side note, does anyone else find those strain hunter dudes about as appealing as wine snobs? i couldnt get past 10 minutes. i unfortunately dont live in a place that allows smoking but of all the weed i have had in the last 20 odd years, including a couple of trips to Amsterdam, i have noticed absolutely no difference in experience except strength. Do you folk who have weed shops notice a big difference between strains?
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Psybin
#20 Posted : 1/27/2016 2:11:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

3rdI wrote:
im always amazed by some peoples response to cannabis, it seems so alien to me.

weed makes me tired, lazy and hungry and ruins my meditation ability. it feels along way from "spiritual" to me, but if it turns your dials then more power to ya, im a bit jealous.

on a side note, does anyone else find those strain hunter dudes about as appealing as wine snobs? i couldnt get past 10 minutes. i unfortunately dont live in a place that allows smoking but of all the weed i have had in the last 20 odd years, including a couple of trips to Amsterdam, i have noticed absolutely no difference in experience except strength. Do you folk who have weed shops notice a big difference between strains?

Yes, there are huge differences - especially with extracts, where the differences are amplified. The differences in flavor between buds of sour diesel and white widow are so obvious (at least from dispensaries I've gone to in MA and VT over the years) that even people totally new to cannabis notice them. I used to feel the same way as you, but it's really just a matter of street dealers throwing around official strain names for the same mids. Once you start growing your own or buying it from a rec store or dispensary the differences in aroma, flavor, flower shape, psychomatic effects, etc. really jump out at you. Especially with wax and oil, where you can have wax from one strain taste like cherry pie and marmalade and another taste like chocolate chips and coffee, or hops and lemons (my favorite).

I've also noticed that wax from certain strains will take away my chronic pain, while another won't even touch it but will have a more pronounced effect on my tremors. If you ever get the chance to go to Colorado, I highly recommend a visit. Sometimes certain strains just don't work for some people. I can't smoke most strains higher in myrcene without getting an achy throat and jaw and itchy eyelids, but if i smoke strains high in d-limonene and alpha pinene, it actually helps with those issues.

For some reason when I drink beer made with hops high in myrcene this is also an issue, yet beer made with hops higher in limonene and pinene help my chronic medical issues. Perhaps my body isn't a fan of myrcene, which is a shame because it has a lot of purported health benefits.

123NEXT»