We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Recent videos from Rick Strassman Options

hyperweb
#1 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:29:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have not seen these shared on the nexus but its very well possible I havent looked deep enough.

Rick Strassman MD is known for his research in the DMT field as well as other fields in pharma-psychology.

Here is a link to his YouTube channel. Looks like hes been active very recently.

https://www.youtube.com/...gB--vP3zvlSskhNgw/videos

Enjoy!

I do not endorse condone or engage in illegal activities. Talking about the chemistry and effects of various substances is just a fun thing I like to do.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jaffster
#2 Posted : 12/30/2015 3:42:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hadn't seen it, so thanks Hyperweb.

It's interesting to hear him talking about 'the beings' and more about his own personal experiences, as 'The Spirit Molecule' was all about the volunteers and their experiences.

He has another Youtube subscriber!

SnozzleBerry
#3 Posted : 12/30/2015 3:53:05 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

hyperweb wrote:
Rick Strassman MD is known for his research in the DMT field as well as other fields in pharma-psychology.

He's also known for his fallacious/insulting replies to questions about his pet theories vis a vis DMT and kabbalistic judaism. Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ganesh
#4 Posted : 12/30/2015 4:04:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

He's also known for his fallacious/insulting replies to questions about his pet theories vis a vis DMT and kabbalistic judaism. Wink

Do you have a source for this claim?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 12/30/2015 4:18:45 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

ganesh wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Yes, Rick himself Smile

Here's what I reported back after presenting at Breaking Convention, where I also attended Rick's talk and straight up asked him about some of the statements he's repeatedly made:

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Last weekend, I asked Rick why he's repeatedly stated that he feels it is important to use a monotheistic model to map DMT experiences in order to get traction with "Westerners." I asked why "gaining traction" was important in a model...isn't it important to be accurate when modelling something? Isn't accuracy more important than acceptance/traction? I asked him didn't he think it would be inherently limiting and possibly dangerous to try to use such a familiar/simple model to map something as ontologically challenging as DMT?

You know what the good doctor replied?

"I've been asked this question before and what I have to say is this. When you're fluent in biblical hebrew, have read all the kabbalistic and related texts, and have reviewed the rabbinical commentary, then we can have this conversation."

LaughinglolwutLaughing

So not only did he assume that I know nothing about my own heritage (and he could have asked whether or not I had any understanding or what level of understanding I have) but he also ignored the question while making an appeal to authority.

But here's the thing that really gets me...he said he's been asked this question before, and it seems, imo, to be a rather important question if he's proposing a model for understanding...especially when the model proposed has so many clear issues. So, IF he's been asked this important question before, why is he dodging the question rather than coming up with a meaningful response? This seems remarkably defensive and rigid.

WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ganesh
#6 Posted : 12/30/2015 4:52:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

Yes, Rick himself Smile

Interesting. Can you provide actual video proof?

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:02:57 PM

omnia sunt communia!

ganesh wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Yes, Rick himself Smile

Contact the breaking convention people and ask them for the Q&A session from Strassman's talk. For some reason they haven't posted any of the Q&A parts of any of the talks and I'm not sure why.

If you don't believe me, endlessness, The Traveler, a couple other Nexians, and a room of 300ish people heard me ask it and I'm sure any of them would be more than happy to confirm for you Wink

In fact, I actually had a number of people approach me after the session ended and tell me how much they appreciated the question and how ridiculous Strassman's reply was. David Luke and I also had a chuckle about it before I gave my presentation.

Feel free to hunt down the video evidence from the BC folks, they should have it Smile

And honestly, I bet Rick would confirm it if you emailed him and asked Laughing
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

ganesh
#8 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
ganesh wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Yes, Rick himself Smile

Contact the breaking convention people and ask them......If you don't believe me, endlessness, The Traveler, a couple other Nexians, heard me ask it.....In fact.....Feel free to hunt down the video evidence from..... And honestly, I bet Rick would confirm it if you emailed him and asked Laughing

Lol, the tales are rivetting! Laughing

As you yourself actually said:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Please post the source when you make claims such as these. It's important that the information that gets spread be verifiable information and not additional hearsay.

It's not enough to say "the papers got it wrong, what really happened is XYZ, trust me, I have reliable sources on the ground." At best, this is potentially correct hearsay, at worst it just adds to the number of stories floating around.

By all means, hearsay can be valuable, but it should be labelled as such, not presented as the true story if you can't post a source.

Lol!! Big grin

SnozzleBerry
#9 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:43:10 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Rolling eyes

I've literally given you the source. Contact the breaking convention staff if you want their video.

I can't give you something I don't have access to, I can only direct you to the people who have access, which I've done.

What reason would I possibly have to make this up?

What's your deal?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Global
#10 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:45:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Snozz is the source. It's not hearsay if he is a witness. It just seems like you're calling him a liar.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

ganesh
#11 Posted : 12/30/2015 5:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:

What's your deal?

LOL!!

I believe Snozz, but he didn't post a link, just like i didn't a while back for a very similar scenario. Nice to have a little bit of a laugh sometimes, haha.

Have a happy new year. Wink

Bill Cipher
#12 Posted : 12/30/2015 7:46:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Snozz L. Berry,

Video evidence can always be manufactured. Look at the so-called "moon landing".

What I'm more curious about is the status of your supposed "U.S. citizenship". Would you be willing to produce a copy of your birth certificate?

SnozzleBerry
#13 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:09:25 PM

omnia sunt communia!

ganesh wrote:
I believe Snozz, but he didn't post a link, just like i didn't a while back for a very similar scenario.

Except that:

1) You weren't actually there/were posting secondhand info passed via word of mouth/social media
2) I did provide a source you could have contacted to get the requested video evidence

I hope you enjoyed your chuckle Confused

Uncle Knucles wrote:
What I'm more curious about is the status of your supposed "U.S. citizenship". Would you be willing to produce a copy of your birth certificate?

Thumbs down

Not cool man! I thought we'd reached an agreement on that whole fiasco.

Ugh, fine, since you're so damn determined...

WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

SnozzleBerry
#14 Posted : 12/30/2015 9:11:01 PM

omnia sunt communia!

For people interested, we published an interview with Rick Strassman in the second issue of the Nexian. The doc presents some perspectives that are fairly insightful into his areas of interest. Might be worth checking out Thumbs up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

ganesh
#15 Posted : 12/30/2015 11:08:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SnozzleBerry wrote:
For people interested, we published an interview with Rick Strassman Might be worth checking out Thumbs up

Cool

Redguard
#16 Posted : 12/30/2015 11:39:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My understanding of Jewish mysticism is highly lacking but I always thought that kabbalah recognized other deities but just attributed them to being part of the Godhead. It doesn't seem to be monotheistic the way most westerners view it. It actually seems to sound more pagan then anything.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Psilosopher?
#17 Posted : 12/30/2015 11:44:17 PM

Don't Panic

SnozzleBerry wrote:
ganesh wrote:
SnozzleBerry wrote:

Yes, Rick himself Smile

Here's what I reported back after presenting at Breaking Convention, where I also attended Rick's talk and straight up asked him about some of the statements he's repeatedly made:

SnozzleBerry wrote:
Last weekend, I asked Rick why he's repeatedly stated that he feels it is important to use a monotheistic model to map DMT experiences in order to get traction with "Westerners." I asked why "gaining traction" was important in a model...isn't it important to be accurate when modelling something? Isn't accuracy more important than acceptance/traction? I asked him didn't he think it would be inherently limiting and possibly dangerous to try to use such a familiar/simple model to map something as ontologically challenging as DMT?

You know what the good doctor replied?

"I've been asked this question before and what I have to say is this. When you're fluent in biblical hebrew, have read all the kabbalistic and related texts, and have reviewed the rabbinical commentary, then we can have this conversation."

LaughinglolwutLaughing

So not only did he assume that I know nothing about my own heritage (and he could have asked whether or not I had any understanding or what level of understanding I have) but he also ignored the question while making an appeal to authority.

But here's the thing that really gets me...he said he's been asked this question before, and it seems, imo, to be a rather important question if he's proposing a model for understanding...especially when the model proposed has so many clear issues. So, IF he's been asked this important question before, why is he dodging the question rather than coming up with a meaningful response? This seems remarkably defensive and rigid.

Snozz and Rick have one thing in common. DMT. As such, it's not a ridiculous question to ask about Rick's monotheistic models. That response sounded very elitist and was probably just dodging the question for the sake of not wanting to answer it.

I agree with you Snozz. Accuracy is more important than traction. Modern westerners tend to have a bad habit of fucking up anything remotely spiritual. I've posted this somewhere else how even the word spiritual has lost its meaning. Western schools of thought on entheogens/spirituality are severely convoluted with miscommunication.

DMT is extremely versatile. There's a guy here on the forums who's a massive Christian, and DMT affirms his belief. That is awesome. I don't "believe" in anything except my own beliefs (which is far from Christian), and DMT affirms that. Which is also awesome. The whole idea of mapping DMT seems kind of pointless to me. The only thing worth doing is documenting trips, and sharing/comparing with others.

A map implies a set structure. The only "mapping" that can apply to DMT is the onset of similar experiences, such as dissolution of the ego, blasting through the fractal door, meeting an entity etc. These are just observations, and vary with the individual. Only the individual in question will know the true extent of their trip. The rest is just noise.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

JDSalinger
#18 Posted : 12/31/2015 1:06:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Redguard wrote:
My understanding of Jewish mysticism is highly lacking but I always thought that kabbalah recognized other deities but just attributed them to being part of the Godhead. It doesn't seem to be monotheistic the way most westerners view it. It actually seems to sound more pagan then anything.

Not just Judaism, all old testament based religions I am finding are more polytheist in nature. In Exodus 7.8-13 Moses turns his walking stick into a snake and the kings magicians do the same; also there is plenty of mention of Baal (an ancient god). it seems to me that that from a traditional monotheistic view there are many gods yet one god is supreme.

It just seems people get confused and believe that accepting there being some truth to another cultures beliefs affects their own, which I personally find ludicrous. Given what Snoz wrote it sounds that unfortunately Rick Strassman is one of those. Sad
“Among other things, you'll find that you're not the first person who was ever confused and frightened and even sickened by human behavior. You're by no means alone on that score, you'll be excited and stimulated to know. Many, many men have been just as troubled morally and spiritually as you are right now. Happily, some of them kept records of their troubles. You'll learn from them—if you want to. Just as someday, if you have something to offer, someone will learn something from you. It's a beautiful reciprocal arrangement. And it isn't education. It's history. It's poetry.” J.D. Salinger.

ganesh
#19 Posted : 12/31/2015 8:42:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The important thing is to remember that this is an ongoing research scenario. Therefore it's important to not get too fixated on such matters, as can also be said on the results of Ricks studies.

I think Ricks answer was surprising, but perhaps he needed to be challenged moreso in order to open up to full expression. Maybe he didn't want to open up for various reasons. Perhaps the topic of Religion is a sore point for him, as it is for many others. Lastly i'd like to say, don't expect too much from these researchers. They are not necessarily as well rounded as others might expect. Certainly, they may not like delving into certain discussions. That is their choice.

Intezam
#20 Posted : 12/31/2015 10:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

12NEXT