We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
milk removes tannins from mhrb brew in weirdly awesome process Options

embracethevoid
#1 Posted : 12/26/2015 8:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

my pet pigeon's friend of a friend found out that when milk is added to a mimosa hostilis brew a thick gloopy paste rises to the top of the brew which can be scooped and disposed, thereby gathering all the tannins and sediment and binding it together into one glob.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 12/26/2015 11:14:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting - the brew in question is just MHRB + water, and then milk? Nothing else? I know acids will curdle milk making easy-to-separate curds, but I didn't think just MHRB would do that. Maybe if there's vinegar in the brew (which I know some people use).

Are you sure actives aren't lost as well?

Nice find, I'm curious to see more developments.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

embracethevoid
#3 Posted : 12/26/2015 11:44:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

the milk curdles and cleans up the brew at the same time. works great for an extra smooth brew, no messy filtering necessary. it congeals along the entire volume scooping up all the sediment.

mhrb + water + milk, or mhrb + water + syrian rue + milk, no vinegar necessary

maybe some actives are lost, who knows but the resultant brew is far easier going than a standard brew.

Creo
#4 Posted : 12/28/2015 1:33:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably most fining agents on this list would work:

http://www.wineskills.co...ledge-base/fining-agents

I've used egg whites and gelatine in the past and actives are always reduced (sometimes significantly).

I think that would also be the case for milk or any other fining agent.

Nathanial.Dread
#5 Posted : 12/28/2015 5:38:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trav recommended bentonite to me once - I think that it might be less likely to grab the active compounds, since it likes positively charged compounds and the DMT salts in solution should be neutral.

It's also vegan, if you care about things like that.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/31/2015 12:07:24 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Trav recommended bentonite to me once - I think that it might be less likely to grab the active compounds, since it likes positively charged compounds and the DMT salts in solution should be neutral.

[...]

Sadly, the DMT salt will consist of a positively charged, protonated [DMT]H+ ion and a negatively charged counterion of whatever. So your statement doesn't really hold.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#7 Posted : 12/31/2015 12:38:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i usually use sodium bicabornate. saturate a glass of water and use 2 or 3 sppons of that solution. if used too much it will create a foam, altough a lot of gunk comes out with the foam, it looses some actives. i like to put a little above that level and put it to near freezing temperatures. after 48h mot tannins and gunk are in the bottom of the container. its not perfect tannin removal, but it gets eaasier to drink, and keeps the actives. (gorgeous clear red, like wine) i usually acidify the brew just a little bit, and the bicarbonate helps ti balance that also.
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?