We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reusing Previously Extracted Cactus Chunks Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 12/20/2015 10:34:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A while back I had done an extraction on 4ft of bridgesii cactus, performing three boils for 3 hours each. After filtering out all the cactus chunks, I placed them into a bowl and placed it into the freezer with the thoughts of doing another extraction after freezing and lysing the cells open. I didn't get that much mescaline from the first extraction, enough for a few small to moderate doses, maybe around 1.5-2g.

The last boiling that I had performed still had a very dark coloring too it, and that mixed with the amount that I got from it all makes me think that there is still some goodies in those chunks. So I am wondering if anyone thinks it worth while to try to extract from this same material again? It is still sitting in the freezer all frozen together.

If the general consensus is that there might still be some goodies left in there, I think the procedure I want to try to do is to place all the chunks onto a sheet in the oven, and dry them on a low heat. The pieces are maybe .5-1inch cubes, so they should be able to dry just fine. I however am not sure of what temp is OK to use and for how long they should be left in the oven.

Once dry, instead of doing a whole A/B procedure, I was thinking of just powdering the chunks and doing an alcohol soak with either iso or everclear, and then evaporating this to leave a tarry residue which can be eating as is. If acetone can be used, I may use that instead since I have an abundance of it at the moment.

If I go about this method, is it something that should work? Or would it be better to mix the dried cactus with lime and let dry again, and then perform pulls? Could I pull this mixture with just alcohol or acetone as mentioned before, or will that also disolve some of the lime leaving it in the finished product once evaporated?

Because of the probably small amount that may be left, I'm not trying to do the whole NP solvent pulls, acid wash, and evap that because I doubt I will even get that much and would like to do it as quickly as possible. But if that is the best way to do it then I will just do so and deal with the extra time needed for the procedure.

Thanks in advance for any input and advice.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Auxin
#2 Posted : 12/21/2015 12:04:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well your goodies do have a flavor.
Pull out a slightly above average size chunk, thaw it, and chew it. If it tastes bitter theres still alkaloids, if theres almost no bitterness then brewing it again would just give you hair conditioner Wink
Most people eat a chunk when they think they are done boiling, just to check.

Poekus
#3 Posted : 12/21/2015 12:31:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

4 ft of regular diameter is about 200 grams of dried flesh (including the whiter flesh).

So that 1.5-2 gram is a normal yield of about .75-1%.

I think a second extraction will be a dissapointment yield wise.

Gone-and-Back
#4 Posted : 12/21/2015 4:19:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I will have to thaw a piece out and see how it tastes. I'll do that tomorrow as it is late and I must be getting to sleep for work.

I doubt there is much in there either, but it's always worth a shot. If it's still bitter I'll probably just do an alcohol soak and make a resin. Eat a quarter of it, see how it goes. If it doesn't do much I'll just eat the rest in one go. If nothing happens, then I just ate some cactus gunk for no reason. No harm done.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.