We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Another 69RON Tek results Options

SpathiEluder
#1 Posted : 12/20/2015 9:57:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A first attempt, made from strong unknown pachanoi

100g dry powder that included core and skins - so maybe 70g of the powder was from active flesh ?
The orange oil soaked for about 4 days due to an interruption in my extraction

I was having trouble filtering the limo liquid through the coffee filter as there were too many fatty type globules blocking the filter. This may have been due to the long soak, because the second soak was only left for an hour and seems to move through faster.

The vinegar extraction was completed and put out to dry.

My final leftover Limo color was very green - I would love to know if this is reusable or if it needs cleaning as I have 1.5m of Eileen all dried up ready to go.

I havent assayed this dark wax yet, just trying to make sure it is as dry as can be. It has a heavy limo smell and weighs about 2.5g.

so assuming this is active, it seems to be 2.5g from approximately 70g dried.

Here are some of the fatty / sediments that were causing slow filtration:

And here is the final wax:

Not many people have posted their final images. Do they look similar ?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 12/20/2015 10:02:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd reuse the limo yes.. Wash it with acidified and basified water and filter it and then reuse it.

As for how it looks, yeah impure acetates do look like that. If you want you can do a mini-a/b to further clean it up, or next time get some fumaric acid and work with FASI/FASA instead which makes it easier to clean up.

Let us know if you do try it out Smile Be well!

Poekus
#3 Posted : 12/20/2015 11:34:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If you want dry crystals, you could also dissolve that resin in a couple of mls of 10% HCl -->evaporate --> clean with ice cold acetone.

This will yield rather pure dry powder off-white mescaline and gets rid of the limonene traces. Expect to lose 2/3 of the acetate alkaloid mixture.

I'd go for the full experience with this acetate. It will dry out if you put it in the oven on 50 C, but as soon as it's at room temperature, it'll attract water from the atmosphere and within a couple of hours it's sticky again.

It shouldn't smell heavily like d-limonene. Let it dry out more until it gets a earthy like smell (hard to explain but it has a really unique smell to it).

For separating those emulsions putting the container on a vibrating surface like a wash machine does wonders. It usually clears out in a couple of minutes.

Most important: enjoy that goo!!

SpathiEluder
#4 Posted : 12/21/2015 12:30:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
I'd reuse the limo yes.. Wash it with acidified and basified water and filter it and then reuse it.

As for how it looks, yeah impure acetates do look like that. If you want you can do a mini-a/b to further clean it up, or next time get some fumaric acid and work with FASI/FASA instead which makes it easier to clean up.

Let us know if you do try it out Smile Be well!

Thanks Endlessness, I will search for info on that clean up process for the limo. I much prefer to re-use it as it takes a couple of weeks or more + XMAS delays to order.

Definitely happy to try the fuller spectrum wax before I get into refining it more to mesc.

Judging by my latest Eileen flesh drying, I dried a much larger amount, with skins and core removed, and it still didnt make it to 100g - So my original first attempt above must have been with much less dry flesh than 70-80g. Maybe even 50-60g. Dried skin and core weight a lot !

So 2.5g from 50-60g ? A good feeling if it is a strong result.

Thanks for the input guys, I always love how the veterans here never seem to get bored of seeing this first attempts and helping out Smile such a great community

SpathiEluder
#5 Posted : 12/21/2015 12:36:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Poekus wrote:
If you want dry crystals, you could also dissolve that resin in a couple of mls of 10% HCl -->evaporate --> clean with ice cold acetone.

This will yield rather pure dry powder off-white mescaline and gets rid of the limonene traces. Expect to lose 2/3 of the acetate alkaloid mixture.

I'd go for the full experience with this acetate. It will dry out if you put it in the oven on 50 C, but as soon as it's at room temperature, it'll attract water from the atmosphere and within a couple of hours it's sticky again.

It shouldn't smell heavily like d-limonene. Let it dry out more until it gets a earthy like smell (hard to explain but it has a really unique smell to it).

For separating those emulsions putting the container on a vibrating surface like a wash machine does wonders. It usually clears out in a couple of minutes.

Most important: enjoy that goo!!

Cheers Poekus, I will definitely try refining after a few samples of the fuller spectrum. I may have exaggerated the smell, it has hints of limo, but as you said it slowly fades as it dries more and more. But i think its dried as far as it will go now.

I will try that method above at some point (HCl) - I know the TEK said MEK, but I am not really sure where to find food grade MEK where I am. I saw some posts about it being used by plumbers, but not sure if its food safe.

Thanks for the info Smile

SpathiEluder
#6 Posted : 12/21/2015 12:44:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

@Endlessness

I have been looking through threads but havent found a very solid method which people seems to support.

Can you explain your A/B wash for limo for me please?

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 12/21/2015 2:41:31 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

SpathiEluder wrote:
I was having trouble filtering the limo liquid through the coffee filter as there were too many fatty type globules blocking the filter. This may have been due to the long soak, because the second soak was only left for an hour and seems to move through faster.

If it sinks (as seems to be the case in the photo), it's just excess water squeezing out of the paste.

Quote:
Not many people have posted their final images. Do they look similar ?

I was lucky, got tan crystals without cleanup. Was it acetate though? So long ago, I can't remember. Definitely wasn't pure mesc. as a whole gram provided only mood elevation and empathy. Was also great for wrestling with drunk friends, except for some reason they considered it an unfair advantage.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

SpathiEluder
#8 Posted : 12/21/2015 3:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha. Well i tried approx 60-70 mg this morning with coffee - not sure if im getting slight effects or not, but nothing hugely noticable. Maybe a little calmness

After working with that much cactus, it seems impossible that such a small, small chip of resin weighs 70mg - enough to produce effects. I was thinking visually 70mg would be a bit larger.

SpathiEluder
#9 Posted : 12/22/2015 4:49:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

100mg this morning with coffee and breakfast, no real noticeable effects. Sad

Maybe the original stock wasnt so potent, or maybe being my first extraction some methods werent so efficient.

I noticed that 69RON mentioned somewhere that when doing vinegar pulls to keep each pull separated (but you can dry in one batch) - do you know what reasoning there is to keep the pulls separated ?? I didnt do that .

I dont have the opportunity for a full 200mg+ dose anytime soon, so I guess the next thing I will try is 150mg in a few more days and try do it on an empty stomach with coffee.

Failing THAT I think i will do the HCl/Acetone cleanup and see what actually exists.

I have tried to research, but if anyone can help point me toward a definitive method for cleaning the Limo that would be hugely appreciated !.

wearepeople
#10 Posted : 12/22/2015 7:15:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just brew it next time Smile

problem solved.
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Poekus
#11 Posted : 12/22/2015 12:33:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SpathiEluder wrote:
100mg this morning with coffee and breakfast, no real noticeable effects. Sad
Failing THAT I think i will do the HCl/Acetone cleanup and see what actually exists.

That wax contains 1/3 mescaline at most. So in the ideal situation you have 800 mg mescaline. That would be a fine yield considering starting material, which might contain only 500 mg mescaline in the first place.

You consumed 1/25 of your yield, so about 40 mg mescaline. Threshold starts lightly at 150 mg. At 250 mg you starting to get stimulated and an obvious effect is felt. At 350 mg things starting to get psychedelic.

Best thing would be to either take half of your acetate or at least 1/4 as a starting dose or do the cleanup and than dose according to the level you want. For me 450 mg is a very nice experience far from being too strong.

If after cleanup you have about 400 mg left, take 200 mg wait 1.5 hours and than increase with 50 mg every half hour.

For a single dose (or multiple threshold doses), an a/b is quite some effort, but very rewarding. Next time you could scale up the starting material a bit so your time effort yields a couple more experiences.

SpathiEluder
#12 Posted : 12/22/2015 12:54:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Poek, that makes a lot more sense. I have 2g acetate left, so next time around I will aim to consume about 1g and increment from there.

I initially wanted barely threshold effects so I could go about my day, but I see that I would need 200-300mg of acetate for that.

I am currently trying a new batch of about 80g of dry Eileen, not so confident in cleaning the old limonene but I have ordered some more. The old limo is very green, I did try a vinegar / diluted baking soda wash, and not sure how effective it was. The d-limo smell is a lot weaker.

I did also buy HCl and acetone to try the cleanup, but I will save that for the future, I dont want to mess around with my limited knowledge.

Thanks again for your help.

SpathiEluder
#13 Posted : 12/22/2015 2:10:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think what confused me a little with regards to dosage was people mentioning such active experiences from 75mg in the 69Ron original thread.

Not sure how they got such a significant experience from that amount.

Poekus
#14 Posted : 12/22/2015 3:40:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

75 mg can be slightly (really slightly) felt if your acetate is more pure, but I wouldn't classify that as a significant experience Smile . The first pull I did with vinegar was light tan kind of sticky flaky acetate. That could be felt good at 150 mg . The pulls after that were more of the sticky impure orange acetate which I later converted to HCl and cleaned up with ice cold acetone to nice light tan crystals.

If you are going for the HCl route:

If you bought 37% HCl in the hardware store you could easily make rather pure (without contaminants) HCl by doing as follows:

Take a air tight container and place two smaller containers open containers in them.
Poor like 100 mL of the 37% HCl in one small container and 100 mL of distilled water (bought in grocery store) in the other. Now close the lid of the main container and wait for about a week. Part of the HCl gas is now migrated to the distilled water. Of course the solution is less than half as strong but very usable for salting.
Watch out for possible initial fumes after opening the lid of both the 37% flask and the sealed container (do it outside is fine) and wait gloves and glasses. This method is not working so well with 10% HCl.

Converting the acetate is just a matter of dissolving the acetate in the HCl and evaporate again. Do the evaporation outside. I had my rust free steel combioven rusted in minutes Smile .

For the acetone clean-up:

You could buy some Espom salt so you can dry the acetone before cleaning to minimize loss of yield. To make sure it has no non-volatiles to start with evaporate 50 ml on a glass surface and validate that it leaves no residue.

Put some epsom in 50 ml of acetone do this gradually until the kind of clumping stops.
Put in the freezer for 30 mins or so.
Filter the acetone twice through paper to get rid of the epsom.
Dissolve the orange HCl gunk in the acetone. The mescaline won't dissolve and can be filtered out by paper.
Repeat for optimum result.
The remaining acetone can be evaporated to yield other alkaloids and fats or in case something went wrong to recover product.

It's really not more difficult than the steps you already performed in the STB process. Excess HCl evaporates so you don't have to worry about that. Just wait long enough too dry fully. Pay some extra detail too safety measures such as wearing glasses and proper gloves when handling the acid.

It will be a couple of steps more but it will reward all your extraction efforts already done with some nice clean crystal.

SpathiEluder
#15 Posted : 12/31/2015 9:04:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a million for such a detailed explanation Poekus, what a gift, it really helps. HCl wasnt something I wanted to guess with.

I wonder whether the HCl / H2O transfer will happen faster for me as it's a good 30+ degrees celcius and very dry where I am. I will definitely try this method in the near future.

Lately I have been taking about 200mg of the acetate before doing things like going to the beach, and it has given me a nice relaxed "upper" feeling, chatty and content.

I will need to try some of the Eileen extraction soon.