We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Possible new technique that profoundly changes the DMT exerience. Options

n0thing
#41 Posted : 12/23/2015 8:26:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
The Laughing I get from 1ce v. pitubo gives a better, longer-lasting buzz than the breath technique.

It's most probably not as applicable to the DMT experience, though (thankfully Confused )

I've found the breathing technique to be very simple and it works as described but I've not yet tried it with a DMT admixture. It appears it would just mean taking 5 rapid hyperventilating breaths, followed by one deep breath held in for ~5 sec before inhaling from a loaded vapour chamber.

How will the holding-in of vapour impact the overall respiratory alkalosis effect? Won't freebase DMT cause a localised alkalising effect in the lungs? Big grin

Great, thanks for trying. It works good in allowing you to extend the amount of time you can hold your dmt in so that you don't waste any like most people do taking quick puffs like they do when they smoke weed or tobaco.

Also try the breathing technique WHILE your are tripping for a heavier effect. like 10-20 seconds after you smoke the dmt

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

n0thing
#42 Posted : 12/23/2015 8:27:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

KillaNoodles wrote:
Sorry to see you guys haven't figured out this is pseudoscience yet.
Do try to avoid "naturalnews" and "greathyperventilationtechniques.com"
Really guys...

There is nothing psuedoscience about this, go have a look at how bad the media portrays the choking game and you will see how real this is! It has been on prime time news for christ sake warning parents of the dangers of it on their kids.

Countless kids have died from it and you want to call it 'psuedoscience'? that is almost disrespectful to all those parents who have lost so much, now they have people like you claiming that their children died because of 'psuedoscience'.

http://news.yahoo.com/co...king-game-162542490.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYmyl2FIT2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwupPO9aNyQ

n0thing
#43 Posted : 12/23/2015 8:29:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gonzukes wrote:
Very similar to the Wim Hoff method- Others have pointed him out in this threat- he's basically the master of breathing. He's climbed Mount Everest in his shorts, and he says its basically all due to mind set and his breathing exercise, which is very similar to this.

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Isn't this basically what Stan Grof was doing with his whole 'holotropic breathwork' practice? Hyperventilate until everything looked sparkly?

Blessings
~ND

No, not like wim hof. Wim hof doesn't hold the breath which induces direct dissociation quickly.

1ce
#44 Posted : 12/23/2015 10:52:03 AM

Communications-Security Analyst

Quote:
n0thing wrote:
[quote=KillaNoodles]Sorry to see you guys haven't figured out this is pseudoscience yet.
Really guys...

There is nothing psuedoscience about this, go have a look at how bad the media portrays the choking game and you will see how real this is! It has been on prime time news for christ sake warning parents of the dangers of it on their kids.

Countless kids have died from it and you want to call it 'psuedoscience'? that is almost disrespectful to all those parents who have lost so much, now they have people like you claiming that their children died because of 'psuedoscience'.

In what way is rapid breathing disrespectful to parents of children who choke themselves? Illuminate me.

skoobysnax
#45 Posted : 12/23/2015 6:33:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pranayama exercises in yoga always change my level of awareness and energetic balance. getting high off breathing is ancient tech.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

pitubo
#46 Posted : 12/23/2015 7:04:51 PM

dysfunctional word machine

n0thing wrote:
pitubo wrote:
My impression, though I must admit that I doubt my understanding of what OP means, is that the procedure is meant to introduce a kind of dizzy lightheadedness that causes a mental effect of mild dissociation and derealization. I can see how that could influence the dmt experience, by weakening fortified ego barriers that might otherwise prevent one from surrendering to the dmt effects.

Finally! You are the first person who has understood this. I really want your help. How can I possibly write a reformation so that people can understand what you just said very clearly?

Strangely, majority of people seemed to think this is the same thing as hyperventilating while completely missing the point about how HOLDING the breath AFTER hyperventilating induces the dissociation feeling.

Can you please write an example of what such a post would look like? I thought my OP was very clear in establishing it succintly but it appears that is not so.

Perhaps some of the people who attest that this method is useful for them can best be of help in creating a practicable description? Otherwise, I don't know what else to say apart from what I have already said. The technique of holding in breath is not my preferred method.

n0thing wrote:
Great, thanks for trying. It works good in allowing you to extend the amount of time you can hold your dmt in so that you don't waste any like most people do taking quick puffs like they do when they smoke weed or tobaco.

Also try the breathing technique WHILE your are tripping for a heavier effect. like 10-20 seconds after you smoke the dmt

My preferred technique is to calmly take a few deep breaths, with emphasis on reasonably complete exhalations, to increase the availablity of oxygen in the body. Breathing out calmly also helps to relax the body, which in turn helps to calm the mind and dissipate any anticipation stress. On completion of the exhalation, breathing in is done automatically and more rapidly. This is repeated a few times until I feel vibrantly alive, but calm.

Right before the actual toking from the smoalking device, I again exhale fully. Then vapors are gently sucked in, partly into the airways directly, but largely also in the mouth and throat. When sufficient vapor has been generated and taken in, I take a deep breath, immediately pulling the vapors, mixed with fresh air, deep into the lungs.

I try to not hold my breath after inhaling, but instead to keep inhaling slowly. I feel that this causes less pressure on the lungs, the arteries and the psyche. When it becomes uncomfortable to try to further keep inhaling, I gently and slowly exhale, again maximally trying to relax the body while exhaling.

The technique of exhaling before taking in smoke and then inhaling the smoke deep into the lungs with added fresh air used to be what I always did when I still smoked cannabis and tobacco. It is natural for me to do the same with dmt and I have never felt the need to take a second or third hit.

downwardsfromzero wrote:
How will the holding-in of vapour impact the overall respiratory alkalosis effect? Won't freebase DMT cause a localised alkalising effect in the lungs? Big grin

This is in fact an interesting observation.

n0thing
#47 Posted : 12/24/2015 1:08:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1ce wrote:
Quote:
n0thing wrote:
[quote=KillaNoodles]Sorry to see you guys haven't figured out this is pseudoscience yet.
Really guys...

I said that it would almost be disrespectful to those parents if someone said

In what way is rapid breathing disrespectful to parents of children who choke themselves? Illuminate me.

It isn't? No one ever said it was? What WAS said though, was that in preaching to people that the method of death isn't even true and valid is disrespectful to the loved ones who know that scientifically it is true because it killed their beloved ones.

If your child dies and then someone starts telling you that your child died from something that is an absolute lie, hogwash, balderdash, bullshit, psuedoscience, unverifiable claims on procedures and so forth... you would be offended, anyone would.

That's like having your wife die and then someone come up to you and tell you that she was a witch and probably deserved it... seriously... I thought I was on the DMT-nexus here?

n0thing
#48 Posted : 12/24/2015 1:10:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:
pranayama exercises in yoga always change my level of awareness and energetic balance. getting high off breathing is ancient tech.

nice to know, glad it works for you. afaik this is not pranayama though and I couldn't find any history on this style of breathing (holding the breath)

fathomlessness
#49 Posted : 10/18/2016 4:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would just like to thank the OP for bringing this to the table here.

I have been doing this in my meditations and trips ever since I found out about it.

All of the few people who posted back with skepticism about this have completely unfounded opinions with no evidence behind what they are saying. They just flat out reject it because they don't like "the idea" of it, which IMO seems very bigoted. It is as if they have a chip on their shoulder about the nature of process or even possibly something irrelevant like the click-bait title and/or are stubborn in their personalities for finding new "scientifically proven" methods of conscious exploration. Thumbs down

From what I can make out from the Wiki page the very short decrease in blood supply to the brain would be enough to dampen and even re-route standard electrical firing patterns within the brain, thereby pushing the brain in to a more "primitive state". As you can see bellow:

wikipedia wrote:

1. Decrease in partial pressure of alveolar CO2.
2. Decrease in partial pressure of arterial CO2.
3. Increase in blood pH, (respiratory alkalosis).
4. Vasoconstriction of blood vessels supplying brain.
5. Pooling of the blood present in the brain at the time.
6. Brain rapidly uses up oxygen (O2) available in the pooled blood.
7. o2 concentration in the brain drops.

Actually, I don't think step 7 wouldn't even occur because if you only held your breath for 5 seconds then you would be breathing straight away thereby utilizing new oxygen. So it is virtually impossible to starve your brain of oxygen here, it is rather the restricted bloodflow's effect on neuronal activity. This is exactly the same as how DMT changes blood flow to certain areas of the brain like Anterior Cingulate Cortex or the vmPFC thereby causing feelings of dissaociation, trippiness, etc.

PREV123