We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
INSOMNIA BITES! Options

Ufostrahlen
#21 Posted : 12/11/2015 9:46:41 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

3-5mg of melatonin is way more effective for me than (even high doses of) valerian pills. If melatonin doesn't work then Benzos are indeed a solution. But I suggest something milder than Xanax, e.g. 10-20mg of Oxazepam. I wake up after 8h of sleep without grogginess at that dose. And I doubt you get addicted if you use them sparely. I mean reserve the Benzos for the harder times and try a melatonin/valerian mix for the regular nights. Also melatonin is cheap - 180 x 3mg caps for like $12, plus it boosts your immune system. Maybe try the 1mg caps first and up them to find your optimal dose, I sometimes need 6mg to get to sleep after 2 cans of energy drink. Good luck!
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

null24
#22 Posted : 12/11/2015 10:49:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What's the brand name of Oxazepam? Is that Ativan? Were that easily accessible I'd have used that instead of alprazolam Even though I'm sure of my self control when it comes to them, there still a high level of discomfort. Like a gun violence victim to be using a handgun, for an extreme analogy.

But it would be nice to have an emergency exit ready, once all other options are exhausted.

Slept like a baby last night, asked my boss to give me some laborious tasks ( he was happy to oblige, lol) paid conscious attention to food and beverage consumption and am going to see how it goes unaided tonight.

EDIT: I see that Oxazepam is generic only. Hmmm I doubt I could access it clinically being red flagged for addictive temdencies/behavior.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ufostrahlen
#23 Posted : 12/12/2015 4:55:59 AM

Not sure why a brand name should be more addictive than a generic term. It's actually the pharmacokinetics, not the branding, that makes a molecule addictive. And Xanax is way stronger than Oxazepam.

But you could also ask for Z-drugs or different short acting Benzos. If they are comfortable to give you Xanax, then everything below should be a piece of cake with some discipline. Ask for the smallest package, so your doc can monitor your behavior.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

null24
#24 Posted : 12/12/2015 5:30:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
Not sure why a brand name should be more addictive than a generic term. It's actually the pharmacokinetics, not the branding, that makes a molecule addictive. And Xanax is way stronger than Oxazepam.

But you could also ask for Z-drugs or different short acting Benzos. If they are comfortable to give you Xanax, then everything below should be a piece of cake with some discipline. Ask for the smallest package, so your doc can monitor your behavior.

Umm, I'm not so ignorant to think that a drugs potency is within it's name, lol, nor suspicious of generics. Besides I have Obamacare. I can only ask my street pharmacist for brand names. I was curious as to what to ask for. Laughing

And no 'they' aren't comfortable writing me for benzos. More than likely I'm SOL for any prescription route, unless I see a croaker and I don't have cash for that. I didn't get a 1mg Xanax from my doctor. Wut?

Again, you stumped me, what's a z-drug ?
You must be Canadian, y'all talk funny. Wink

I really think I was falling into a slump, neglecting diet- I'm bad that way, eating is more fulfilling a need than a pleasure most often, and sometimes I literally forget to eat- and basically staying down and vegetating once the sun goes down. I just hadn't the option to do that for so long...

It's a matter of adjusting to a new lifestyle, I'm pretty sure; from being off methadone to being off the streets. It had been so long since I'd had a bed (when I got this place, I hadn't slept in one for 8 months, which would be cool if that's what I wanted but it wasn't) that once i got ahold of this queen size square of softness I maybe was spending too much time reclining. And then all the free down time leads to perseverant thoughts and focusing on pain I'd either been medicating or is due to PAWS. Drugs are a b****, boys and girls, stay in skewl.

Took a good long hike today for exercise, ate a good breakfast and decent dinner, started working-prepping and interior painting- late afternoon and will probably continue for another few hours, and frankly, I'm already tired. Thumbs up
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Ufostrahlen
#25 Posted : 12/12/2015 5:42:01 AM

null24 wrote:
I was curious as to what to ask for. Laughing

I don't know the specific brand names, but have a look here:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-drug
* https://en.wikipedia.org...f_common_benzodiazepines

Than you can look up the overpriced brand names. They even include a Doctor Discussion Guide. Wut?

But they should be reserved for the harder times due to your dependence history. Try the melatonin/valerian route first.

null24
#26 Posted : 12/12/2015 6:13:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ufostrahlen wrote:
null24 wrote:
I was curious as to what to ask for. Laughing

I don't know the specific brand names, but have a look here:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-drug
* https://en.wikipedia.org...f_common_benzodiazepines

Than you can look up the overpriced brand names. They even include a Doctor Discussion Guide. Wut?

But they should be reserved for the harder times due to your dependence history. Try the melatonin/valerian route first.

I'm afraid I made it sound like I'm looking for a pill to rely on, I'm not and was merely curious, when I wiki'ed the pill in question it said there was no brand name and I thought that odd. I was wondering if it's Ativan , many think it's not addictive because of it's low potency but it is, plus I think it's like Valium in that it has an incredibly long half life on the order of weeks.

However I don't know where I came off as supporting big pharma and being desirous of overpriced anything. I know I mentioned a corporate swill merchant earlier, but they were blessed with my presence merely because they were the only place open and I had to get outta the RV. In fact,. I don't think I need to defend my anti establishment tendencies, it's damn near pathological, Big grin Love ya UFO, don't paint me like that!

No, 1 mg of alprazolam was enough benzo for me for a long time. I'm serious about being scared of the withdrawal. Not physical discomfort but seizure, coma and death preceded by psychosis. I kicked a 8 mg daily alprazolam habit in jail and was hallucinating so wildly I thought I was hiking in the woods walking around the pod, my father appeared on TV asking the public to locate me, I asked the c.o. to light my cigarette (which was a pencil) so I could smoke before my ride got there to pick me up ( I still had 20 some odd days on my sentence), at one point, a car backed INTO the pod, crashing through the wall to deliver us real food I doubt y'all believe me that I perceived all these things as unquestioned reality, fully awake and active, but I did and that's just the beginning.

Now I know what psychotics go through as a result of that break and it's scary. I'm lucky I didn't seize up, I had lost coherency to self advocate and staff thought I was crazy. When I started presenting those symptoms after I had gone thru the worst of the heroin detox at the downtown lock up and was transported out to the county facility, they stuck me in the nut hut (actually called pod 13!). Only an astute nurse saved me, and only medicating me with 1mg clonazepam. I very easily could've died in lock up had she not. I've never gone back.

Anyway, yeah, I'll continue reporting on how various things work, as well as how long simply being active and eating right work. For science and all.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

PREV12