We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT induced (uncomfortable/aching) head pressure Options

funkyleggs
#1 Posted : 12/6/2015 8:15:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello Nexus !

First of all i have been intensivly lurking on here for years so let me thank you so much for all the valuable info, i'm very grateful !

So i have a slight issue here that i'd like to get some advice about since i'm a bit at a loose end. I have had a few good shroom trips, followed the next day by pretty bad migraines although i do attribute them to the lack of water absorbed and thus dehydration.

I have been, thanks to you guys, extracting my own DMT from MHRB with some good results using cyb's hybrid TEK. I didn't bother to re-x however since i wanted to see for myself about the unre-xed quality of the DMT first.

So naturally i started experimenting with my DMT with various methods (the machine, changa in bong, and e-cigged DMT after a B.Caapi joint). I have never had a breakthrough (not ready for it i guess) and the best i had in terms of visuals were CEV's with huge geometric patterns falling on me or me passing at hyper-speed through a geometric landscape. I have also experimented with low doses to kind ease my way into the DMT feelings and have found them quite relaxing.

The issue is, that every time a take DMT, especially the higher doses (but also noticeable on low doses) i experience an immense "rush" of energy in my body that kind of densifies in my head creating intense pressure, on a few occasions it felt like my head was going to explode (it physically hurt me on changa). At first i thought it was a normal DMT body load effect but truely after a few tries i do feel something is a bit "wrong" about it. It's quite uncomfortable and makes me not enjoy the the experience as much as i want to.

I have thought about some explanations for it:
-Third-eye chakra way too energized
-Dmt flooding in central nervous system creating pressure
-High blood pressure in the brain (potentially dangerous)
-Anxiety creating a physical barrier response
-DMT not pure enough (residues/plant oils screwing things up)

The thing is, i have no idea what it could be so i will make a third extraction with a re-x this time to see if it is in fact the DMT purity that causes it, other than that i would love to have some feedback from you guys regarding this issue, any ideas, did something similar happen to you ?

PS: On another note, (speaking more easily french than english) i have taken the liberty to translate the entirety of Cyb's Hybrid TEK in French with a few edits to fit the french laguage better. Are you guys interested in me sharing it with you ?
I'm also considering translating Gibran's Caapi Harmala TEK if you would like it too.
Let me know if it could be of use !

THANK YOU !
Tayata OM Bekandze Bekandze Maha Bekandze Radza Samudgate Soha

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

#2 Posted : 12/6/2015 8:24:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

funkyleggs wrote:
Hello Nexus !

First of all i have been intensivly lurking on here for years so let me thank you so much for all the valuable info, i'm very grateful !

So i have a slight issue here that i'd like to get some advice about since i'm a bit at a loose end. I have had a few good shroom trips, followed the next day by pretty bad migraines although i do attribute them to the lack of water absorbed and thus dehydration.

I have been, thanks to you guys, extracting my own DMT from MHRB with some good results using cyb's hybrid TEK. I didn't bother to re-x however since i wanted to see for myself about the unre-xed quality of the DMT first.

So naturally i started experimenting with my DMT with various methods (the machine, changa in bong, and e-cigged DMT after a B.Caapi joint). I have never had a breakthrough (not ready for it i guess) and the best i had in terms of visuals were CEV's with huge geometric patterns falling on me or me passing at hyper-speed through a geometric landscape. I have also experimented with low doses to kind ease my way into the DMT feelings and have found them quite relaxing.

The issue is, that every time a take DMT, especially the higher doses (but also noticeable on low doses) i experience an immense "rush" of energy in my body that kind of densifies in my head creating intense pressure, on a few occasions it felt like my head was going to explode (it physically hurt me on changa). At first i thought it was a normal DMT body load effect but truely after a few tries i do feel something is a bit "wrong" about it. It's quite uncomfortable and makes me not enjoy the the experience as much as i want to.

I have thought about some explanations for it:
-Third-eye chakra way too energized
-Dmt flooding in central nervous system creating pressure
-High blood pressure in the brain (potentially dangerous)
-Anxiety creating a physical barrier response
-DMT not pure enough (residues/plant oils screwing things up)

The thing is, i have no idea what it could be so i will make a third extraction with a re-x this time to see if it is in fact the DMT purity that causes it, other than that i would love to have some feedback from you guys regarding this issue, any ideas, did something similar happen to you ?

PS: On another note, (speaking more easily french than english) i have taken the liberty to translate the entirety of Cyb's Hybrid TEK in French with a few edits to fit the french laguage better. Are you guys interested in me sharing it with you ?
I'm also considering translating Gibran's Caapi Harmala TEK if you would like it too.

THANK YOU !

The rushing pressure can build to very intense levels. It's a part of it. Sometimes it builds quickly then dissipates into breakthrough. Sometimes it builds and builds to uncomfortable levels to where you think you couldn't possibly handle any more ..but then it just keeps escalating, even once you've broken through. Razz

It's a variable phenomena. Learn to not fight it in any way - mentally, physically, etc. Trust it. Ime, this is when things change.

funkyleggs
#3 Posted : 12/7/2015 8:05:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So it really is a normal body effect to get that intense pressure in the skull ? I have done a lot of searching about it and i only came across one post that talked about that phenomena. Even then people didn't really seem to know about that kind of headload.
The purity of my DMT has nothing to do with the amount of pressure experienced ?

If that is the case then i'm pretty releived, i thought my body didn't respond well to dmt somehow and i was anxious to breakthrough due to it.

Spiralout
#4 Posted : 12/7/2015 8:28:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i doubt the purity is an issueaslong as the materials and process are fine

just be sure your not taking any oter chemicals if yout take harmalas or other maois and if yo do then do polenty of reasearch to be sure its safe; many are conntraidicited .

pressure is par for course for many times with pure material with no additives

funkyleggs
#5 Posted : 12/7/2015 8:51:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"pressure is par for course for many times with pure material with no additives"

Could you rephrase please i have no idea what that means.

#6 Posted : 12/7/2015 12:26:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

funkyleggs wrote:
So it really is a normal body effect to get that intense pressure in the skull ? I have done a lot of searching about it and i only came across one post that talked about that phenomena. Even then people didn't really seem to know about that kind of headload.
The purity of my DMT has nothing to do with the amount of pressure experienced ?

If that is the case then i'm pretty releived, i thought my body didn't respond well to dmt somehow and i was anxious to breakthrough due to it.

As I said above - it's variable. For me personally, different levels of pressure can come about in different ways. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. These uncomfortable pressures can come about often while in a sub-breakthrough state. In general sub-breakthrough states can/are pretty uncomfortable for many people.

It's like you're working to get over this hill ...strugglin strugglin (pressure/uncomfortable feelings), then you don't make it all the way over and you come tumbling back down. This is alot of how a breakthrough is for me - getting over this initial hump, this initial buildup of effects, some of which can really test you at times. But if the method/dosage doesn't deliver you fully into a breakthrough then it's alot like trudging through a gauntlet of effects without ever reaching the point to where all those effects give way.

Then again, this isn't the whole picture. There's been many experiences to where during breakthrough, there were often times pressure, feelings, vibratory qualities that would target various parts of my face and build in specific spots (nose, ears, forehead, chin, etc). There were times in the beginning when I would be alarmed. I learned to just go with it.

pitubo
#7 Posted : 12/7/2015 12:37:19 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Hello funkyleggs!

funkyleggs wrote:

Nobody replied to this part of your OP. I think it is a great idea to have good translations. Why don't you create a new thread for it in the "Collaborative Research Project" subforum and post the current results of your efforts there?

funkyleggs
#8 Posted : 12/7/2015 2:27:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Tattvamasi ! I must say it is such a relief to read your response !
I will have to aim for the breakthrough then.
Your feedback is very very appreciated !

Quote:
Nobody replied to this part of your OP. I think it is a great idea to have good translations. Why don't you create a new thread for it in the "Collaborative Research Project" subforum and post the current results of your efforts there?

Will do !

Noisy
#9 Posted : 12/12/2015 12:01:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Funkyleggs!
I would also advise you to check your blood pressure, just to be sure.
It can easily be made with an electronic bracelet (not really expensive) and a sitter who will check it while you experience this head pressure.
DMT can induce high blood pressure (according to R. Strassman clinical trials) by itself. So, I think you should better check it. If blood pressure stays in a normal range (it is normal to see a moderate increase), you will be far more relaxed when you will experience this incredible rush again!

Jaffster
#10 Posted : 12/12/2015 4:12:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great advice above as always.

I share in your experience, as I also get the intense 'pressure', sometimes right throughout my skull but usually around my sinuses and in-between my eyes. It's part and parcel of my trips.

Extraction tek is important, smoking tek is important but I think how you react and consciously react to DMT is also just as important. If you're taking in these feelings, worrying about the head pressure then you're (IMO) taking away from the trip. To suffer true ego death, you need to forget about the piece of meat that your conciousness is going to leave.

Just remember, no matter what happens your body will continue to breathe, your heart will continue to pump, your naturally bodily functions will continue to operate without 'the controller' ie; you, being in control. Release yourself from your body, suffer ego death and only then will you see what's on the other side.

If your blood pressure is fine and you've had DMT with no bad/lasting effects then you have nothing to worry about.

TGO
#11 Posted : 12/12/2015 8:05:13 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

If it helps, I get that pressure sometimes too. Sometimes it is accompanied by the carrier wave and it feels like I might explode, quite a unique feeling. Back when it happened for the very first time I thought I was having a medical emergency thinking things like, "oh man, this is it, I've pushed it too far!! I'm dead! I'm dead! I'm dead!"

Obviously I'm not dead.

Big grin

Edit: I should mention that it never felt painful. Most of the time it is intense pressure until I literally "pop" or "break" through to the other side.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Al-Wasi
#12 Posted : 12/12/2015 8:24:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you watch dmt the spirit molecule the film one of the research volunteers said he had such intense pressure in his head concentrated into one spot that he actually thought something was going to burst through his head and rip it open.

While I've never experienced this but seems quite common. That being said seeing as it's known to raise blood pressure is suggest considering it may in fact be a truly physical situation and to try and take your BP during a experience.

DMT is so powerful in its activity that it may be nothing more then part of the experience. However it's better to be safe then sorry in case it may potentially be elevating your BP to unsafe levels.
That moment when you wonder if this time you went too far....

Obviously everything discussed here is the fictional accounts of someone with an out there imagination. I mean really could any of these tales be real?

funkyleggs
#13 Posted : 12/12/2015 9:31:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Al-Wasi wrote:
If you watch dmt the spirit molecule the film one of the research volunteers said he had such intense pressure in his head concentrated into one spot that he actually thought something was going to burst through his head and rip it open.

While I've never experienced this but seems quite common. That being said seeing as it's known to raise blood pressure is suggest considering it may in fact be a truly physical situation and to try and take your BP during a experience.

DMT is so powerful in its activity that it may be nothing more then part of the experience. However it's better to be safe then sorry in case it may potentially be elevating your BP to unsafe levels.

That is exactly what i'm feeling during the trip. It feels as if my skull is seconds away from bursting open to let out this immense energy rush that seems uncontainable. I'll have to re-watch the spirit molecule since i don't remember that part.

The blood pressure test during the trip is a wise idea, i did not think of that!
I will report back once it is done.

Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome!

Dn588
#14 Posted : 12/12/2015 10:42:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi

Often during Ayahuasca experiences I had this head pressure but probably not as intense. I often felt the top of my head being squeezed and then released again several times... i've had it on mushrooms as well where the first time it happened I thought I was dying and tried to convince everyone around me that I need to get medical help... A while ago I had a bacterial sinus infection and had a similar intense pressure which makes me wonder if it could be related... Definitely check your BP next time as that's also a possibility.
“Nature loves courage. You make the commitment and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up. This is the trick. This is what all these teachers and philosophers who really counted, who really touched the alchemical gold, this is what they understood. This is the shamanic dance in the waterfall. This is how magic is done. By hurling yourself into the abyss and discovering its a feather bed.”
(Terence McKenna)

instig
#15 Posted : 12/12/2015 11:40:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What everyone else has said, the pressure builds and then you break through, it often feels like the skull will explode. I noticed on occasion that this pressure can also move in waves...a different feeling than you describe but it feels like "electrical charge" or some kind of energy builds up in areas of the brain and then flows very quickly to another part and leaves the body this usually happens sub breakthrough, feels very strange.

TGO
#16 Posted : 12/12/2015 11:59:52 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

It definitely feels like electric waves at times...that is a good way to put it, instig. I've noticed that it can vary greatly. For instance, there have been a couple of times where the breakthrough was instant...no carrier wave, no pressure, just BAM, and I'm there. That was with pure FB spice though, not changa or anything like that where the journey comes on a bit slower.

On other occasions it is like others have said with varying degrees of intensity.

But I am more curious about the blood pressure issue. Does anyone know if there have been any reported cases of people having a heart attack or stroke because of the rise in blood pressure while on DMT? I understand that if you have high BP already it is probably wise to steer clear of things that potentially make the BP spike. But considering the safety profile of DMT it seems like it would be a rare occurrence, if anything.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

instig
#17 Posted : 12/13/2015 6:15:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Could be an interesting experiment to have someone take your blood pressure during the experience...this way you will see for sure how it affects blood pressure on your own physiology.

Intezam
#18 Posted : 12/13/2015 10:28:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What happens if you omit salt (2-3 days prior) from your diet?

instig
#19 Posted : 12/13/2015 11:01:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Not sure, im yet to do an extended fast.
Now i just remembered on a few occasions when this pressure waves arise and i become aware of it i have had conscious control over them to some degree and when focused into the center of the head it opened up the experience can even say it turned into a "breakthrough" thinking back it was a matter of aligning the left and right hemispheres of the brain and pushing this "energy" into the middle where they join. Sorry if this isn't clear I'm sure there is maybe a better way to word this.

Zodnas
#20 Posted : 12/13/2015 4:40:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There's a phenomenon known as 'exploding head syndrome' or EHS. I believe it happened to me once when I smoked some spice in a very sleep deprived state. I've felt pressure before but this was different, and not very pleasant. You may want to read about it, maybe dmt can trigger EHS under the right conditions?

12NEXT