We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mushrooms + Mapacho Tobacco, productive? bad? perfect? Options

explorer7
#1 Posted : 12/1/2015 5:49:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a long time aya navigator I found smoking mapacho tobacco before taking aya to be very useful.

I have some liberty caps ready for journeying.

In your experience, does smoking mapacho before ingesting the sacred mushroom add or invigorate or positively affect the journey?

Is it counter-productive?

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

anne halonium
#2 Posted : 12/1/2015 8:59:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

we eat enough so it doesnt matter what we smoke.
we worry less about fire that way also.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

explorer7
#3 Posted : 12/1/2015 9:35:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't agree at all
Quantity doesn't yield quality when it comes to sacred healing, especially if true healing and spiritual development of these medicines is concerned.

Getting high and seeing stuff ... not into that. Waste of sacred medicine.

The power of the tobacco is pure crystal Light ... amazingly powerful and healing.

Wondering if anyone has used it in connection to the sacred mushroom.
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 12/1/2015 10:01:11 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Can't say I have but I'm interested to hear others experiences, especially from those who find it useful with aya. I've had beautiful experiences smoking caapi leaf in a bong on mushrooms but never tobacco.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anne halonium
#5 Posted : 12/2/2015 7:13:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:

Getting high and seeing stuff ... not into that. Waste of sacred medicine.

were into it.
no shortage of medicine......sacred grower.

i dont see how it would be much different than chain smoking cigs tripping.

smoking passionflowers.....
now THATS a thing to smoke that really adds pizzaz to boomers.
"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

travsha
#6 Posted : 12/2/2015 9:55:25 PM

Share Love ~

Mapacho is great with mushrooms. Its great with any plant medicine.

Mostly it is great because of the spirit but beyond that it also contains 2 MAOI's and also nicotine which is a stimulate that helps focus the mind. The energy of the plant is great - protector, healer, teacher.

I smoke it before or during or after depending on my mood. Rape' snuff is also great with mushrooms - especially if you get overly disoriented and need to re-focus a bit (the snuff is usually mostly mapacho).

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 12/4/2016 4:45:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I experienced mushrooms (5g dry cubensis) in a ceremonial setting in a park one night with a few friends, and we smoked mapacho during. The mushrooms and the mapacho really seemed to get on...the visuals seem to liven up and seemed to focus on and swirl around the mapacho, like they were interested in it and checking it out. I have a good amount of mapacho from Peru and a nice pipe, so plan on exploring this combination more in the future.

Cognitive Heart
#8 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:16:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

explorer7 wrote:
In your experience, does smoking mapacho before ingesting the sacred mushroom add or invigorate or positively affect the journey?

Is it counter-productive?

Ime, utilizing elder tobacco before, during or after a mushroom experience can be beneficial for exploration and integration. Especially as outdoor incense. It's definitely invigorating but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll always be a positive feeling. I don't have experience with Mapacho rustica but authentic tobacco sources can be found locally, too. Tobacco is both a powerful giver and taker. Striking a safe, balanced dose is key. There's a strange but comforting synergy between the two sacred allies, absolutely. Whether one is blowing tobacco smoke or for inhalation purposes(of which I cannot advocate).
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Swayambhu
#9 Posted : 3/29/2017 10:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to have tobacco handy with mushrooms. The tobacco ritual is a tremendous "up yours" to the power of psychic entropy, and I find, in small doses, tobacco's effect to be very grounding. I am also old enough that I associate tobacco smoking with manliness, strength, bonhomie and civilization.
I like to smoke cigarillos or roll-ups with pure latakia.

syberdelic
#10 Posted : 3/30/2017 2:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I used to smoke. When I went to the jungle to do Ayahuasca, there was mapacho being consumed during the ceremony and I managed to smoke half a cigarette. Something flipped in me that night and I now find all tobacco smoke to be absolutely repulsive. And I really don't understand the argument that mapacho is safer. Tobacco is one of the most harmful and addictive drugs around and mapacho is no exception.