We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help end the war on drugs! Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 9/25/2009 8:51:34 PM

JC

Seen this on drugs forum, good idea!

Get them to send you a boxed set of info.

http://www.drugfreeworld.../freei...gs-information

Each set contains 14 booklets, a DVD and some other crap. Each set needs to be sent through the mail. Every time they send one out, they spend money. If EVERYONE here asked for one for them selves and three other friends, that would hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of material. If everyone of you convinced a few other freinds to do the same, posted this to other internet sites, and started convincing millions of drug users to get their "free" boxed set, they'll be spending shit tons of money.

This tactic works! The gay community did this to Focus on the Family a few years ago and it cost them a TON of money and resulted in them shutting down their "by donation" system.

Not only do they spend money on the shipping and materials, but to pay the people packaging them, it messes with their numbers and throws off their data.

Don't forget in the box where they ask "what describes you" enter "substance abuse coordinator"!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/25/2009 9:24:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what about all the costs to mother earth for printing/production of all this material and the transport? Isnt it a bit selfish, if you think of the practical consequences? I dont think this will make much a difference in war on drugs, but it will definitely create a real strain on our already scarred planet.

but thats just my opinion of course, do as you feel is right Pleased

psychosisdoses
#3 Posted : 9/25/2009 9:24:28 PM

Derek

i dunno good idea but id be sketched out giving them my address... dig
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 9/25/2009 9:36:35 PM

JC

Och I said I was a drugs counsellor, though no operations are going on at my flat but I cant see how it would be dodgy, they think your anti-drugs? Confused

I feel its an ok thing to do endlessness, so I signed up and signed up 5 of my pals. I dont buy global warming propoganda either so I feel its right.

Touche Guevara
#5 Posted : 9/25/2009 11:09:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infinite I wrote:
Och I said I was a drugs counsellor, though no operations are going on at my flat but I cant see how it would be dodgy, they think your anti-drugs? Confused

I feel its an ok thing to do endlessness, so I signed up and signed up 5 of my pals. I dont buy global warming propoganda either so I feel its right.

Opiyum
#6 Posted : 9/26/2009 12:33:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
what about all the costs to mother earth for printing/production of all this material and the transport? Isnt it a bit selfish, if you think of the practical consequences? I dont think this will make much a difference in war on drugs, but it will definitely create a real strain on our already scarred planet.

but thats just my opinion of course, do as you feel is right Pleased

I would agree with this sentiment. It's like basing who you vote for just by their drug policy. The drug war sucks and imprisons non-violent citizens every day but there are far more important issues in this world and in this country.

How much money do you suppose comes from private donations and from the government?
Do you think that an increase in the distribution of these packages could maybe have the reverse effect. Making the supporters believe even more that they are really getting their message across and thus more money should be donated?

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 9/26/2009 1:30:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hahaha they want to ban alcohol, painkillers and prescription drugs?

If their goal were ever accomplished they'd probably next try to ban psychiatry, sex and garlic bread. Don't inflate their egos by giving their website hits.

P.s. please don't link through anonym, not everyone trusts sites like that, just miss off the www. instead so people have to cut and paste. Smile
[EDIT: sorry, I just came back to say I realised ALL links posted on Nexus are going via this anoniem.org site...]
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:11:42 AM

Teotzlcoatl

If that site used actual truthful information and removed Cannabis from their list of "bad drugs" (I was very pleased to see alcohol listed right next to heroin and cocaine) I'd have no problem supporting that site.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Mycokris
#9 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:28:57 AM

The Amazing Me

i signed up and sent a few emails out
Recently released from a Psychiatric Hospital, Don't believe anything IT says.

Infinite I
#10 Posted : 9/26/2009 9:48:11 AM

JC

Touche Guevara wrote:
Infinite I wrote:

Is that all you can post? A picture of a cartoon character? Confused Actually after after posting the bit you highlighted, why I dont know?? But after posting that bit I thought what endlessness says isnt the same as global warming, which is b/s propoganda, but in my opinion its something worth doing against this nonsense. People are falling to the system, their lives ruined, unable to work in certain jobs for life, criminal records for life or worst case scenario time in jail, think how ridiculous this is when you think of what weed is. Imagine going to jail for growing plants or having a bit of hash one time too many, total facism though im sure most folks here are aware of these things so imo anything to end this facism we live under can help, I totally understand folks reasons for not wanting to.

Quote:
http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php

Cool Link Cool

Quote:
Hahaha they want to ban alcohol, painkillers and prescription drugs?

I thought I read that, total looneys, people like them have to be stopped!

endlessness
#11 Posted : 9/26/2009 10:30:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I wasnt talking about specifically global warming.. For example, did you know that for every cellphone produced, there are about 70 kilos of waste products? Everything produced has tons of waste products, and the effects in the ecosystem for the extraction of oil for the transport, not to mention affecting global warming, yes, and so on and so on..

Dont be so quick to call global warming as BS if it has been thoroughly demonstrated that the natural cycles of warming (and freezing) and C02 levels have NEVER, for the tens of thousands of years analysed in deep ice layers, been anywhere remotely near the levels we are in today.. It is obvious that there are natural variations over long periods of times (which seems to be the major, and might I say, very poor argument of the global warming non-believers) but it is also obvious that humans have made a huge impact on earth in an unprecedent manner.. If you make your own research and look at the graphs you see how ridiculous it is comparing the natural warming variations and C02 levels with what we have reached today... The anti-global-warming 'experts' seem to bring more propaganda than anyone

Lastly, even if the C02 and global warming deals were untrue, this shouldnt be an excuse for destructive or excessive behavior. It is a fact, whether you like it or not, that human action is unsustainable in many levels, but the problem is that the response and consequences are usually far away in space and/or time, so our rational mind doesnt make a strong enough connection between our actions and the problems for us to realize that we are directly responsible for a lot of shit... But I think it is our responsibility to dig deep and think of the different ramifications of our behavior and really really question if what we are doing is good or not.

But believe what you want and do as your conscience tells you, I cant act for you and you cant act for me... I stand in my point that asking some anti drug group to send informative folders will help in nothing in a broader sense, as ohayoco said will only tickle their egos, and will definitely not change drug policies which are far removed from these lesser righteous bastards, but rather based on government and UN measures which could care less if some anti drug people are having hard time printing catalogues to drug councelors. Maybe even it will be counter-productive because they can start showing stats about how more and more people across the world are interested in anti-drug information, and when they report this to leaders it can give impression they are winning, reinforcing their measures.

On the other hand, as I mentioned, asking for more of these folders will have a direct and real impact on earth, just like it happens when one buys or transports anything. Maybe its just me but I think we should avoid transporting/buying/producing things unless we really consider it necessary. But whatever

Infinite I
#12 Posted : 9/26/2009 12:59:09 PM

JC

endlessness wrote:
yes I wasnt talking about specifically global warming.. For example, did you know that for every cellphone produced, there are about 70 kilos of waste products? Everything produced has tons of waste products, and the effects in the ecosystem for the extraction of oil for the transport, not to mention affecting global warming, yes, and so on and so on..

Dont be so quick to call global warming as BS if it has been thoroughly demonstrated that the natural cycles of warming (and freezing) and C02 levels have NEVER, for the tens of thousands of years analysed in deep ice layers, been anywhere remotely near the levels we are in today.. It is obvious that there are natural variations over long periods of times (which seems to be the major, and might I say, very poor argument of the global warming non-believers) but it is also obvious that humans have made a huge impact on earth in an unprecedent manner.. If you make your own research and look at the graphs you see how ridiculous it is comparing the natural warming variations and C02 levels with what we have reached today... The anti-global-warming 'experts' seem to bring more propaganda than anyone

Lastly, even if the C02 and global warming deals were untrue, this shouldnt be an excuse for destructive or excessive behavior. It is a fact, whether you like it or not, that human action is unsustainable in many levels, but the problem is that the response and consequences are usually far away in space and/or time, so our rational mind doesnt make a strong enough connection between our actions and the problems for us to realize that we are directly responsible for a lot of shit... But I think it is our responsibility to dig deep and think of the different ramifications of our behavior and really really question if what we are doing is good or not.

But believe what you want and do as your conscience tells you, I cant act for you and you cant act for me... I stand in my point that asking some anti drug group to send informative folders will help in nothing in a broader sense, as ohayoco said will only tickle their egos, and will definitely not change drug policies which are far removed from these lesser righteous bastards, but rather based on government and UN measures which could care less if some anti drug people are having hard time printing catalogues to drug councelors. Maybe even it will be counter-productive because they can start showing stats about how more and more people across the world are interested in anti-drug information, and when they report this to leaders it can give impression they are winning, reinforcing their measures.

On the other hand, as I mentioned, asking for more of these folders will have a direct and real impact on earth, just like it happens when one buys or transports anything. Maybe its just me but I think we should avoid transporting/buying/producing things unless we really consider it necessary. But whatever

Fair enough you make a lot of good points. I dont know where your from but here in the UK the pro global warming propoganda is ridiculous and just that, propoganda, to make us pay green taxes and create fear. You get guys in the news every so often on a slow day going to the north pole saying were doomed and Britain will be under the sea at some point. A lot of these theories are based on computer simulations, which are just that, simulations. imo they just dont know and use it as something else to tax us and get us worried about. Apparantly were coming out of a mini ice age from 1850 so the planet is bound to warm up, we were also warned this past summer it was going to be the warmest ever, due to global warming, and it didnt happen. The kyoto agreements goal is to have the world's temperature just one degree cooler than now, thats not a lot really. How can they control things anyway, what with planetary cycles, which are real.

I agree that the way we go about things isnt sustainable, but the governments arent going to do anything about it, theyll just peddle the lie that we have to do something, by eh paying more taxes, using lighbulbs filled with mercury, more expensive flights and other stupid things. Id recomend a book called State of Fear by Michael Crichton, lots of info in that about global warming, though granted it probably is anti-global warming.

Arent we a natural bi-product of the planet anyway? Rather than trying to control our environment let it evolve naturally, Though I do agree that we shouldnt be so wreckless. When the white man tried to control yellowstone park they made a total arse of it, and created more damage by doing that than letting things evolve naturally. Say we destroy ourselves with nuclear weapons in a world war, the whole planet is a wasteland etc. The planet will eventually re-generate itsself in around 10000 years, thats not much time in planetary terms. I honestly dont buy into this whole we can save the planet stuff, I agree we should try better to live in harmony with nature but the planets been here far longer than us and isnt as easily destroyed as we think.

I think its a grey area, their are both sides to it, just I dont beleive anything the governments tell me, because their usually lying to line their pockets.

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 9/26/2009 2:52:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It's a no-brainer. If global warming is real and we ignore it, everybody dies. If global warming isn't real (despite the evidence) then we will have benefited by developing new technologies before the oil runs out and will have become more efficient so less stress will be placed on the planet as populations rise. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by becoming greener.

Incidentally, we are about to enter a brief period of global cooling that will disguise the damage of climate change. When the brief period of cooling stops, BLAM! Climate war, population migration, totalitarianism, ethnic cleansing, complete economic depression... we will see it all if we don't act now if climate change is as real as scientific consensus believes. Governments cannot hide from this any longer, and that is why they are slowly beginning to act.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Touche Guevara
#14 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:11:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The fact that we are severely impacting the climate is not really up for debate. When one side has the world's scientists, and the other has Sarah Palin, I don't expect to change my opinion any time soon.

Global Warming is something of a misnomer though. It's more accurate to say Global Climate Change, since some areas will get warmer and some will get colder. The point is that eventually you reach a tipping point, when the destabilization of natural systems becomes self-perpetuating. For example, the arctic regions help reflect a lot of solar radiation. The vast white spaces are like our hat. Now, if the earth's average temperature keeps rising and the ice caps keep melting, eventually they will continue melting at a rate we can't counter, which will further diminish their protective abilities, which will continue heating the earth.

What's important to realize is that the earth won't die. Even if we leave this place a nuclear wasteland, life will continue somewhere. But it won't be humans, and I would kind of like my species to not die out. We need to reduce our impact, and if the vapid baby boomers and suburbanites need to be taxed against their will to keep them from driving SUVs and whatnot, then I am totally fine with that. If Paris Hilton doesn't have the vaguest understanding of science, but is influenced to do the right thing by propaganda, then I'm fine with that to.

endlessness
#15 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:20:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

exactly, its not that the whole earth will die, for sure there will be some cockroaches or some sulfur or atomic resistant organisms deep inside some volcanic rocks or whatever, but point is, we are creating a whole lot of unnecessary suffering, and diminishing the chances of our own race, of our children and grandchildren, to be here and enjoy from all this amazing beauty that we can still enjoy.

(but quite funny how off topic we got, sorry for that inf.. hehe)

Infinite I
#16 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:51:35 PM

JC

Thats cool endlessness, I dont mind going off topic its kind of like having conversations, they evolve. Ive been given into trouble on a football forum for doing that a lot, heaven forbid you change the topic Rolling eyes lol

I would also like my species to continue obviously, you all make a lot of good points and im inclined to agree with you just I am quite cynical and again think there are a lot of grey areas with global warming/climate change. I just struggle to beleive what im told by the likes of Al Gore christ!

Quote:
It's a no-brainer. If global warming is real and we ignore it, everybody dies. If global warming isn't real (despite the evidence) then we will have benefited by developing new technologies before the oil runs out and will have become more efficient so less stress will be placed on the planet as populations rise. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain by becoming greener.

Yes true but I think governments have access to technology thats held back to keep their oil monopolys on the go to make profit and keep us relying on them. I mean if free energy machines do exist, which theres a good chance of imo you think the governments would release them, not bloody likely theyd rather keep making money off us from oil and green taxes, they dont care about the planet they only care about control and profit, as I said im cynical lol

Anyhoo I ordered 5 of they anti-drugs packs, down with drugfreeworld! lol

soulfood
#17 Posted : 9/26/2009 4:55:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Infinite I wrote:

Fair enough you make a lot of good points. I dont know where your from but here in the UK the pro global warming propoganda is ridiculous and just that, propoganda, to make us pay green taxes and create fear.

I'm actually all for green taxes. Especially taxation for homes that do not have some source of renewable energy in the next 5 years. I didn't reach these conclusions because I'm afraid, but because I think they're a good idea, but I don't think there's much point in preaching greener politics when the government agenda is clearly headed in the other direction, bigger airports and what not.

But back to the point, I've ordered myself an info pack. Those tihngs are always funny snyway.

The Nail
#18 Posted : 10/10/2009 7:20:30 AM

Danail

that website is comic gold!
Life's a game. All the worlds a stage. And all the people players.