We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
yeah... it's released when you're born and when you die Options

gimpy
#1 Posted : 10/11/2007 3:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find myself saying that quite a bit when explaining what dmt is. but is there any actual proof for this? i imagine it would be near impossible to measure. is it purely a hypothesis? or is there any actual research into this? i don't want to be spreading an urban myth. i've read straussman's book, but it was a long time ago. was it printed in there as a truth or theory? nb: originally posted in philosophy/spiritual section.
To fathom hell or soar angelic, take a pinch of psychedelic....

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

XENONSION
#2 Posted : 10/11/2007 4:02:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

as quoted from "The Spirit Molecule"... [i:b68f46c730]Equally important is that DMT occurs in our bodies. We produce it naturally. Our brain seeks it out, pulls it in, and readily digests it. As an endogenous psychedelic, DMT may be involved in naturally occurring psychedelic states that have nothing to do with taking drugs, but whose similarities to drug-induced conditions are striking. While these states certainly can include psychosis, we must also include in our discussion conditions outside of mental illness. It may be upon endogenous DMT's wings that we experience other life-changing states of mind associated with birth, death, and near-death, entity or alien contact experiences, and mystical/spiritual consciousness. The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or forty-nine days, after conception. Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender. Before this time, the sex of the fetus is indeterminate, or unknown. Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male and female gender, appear at the same time. These hypotheses are not proven, but they derive from scientifically valid data combined with spiritual and religious observations and teachings. Many of these ideas are testable using available tools and methods. The implications of these theories are profound and disturbing but also create a context of hope and promise. The most general hypothesis is that the pineal gland produces psychedelic amounts of DMT at extraordinary times in our lives. Pineal DMT production is the physical representation of non-material, or energetic, processes. It provides us with the vehicle to consciously experience the movement of our life-force in its most extreme manifestations. Specific examples of this phenomenon are the following: When our individual life force enters our fetal body, the moment in which we become truly human, it passes through the pineal and triggers the first primordial flood of DMT. Later, at birth, the pineal releases more DMT. In some of us, pineal DMT mediates the pivotal experiences of deep meditation, psychosis, and near-death experiences. As we die, the life-force leaves the body through the pineal gland, releasing another flood of this psychedelic spirit molecule. The pineal gland contains the necessary building blocks to make DMT. For example, it possesses the highest levels of serotonin anywhere in the body, and serotonin is a crucial precursor for pineal melatonin. The pineal also has the ability to convert serotonin to tryptamine, a critical step in DMT formation. The unique enzymes that convert serotonin, melatonin, or tryptamine into psychedelic compounds also are present in extraordinarily high concentrations in the pineal. These enzymes, the methyltransferases, attach a methyl group—that is, one carbon and three hydrogens—onto other molecules, thus methylating them. Simply methylate tryptamine twice, and we have di-methyl-tryptamine, or DMT. Because it possesses the high levels of the necessary enzymes and precursors, the pineal gland is the most reasonable place for DMT formation to occur. Surprisingly, no one has looked for DMT in the pineal. The pineal gland also makes other potentially mind-altering substances, the beta-carbolines. These compounds inhibit the breakdown of DMT by the body's monoamine oxidases (MAO). One of the most striking examples of how beta-carbolines work is ayahuasca. Certain plants that contain betacarbolines are combined with other plants that contain DMT to make this psychedelic Amazonian brew, which allows the DMT to become orally active. If it weren't for the beta-carbolines, MAO in the gut would rapidly destroy this swallowed DMT, and it would have no effect on our minds. It is uncertain whether beta-carbolines by themselves are psychedelic. However, they do markedly enhance the effects of DMT. Thus, the pineal gland may produce both DMT and chemicals that magnify and prolong its effects. I already knew that the Tibetan Buddhist Book of the Dead teaches that it takes forty-nine days for the soul of the recently dead to "reincarnate." That is, seven weeks from the time of death of one person elapses until the life-force's "rebirth" into its next body. I remember very clearly, several years later, feeling the chill along my spine when, reading my textbook of human fetal development, I discovered this same forty-nineday interval marking two landmark events in human embryo formation. It takes forty-nine days from conception for the first signs of the human pineal to appear. Forty-nine days is also when the fetus differentiates into male or female gender. Thus the soul's rebirth, the pineal, and the sexual organs all require forty-nine days before they manifest.[/i:b68f46c730]

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

DZ-015
#3 Posted : 10/11/2007 4:23:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Question. If psychosis were caused by DMT being released, why are most psychotic hallucinations and delusions very non-psychedelic?
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove that what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. Romans 12:2

cilosyb
#4 Posted : 10/12/2007 6:31:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As has been said, most of the "facts" about DMT are PURE speculation. I get weary of people who start explaining that DMT is a birth/death thing or is involved with dreaming. Spreading [b:2be01b318b]any[/b:2be01b318b] misinformation about drugs should be avoided. If you don't know what you're talking about don't talk. Personally the "it gets released when you die" thing doesn't really add up to me. If someone gets shot in the head by a tank there is no possible chance that DMT is going to be released. So what would that mean...their spirit never gets to leave their body Rolling eyes ? Or what about people who're born with a mutated pineal gland? Do they have no soul? Maybe that explains Republicans. Scientifically speaking, DMT is a total mystery. The only way to understand the stuff IMO is to don a hyperspace suit and jump in headfirst. [quote:2be01b318b="DZ-015"]Question. If psychosis were caused by DMT being released, why are most psychotic hallucinations and delusions very non-psychedelic?[/quote:2be01b318b] I don't think there is any link between DMT and psychosis myself. If psychotics were in a DMT state all the time I doubt they'd be complaining about much.
DivineMedicinalTechnology