We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Just me or does this place seem inactive? Options

anrchy
#21 Posted : 12/3/2015 1:11:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been busy at home with more than a few projects, including but not limited to self improvement. Smile plus theres, you know, snowboarding to be had. My favorite way to meditate... hittin the slopes!
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Koornut
#22 Posted : 12/3/2015 1:35:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
Smile plus theres, you know, snowboarding to be had. My favorite way to meditate... hittin the slopes!

Seconded Drool

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

TreehouseChemist
#23 Posted : 12/3/2015 1:56:32 AM

Lost Soul

spacexplorer wrote:
If you push the limits on here, you will be banned or ostracized. Therefore there is less "pushing the limits" and the only "pushing the limits" occurs within certain boundaries. Therefore the current material gets old and stagnant and people eventually get tired or bored of it and quit. Make no mistake this forum has an agenda to be perceived by the mainstream community as a group of responsible spiritual drug takers and they wouldn't risk tarnishing their reputation in any way. They don't seem to be about challenging the norm, but rather accepting it and hopefully legalizing a few choice substances.

^
I came close to being perm banned a couple times and didn't want to lose access completely so I took a break. I only recently started visiting again, and try to keep my contributions minimal and helpful (I've seen a couple people have their account permanently banned for speaking their mind too openly). I don't have experiences that often anymore and there are more experienced chemists on the forum so I don't feel I have much to contribute, but there are a couple areas that I have more experience than most in so I contribute there when I can. Also, there are only a handful of frequent topics on the forum (cactus, fungus, spice) so a lot of information is repeated with minor adjustments. I was off the forum for 6 months or so and don't see a lot of new chem information (there are only so many ways to isolate alkaloids from plant material at home, and synth talk isn't allowed), so visiting every day has diminishing returns.

That being said, there is still a lot of useful info on the site and the community is generally friendly and helpful, so I still like to visit Smile

-Treehouse
Life is effort and I'll stop when I die!
21:26:26 ‹Adept1›It's as close to a fact as you can get
Loose lips cause bad trips.

endlessness
#24 Posted : 12/3/2015 9:40:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Disagree. When was pushing the boundary in terms of science and research, in terms of philosophy and spirituality, ever banned here, unless it came together with a confrontational attitude, bad communication and preaching?.

spacexplorer
#25 Posted : 12/3/2015 4:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Disagree. When was pushing the boundary in terms of science and research, in terms of philosophy and spirituality, ever banned here, unless it came together with a confrontational attitude, bad communication and preaching?.

Indeed that's why I said within boundaries and you just defined several. And within each of those boundaries are even smaller and tighter boundaries.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#26 Posted : 12/3/2015 5:26:03 PM

just some guy

spacexplorer wrote:
endlessness wrote:

Indeed that's why I said within boundaries and you just defined several. And within each of those boundaries are even smaller and tighter boundaries.

I came to accept a long time ago that the Nexus is far from and will never be an occult studies board. The general motive here seems to be to communicate within the light of reason, rather than communicating within the twilight in ways which cannot or will not be perceived by the uninitiated, at large.

However, I have not often found that the Nexus is unwilling to discuss whatever topics come to mind and pop up on the forum. In fact, I've seen very few threads which don't attract some attention, which weren't also simply a load of crap lacking in substance.
Dogma and baseless abstractions are a great way of killing a discussion around here though.. And that usually doesn't fly.

Perhaps you're looking in the wrong place for what you seek? Or maybe a thread should be written about those topics you wish to see discussed.. Nothing here happens without community involvement; It's a community, after all.

PREV12