We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Should I prepare with other psychedelics before ingesting DMT? Options

Nebula42
#1 Posted : 9/24/2009 9:58:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello, I'm here to learn more about DMT...from what I've heard it's an amazing experience...a life changing one. I understand it's not like any recreational drug at all and shouldn't be used as one. Admittedly I don't have don't have much experiences with psychedelics at all. I've done LSD once that's about it and it was quite the trip...and I smoke pot once or twice a week. In a week or two, I plan to start extracting DMT with a good friend, I'm not worried about the actual process as much as the actual drug. Since I'm new to psychedelics (well "drugs" in general) DMT might be too strong for me to handle even though I'm strong willed and I'm in good mental health right now.

You think I would be fine experiencing DMT despite my experience or should I try other lesser hallucinogens first to prepare me for my first DMT journey...

Peace and thanks! =)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/25/2009 12:07:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Having experience with psychedelics is not necessarily a key to benefiting from dmt. SWIM has already shared dmt with psychedelic virgins who had a great time (but maybe some wouldnt.. its case by case).

Maybe go for a low dose first.. and most importantly, be sure to have a good set and setting when doing it, and have your good friend next to you at least for the first time Smile

lonewolf123
#3 Posted : 9/25/2009 1:00:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

swim has no real psychadelic past to speak of (never had an acid experience, only low dose shrooms...), but spice has become the spice of his life...

Nebula42
#4 Posted : 9/25/2009 1:47:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
Having experience with psychedelics is not necessarily a key to benefiting from dmt. SWIM has already shared dmt with psychedelic virgins who had a great time (but maybe some wouldnt.. its case by case).

Maybe go for a low dose first.. and most importantly, be sure to have a good set and setting when doing it, and have your good friend next to you at least for the first time Smile

Thanks, we're going to take turns monitoring each other when we first do it. =) We'll most likely do it at night with a dim light. Would you suggest getting a vaporizer or would a water bong suffice?

endlessness
#5 Posted : 9/25/2009 1:52:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

water bong is perfectly fine, its SWIMs most common usage method. Sandwich the dmt between two fat layers of ashes. If you want to go deep inside hyperspace, remember to hold the smoke in the lungs for as long as possible before exhaling. Good luck Smile

(and welcome to the forum)

Nebula42
#6 Posted : 9/25/2009 2:06:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
water bong is perfectly fine, its SWIMs most common usage method. Sandwich the dmt between two fat layers of ashes. If you want to go deep inside hyperspace, remember to hold the smoke in the lungs for as long as possible before exhaling. Good luck Smile

(and welcome to the forum)

Thanks, it should be a very enlightening experience! Very happy Of course responsibility comes before having a profound experience.

Bill Cipher
#7 Posted : 9/25/2009 3:26:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just take it slow, treat it (and yourself) with respect and you'll be fine - meaning start off with small, measured doses and work your way up from there. Truth is, even with extensive prior psychedelics experience, there's only so much that can possibly prepare you for where you and your friend are headed.

Practice focusing your intentions now, and as you work your way through the extraction process. The key is SURRENDER. Get that down, and you and your buddy are golden, guaranteed.