We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Recent New Yorker Article on Erowid Options

RAM
#1 Posted : 11/17/2015 6:26:53 PM

Hail the keys!

http://www.newyorker.com.../11/23/the-trip-planners

I found this to be pretty interesting, especially since Erowid has been useful to me at times in my life. The trip reports offered there work to show the variety and depth of psychedelic experiences around the world.

There is also a focus on using the Internet to spread neutral information about drugs. Since I have had the Internet for most of my life, I never really thought about how difficult it might have been to find high-quality, trustworthy information on these substances back when the drug war started.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 11/18/2015 1:20:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great article, thanks for the heads-up.
D × V × F > R

Nitegazer
#3 Posted : 11/18/2015 2:15:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

RAM wrote:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/11/23/the-trip-planners

Since I have had the Internet for most of my life, I never really thought about how difficult it might have been to find high-quality, trustworthy information on these substances back when the drug war started.

Makes me feel old to recall pouring over Journal Index volumes and Loompanics catalogues for 'forbidden knowlege'-- heheh.