We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
please somebody help me. brain zaps Options

Sandgrease
#21 Posted : 12/15/2015 4:18:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I took various SSRIs for about 7 years and I used to get brain zaps when I was weaning off them. I believe it's serotonin related. I also get them sometimes om tryptamines.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Intezam
#22 Posted : 12/16/2015 8:07:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
Can you explain the interaction here? I'm not finding anything that says this would be dangerous. The few times I've tried it it's been a fine combination. I never eat the seeds though, just chew on them, suck for a while, and spit.

Both increase blood pressure and the rate at which the heart pumps, and combined it could be dangerous.Perhaps there is less danger when whole rue seeds or rue tea is taken. Possibly the harmane/̶h̶̶a̶̶r̶̶m̶̶a̶̶l̶̶o̶̶l̶/Vasicine has a cardiac–depressant effect and also act as a vasodilator? These are typically not present in the extracted harmalas. But anyway, we don't know the exact interaction here.

slewb
#23 Posted : 12/17/2015 6:59:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Intezam - I'm not sure where you are reading that harmala alkaloids increase heart rate and blood pressure. Research indicates the opposite.

from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11325023
Quote:
Three psychological active principles from the seeds of Peganum harmala L., harmine, harmaline and harmalol, showed vasorelaxant activities in isolated rat thoracic aorta preparations precontracted by phenylephrine or KCl with rank order of relaxation potency of harmine > harmaline > harmalol.

from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/903860
Quote:
Each of three harmala alkaloids, harmine, harmaline, and harmalol, decreased heart rate and increased pulse pressure, peak aortic flow, and myocardial contractile force in intact normotensive anesthetized dogs. Harmine reduced systemic arterial blood pressure and total peripheral vascular resistance; harmaline-evoked decreases were frequently followed by a secondary increase; and the effects of harmalol on these two parameters were inconsistent.

In my own experience - daily harmala use has brought my blood pressure down to healthy levels. Next time you dose try checking your own heart rate and blood pressure, see what happens.

PREV12