We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
tea vs mescaline Options

mateo
#1 Posted : 11/8/2015 3:34:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

am just curious to hear others opinions on the benefits of cactus tea vs extracted mescaline. my impression is perhaps extract has an ease of dosing and less nausea but maybe extraction loses some alkaloids? i have not tried extract yet, but cactus tea has seemed very nauseating to me and always accompanied with a deep purge. am trying to decide if extract is worth pursuing...
One by one the sanity steals my gnomes.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 11/8/2015 4:17:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't have experience with tea yet, but I have extracted mescaline fumarate once and dosed on it twice. I dosed low in the 200-250mg range, so it wasn't too powerful. However, there was no sickness with it. It was very pleasant.

The cactus has other alkaloids besides just the mescaline that is present in it. These are consumed when consuming a tea, but not when extracting (unless you make a resin from a tea, then those alkaloids are still present). These other alkaloids will color the experience in its own unique way from what I understand, so it's going to be a somewhat different experience when you consume extracted mescaline.

The extracted mescaline is worth it though in my opinion. It's also much easier to dose out, as you don't always know how much your getting with a tea. Give it a shot, I'm sure you'll enjoy it if you enjoy the full cactus experience.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

travsha
#3 Posted : 11/8/2015 6:31:30 PM

Share Love ~

San Pedro has many powerful active alkaloids besides mescaline, so there experience will be different. I never purged once from San Pedro and have drank it a few hundred times. I've seen dozens or maybe a couple hundred other people drink it and most do not puke - maybe 20-30% will purge from a high dose. You may just be sensitive to it, or maybe you just have a lot to purge. Could also have to do with what you eat. For most people it is recommended to fast beforehand (if you drink in the morning then sleeping is your fast, and this is the easiest method), but for some people I find a little simple food can settle their stomach. You have to find what works for you sometimes.

TGO
#4 Posted : 11/8/2015 7:34:05 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Having had both, I truly prefer extracted mescaline for one reason: Taste.

I drank reduced San Pedro tea a handful of times and usually purged about 1.5 hours in. Don't get me wrong, the experience with tea overall was beautiful and I always like the idea that you pay the "psychedelic toll (purge)" at the beginning of the experience rather than later. But even thinking of the taste, makes me cringe a little even as I type. There was definitely a more "full bodied" effect from the tea that extracted mescaline seems to lack a bit.

Overall, I prefer the extracted mescaline because it is easier to ingest, the nausea is there but minimal and generally goes away, and has been a smoother trip IME. However, if I take enough (just to clarify, my extracts are impure mescaline acetate from SP using 69ron's tek minus the MEK cleaning) of the extracted mescaline, I've purged within 45 minutes on occasion. I don't mind the purge, I'd just rather not if possible! Very happy

Either way, I love the long lasting and gentle nature that is mescaline.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

mateo
#5 Posted : 11/8/2015 10:05:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
San Pedro has many powerful active alkaloids besides mescaline, so there experience will be different. I never purged once from San Pedro and have drank it a few hundred times. I've seen dozens or maybe a couple hundred other people drink it and most do not puke - maybe 20-30% will purge from a high dose. You may just be sensitive to it, or maybe you just have a lot to purge. Could also have to do with what you eat. For most people it is recommended to fast beforehand (if you drink in the morning then sleeping is your fast, and this is the easiest method), but for some people I find a little simple food can settle their stomach. You have to find what works for you sometimes.

interesting you should say that. with cactus, i usually purge like clockwork 2-3 hours in, even if the experience turns out to be weak. i always use the sacrament on an empty stomach. with ayahuasca i almost never purge, but doesn't cactus tea work like an antibiotic?
One by one the sanity steals my gnomes.

CuriousSeeker
#6 Posted : 11/13/2015 4:49:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For me the experience from a tea (either starting with fresh or dried material) is better in every way than my experiences with a 69Ron tek extraction, with the exception of the ingestion. Also, I purge every time with extract, and only once with tea, though each makes me quite nauseous. It was the unforgettable taste of the tea that drove me to explore extraction, and that will continue to be an issue. At this time I'm only able to do it once per year anyway, so the taste is less important. I just try not to think about it. Ever. Sick

Long love mescaline!
A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 11/13/2015 7:24:45 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

A vindictive part of me feels like everyone should have to drink the cactus snot at least once as the price of initiation into the knowledge of this most magnificent medicine. Twisted Evil

A compassionate part of me suggests to save yourself the struggle and just check out that spiffy new MMMAD Tek.

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that I will never eat resin again. In addition to having to endure the process of gobbling down multiple grams of bitter goop, the digestive distress I experienced from that ROA is not something I ever want to repeat. Likewise, I'll probably only ever drink the tea within the context of ceremony, as that route also leaves me with an achey belly and a bitter taste in my mouth.

On the other end, I found purified mescaline overly stimmy and lacking a lot of the visual and euphoric effects of the whole cactus. It's also still nauseating, albeit a lot less so than resin or tea.

I've come to find that a full spectrum extract has the best all around balance between maximizing the full range of psychoactive effects and minimizing the digestive discomfort.

Of course. if you really wanna do it right, you can always try traditional methods. Wink
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jamie
#8 Posted : 11/13/2015 4:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

extract.

Tea leaves my guts in a knot. I prefer a full spectrum reduced and somewhat cleaned up tincture over resin or tea.
Long live the unwoke.

travsha
#9 Posted : 11/13/2015 5:55:09 PM

Share Love ~

You guys are wimps. The taste isnt that bad - I just chug it down and quickly eat a hard candy or small piece of chocolate - taste is gone within seconds. Doesnt taste good at all, but it's over so fast....

Just get a chaser!

Never bothers my stomach, though in my experience working with many others in ceremony is that the stomach nausea is actually San Pedro trying to get your attention and help you work through something... And puking makes it all better Big grin

jamie
#10 Posted : 11/13/2015 6:41:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

IMO there is no benefit in a tea over a full spectrum tincture. Everything medicinal ends up in the tincture but there is a lot less inert gunk. I only have experience with peyote tinctures, not trichs.
Long live the unwoke.

Jees
#11 Posted : 11/13/2015 6:53:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With raw plant materials, powder/brew/tea, I refuse a taster.

This first confrontation is already part of the embrace with the plant. If you do make that taste embrace then I believe an alignment for the rest of the ceremony is made, be it partly or whole. If it does not induce an immediate vomit response, I see no reason to oppose to taste only, the taste is the plants world and a non-accept cannot be beneficial IMO.

Avoiding real stomach trouble is another issue, I can't see a good session when the physical pain is too loud.

I've never tried full spectrum tinctures.

KillaNoodles
#12 Posted : 12/15/2015 4:13:30 PM

Stand Up For It

---
Disclaimer: All posts are to be considered fictitious. Author of account-posts is "Role Playing".

starway6
#13 Posted : 12/19/2015 3:10:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Pure mescaline crystal is a great experiance with almost no body load...!

Pure mescaline citrate is my choice...

But some of the other alcaloids in cacti do color the experiance in a positive way..as in the peyote experiance..

And still other alcaloids in cacti are put there by nature to protect the cacti from those who hunt it..

Asher7
#14 Posted : 2/14/2017 4:21:10 AM

Professional Tracker

The taste never bothered me, but then again neither do mushrooms, ayahuasca or even calea. I've always wanted to try pure crystal though in hopes of it being "cleaner" and possibly cutting down on body load. Plus, I just want to see the crystals live in person.

Also, when people talk about cacti snot I was never really sure what they meant. I dice my cacti up and do the boils/reductions and am left with a dark clear liquid. Like a dark whiskey color. It's not what I would call snot-like.

In regards to the purge, the last time I partook of the cacti I eventually vomited and it felt great. Once it had taken it's course I remember wishing I could get another one because it felt wonderful. Like a sneeze you can't get out but then finally do and let it fly. Same with the aya I tried. It was never like a hangover or flu vomit, more like my stomach feels like a fish bowl and then "sploosh". I don't mind it at all.

I need to find a good tek that is simple and effective but don't want to make a thread asking since the reply of UTFSE seems inevitable. (Training from other sites)

TGO
#15 Posted : 2/14/2017 4:38:58 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Asher7, why not browse the WIKI, if you haven't already, and see what would work best for you?

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...Extraction_Tek#MESCALINE

I've had the most luck with 69ron's tek (although Kash's tek is brilliant too) and it is possible to achieve relatively pure mescaline with it. Just follow the "pure white HCL" version and be sure to look at the thread mentioned in the "NOTE" box. It is about as straight forward as it gets when it comes to extractions, IMO.
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Asher7
#16 Posted : 2/14/2017 5:39:26 AM

Professional Tracker

Oh man, it hadn't even crossed my mind to browse through there yet. I've been sort of having tunnel vision with the figuring out dmt since I got here. A couple of those don't look to complicated at all other than some of the ingredients. Like hcl which I didn't know was muriatic acid I guess? If memory serves me right, that would be something found a a pool supply store? And a gravy seperater, I had no idea those exist, genius! lol, good looking out man. This site is a gold mine.Thumbs up

starway6
#17 Posted : 2/14/2017 3:51:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
You guys are wimps. The taste isnt that bad - I just chug it down and quickly eat a hard candy or small piece of chocolate - taste is gone within seconds. Doesnt taste good at all, but it's over so fast....

Just get a chaser!

Never bothers my stomach, though in my experience working with many others in ceremony is that the stomach nausea is actually San Pedro trying to get your attention and help you work through something... And puking makes it all better Big grin

I just mix the dryed green inner [flesh peruvianus powder] iliminating most of the snot.. into some pudding..

Then take on an empty stomach and hat way i have very little naseua...

For the next 8 to 10 hours i take a ..[bicycle rideThumbs up] around town munching down fruit gummy candy seeing mother earth come to life.. everything ..the rocks...dry grass...trees.. I saw life in everything!..
I once stoped by a row of trees as the breeze blew through them i hears a trillion voices talking at the same time..i thing it was the spirits of the indians who live there huindreds of years ago..

But be carefull with judging depth perception!! when you cross the streets in front of cars ..

I once waited 4 times longer than normal to walk my bike across the street in front of oncomming cars!

Mescaline is awesome with piano music!

syberdelic
#18 Posted : 2/14/2017 5:23:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never experienced nausea from San Pedro, but have also never tried Peyote. When I make my brew, I sacrifice a small amount in the filtration of the "snot". It still tastes horrible, but after choking it down, I have no nausea. This could just be me, but I have given this to a few others who also did not experience nausea. I make mine with nothing but lime juice. I've tried sweeteners, but found that they only make it harder to get down.

I drank some San Pedro juice in Peru, and it was full on "snot". It was completely unfiltered and had sweet apples mixed in. Thumbs down It was very difficult to get down and I did not get nauseous this time either, but about half the group that drank with me vomited. Even my GF who had no issues with ayahuasca other than the initial purge was dry heaving a little even though she felt next to nothing in the way of mescaline. Whereas I have a horrible time nauseous throughout the entire trip on ayahuasca and no issues with San Pedro. I was also not tripping much and was given the opportunity to drink more but turned it down as it was just not worth it.

Now, purified mescaline is a treat compared to any of this. Yes, it has a bit of a different flavor to the trip but I DO NOT miss any of the other parts. From my experience, I would deduce that San Pedro nausea is caused by a combination of plant matter (snot), flavor, and other alkaloids. After doing a successful extraction, I seriously doubt that I will ever again make tea. The number one reason being that I will never again choke down that vile crap in return for a light or no trip at all from bunk San Pedro. With a good extraction, you measure out what you want and know exactly how deep you are going.

My advice to anyone set on making tea would be to not add sweetener, and filter as much as possible. The filtration requires patience as it works much better if the sludge has a chance to settle so that the liquid can be poured off the top, and it helps to start with a sieve/screen to filter off the larger particulate first.

Wolfnippletip
#19 Posted : 2/14/2017 8:05:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have only had Cactus Tea, and never tried Pachanoi. Bridgesii has never let me down. I've got a system which works well for me.

I boil it for about an hour after pureeing in a blender with lemon juice. I strain it through a t-shirt, but don't reduce it all that much so I end up chugging 1/2 - 1 Liter of tea.

I chug it all at once from a narrow mouth plastic soda type bottle which helps not to smell it much while drinking. I immediately chase it with Club Soda which cleanses the mouth and helps settle it in the bottom of the stomach.

I usually purge at about T+90 minutes, and when I feel the purge coming on I chew some Tums type antacids and chug at least a half liter of water. Then I chew some more tums, which helps avoid burning my esophagus or etching my teeth.

Once I've purged I can then relax and enjoy the ride Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Asher7
#20 Posted : 2/15/2017 2:23:48 AM

Professional Tracker

I keep hearing about this snot. If you feel adventurous just remove the spines and slice the cacti up like you would a cucumber for your salad. Heat in the largest pot you can find (mine holds 1 gallon of water with the cacti in there) until the water surface ripples. Let it ripple until it the water level lowers to the point the cacti might burn and pour off the liquid into a smaller pot. Do that 3 times and reduce. (The smaller the reducing pots footprint is the more you can reduce without risk of burning. Rings will accumulate around the surface so stir to keep that dilluted and in the water.

Filter, drink. No snot. It's how they do it in the "native land". You can tell when your cacti is spent because it won't have or put off any color. What you have left looks like a golden whiskey. There's no need for snot. With a small pot you can get it down to about 3/4 a cup. Very easy to drink. No skin peeling, no core removal, no nada.

Once spring takes hold I'll put some pictures up. It really is as easy as it gets. I've also just straight eaten the cactus too, that works. The taste is the best part.Razz

12NEXT