We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Limonene Peruvian Torch Question Options

Touche Guevara
#1 Posted : 9/23/2009 6:09:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Peace,
Is there any danger in over-exposing the vinegar to the limonene? After a 1% yield, SWIM took all the limo pulls and a few tablespoons of vinegar, and has just been shaking the shit out of it once in awhile over like two days. The vinegar layer is looking kind of rose colored. Is this goodies, or after so long does the vinegar start pulling impurities?
Many thanks for any answers or insight

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

SuperRad
#2 Posted : 9/23/2009 8:28:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Rose colored sounds like the result from the vinegar evap will be the dreaded crimson goo. It can't be said for sure until you do the evaporation, you may get lucky and have a plate with sections of dryer powder and spots of goo. This goo is still active (albeit much less than powder) but you'll probably want to cap it immediately, or just ingest it Smile Unfortunately there's no way yet discovered to clean up the acetates, other than converting them to HCl and the washing with acetone and ISO... and 100-200mgs of goop isn't worth that whole shebang, unless of course you save up several rounds of extractions' goo and clean em up all at once.

Goo is all I usually get after my second pull. 150mgs with some datura seeds usually gets me to a happy place.

Touche Guevara
#3 Posted : 9/23/2009 8:40:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SuperRad wrote:
Rose colored sounds like the result from the vinegar evap will be the dreaded crimson goo. It can't be said for sure until you do the evaporation, you may get lucky and have a plate with sections of dryer powder and spots of goo. This goo is still active (albeit much less than powder) but you'll probably want to cap it immediately, or just ingest it Smile Unfortunately there's no way yet discovered to clean up the acetates, other than converting them to HCl and the washing with acetone and ISO... and 100-200mgs of goop isn't worth that whole shebang, unless of course you save up several rounds of extractions' goo and clean em up all at once.

Goo is all I usually get after my second pull. 150mgs with some datura seeds usually gets me to a happy place.

Shiiiiiit. So this realistically isn't going to be easy to measure? Does the goo have different effects, or do you just need more to have the same experience?

SuperRad
#4 Posted : 9/23/2009 9:24:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've only used peruvian torch for extractions, and I've never done a small dose of powder so I don't have much grounds to compare them. I must assume that the red goo is still an alkaloid, though it's psychoactivity is unknown.

69Ron attests that the other alkaloids in San Pedro are psychoactive in their own right perhaps this is also the case with the red torch alkaloids. Either way, I've never combined the goo from multiple extractions so the only effect the goo has given me is mild euphoria.

Touche Guevara
#5 Posted : 9/23/2009 9:30:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thing is, SWIM stupidly assumed it was just actives and threw it in the evap dish with his first pulls Sad

So the goo will never really dry? Would it be possible to just weigh out a bit of 5-htp and stir that in with the goo to make it easier to cap up? Man, this makes the first time here so unscientific and hard to measure dosage.

Madcap
#6 Posted : 9/23/2009 11:55:48 PM

illudium Q-36

Damn.... I got some red stuff too. I thought maybe it was from overheating my oven during evap. I did get a nice ball of the tan waxy stuff too though and it was nice at 100mg with 3 datura and 20mg THH sublingual. I haven't eaten the red stuff yet.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

SuperRad
#7 Posted : 9/24/2009 6:29:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Adding another powder will definitely make it easier to handle.

As for measurement, weigh an empty gelcap, scrape up the goo on a razorblade, scrape the goo into the gelcap (really easy), then compare the weight of the goo-laden gelcap.

Scraping the goo flat then balling it up and flattening it repeatedly will make it easier to handle, but it will probably never dry completely.

Touche Guevara
#8 Posted : 9/24/2009 5:50:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SuperRad wrote:
Adding another powder will definitely make it easier to handle.

As for measurement, weigh an empty gelcap, scrape up the goo on a razorblade, scrape the goo into the gelcap (really easy), then compare the weight of the goo-laden gelcap.

Scraping the goo flat then balling it up and flattening it repeatedly will make it easier to handle, but it will probably never dry completely.

Thanks for the insight. Won't the liquid dissolve the gel caps though? Would a cellulose cap be better?

dragon-n
#9 Posted : 11/26/2009 4:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=SuperRad] Unfortunately there's no way yet discovered to clean up the acetates, other than converting them to HCl and the washing with acetone and ISO...

Just for the record, this information is outdated. As stated in a revised d-limonene tek, washing the gooey pedro extract with cold MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) is very effective at separating the mescaline from the "other goods". the MEK dissolves the "other goods" and can be carefully separated to leave fluffy sparkley crystals of mescal lyin' around. SWIM can vouch for this firsthand...