We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Molecularly-Inspired Stash Jars Options

Oneiros_glass
#1 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:44:06 AM

The shadow of a glass man

Hi Nexus,

I'm an aspiring glass blower with about 100 hours on the torch. I'm currently working on building my own studio so I can spend more time practicing, but in the meantime, I've been working on a glass project that I thought many of you might appreciate.

I got permission from The Traveler to share a link to my etsy, so here it is:

OneirosGlass

Here is a sample of some of the stuff I'm currently doing:

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyb
#2 Posted : 11/7/2015 8:35:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 11/7/2015 10:48:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice Thumbs up

Could you tell me what the volume of the containers are, all I seen on the link was, large, medium, etc. Would be very helpful. Thanks

DMT_Tom
#4 Posted : 11/7/2015 11:21:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Love these. So. much!

I want one for Christmas. Badly. Too bad
1) nobody in my family knows I smoke DMT (all conservative Christians)
2) ^this

Pleased Big grin Twisted Evil Might just have to order one for myself in secret
“You, of all people, deserve your own love and affection.” -Buddha

For God so loved the world...
God is Love

Oneiros_glass
#5 Posted : 11/7/2015 1:51:45 PM

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Nice Thumbs up

Could you tell me what the volume of the containers are, all I seen on the link was, large, medium, etc. Would be very helpful. Thanks

Thanks Smile

The volume of each jar is listed after the name of the listing (e.g. Embossed THC Molecule Cobalt Frosted Stash Jar (9oz)) and the dimensions are listed in imperial units (cuz 'murika, sorry) in each item's description (e.g. Frosted, cobalt blue 9oz medical-style glass jar with air-tight plastic screw top. Transparent THC molecule embossed on the front. Dimensions: 2.9" width x 3.6" height.).

Hope that helps!

null24
#6 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:05:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Those are great!

A little. OT, allow me to understand. As members , we are allowed to post links to our own for profit craft projects? I support this if so.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Oneiros_glass
#7 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:21:02 PM

DMT_Tom wrote:
Love these. So. much!

I want one for Christmas. Badly. Too bad
1) nobody in my family knows I smoke DMT (all conservative Christians)
2) ^this

Pleased Big grin Twisted Evil Might just have to order one for myself in secret

I suppose you could always stash it somewhere! Razz

Oneiros_glass
#8 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:24:19 PM

null24 wrote:
Those are great!

A little. OT, allow me to understand. As members , we are allowed to post links to our own for profit craft projects? I support this if so.

Thanks!

Technically, we can't post links without direct approval from The Traveler. I've been a member here for a little while and asked The Traveler if it would be ok for me to list these under a vendor account as they seemed of direct relevance to the interests of people on the forum. Ideally, when I have my studio built, I will be producing handblown objects that are also of direct relevance to the forum topics.

If The Traveler decides any or all of this post needs to be modified or removed, I will happily comply with his wishes.

null24
#9 Posted : 11/7/2015 3:53:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oneiros_glass wrote:
null24 wrote:
Those are great!

Thanks!

Technically, we can't post links without direct approval from The Traveler. I've been a member here for a little while and asked The Traveler if it would be ok for me to list these under a vendor account as they seemed of direct relevance to the interests of people on the forum. Ideally, when I have my studio built, I will be producing handblown objects that are also of direct relevance to the forum topics.

If The Traveler decides any or all of this post needs to be modified or removed, I will happily comply with his wishes.

Thanks! The reason I ask is because I'm building a flat stock screen press at home, and am about to start producing mycologically themed limited prints online. I also have so e other psychedelic goods ideas. My intention is to use sales as a fundraiser for a local entbeogenic non profit. And to eat. Big grin
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

#10 Posted : 11/7/2015 4:26:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

BOOM!

Great stuff. Will certainly be getting some eventually once my xtal stockpile builds. Nice work. Smile

concombres
#11 Posted : 11/7/2015 11:18:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will be making a few purchases from you in the near future Big grin

I do have an enquiry though. How do you feel about designing something like say, tall tapered borosilicate containers (ie. Tall, thin pyramid shaped) with cork stoppers?

I am constantly on the lookout for a better extraction vessel that does not come directly from a lab supply house & i think maybe as someone who blows glass, you may posess the necessary talents to design & create the perfect extraction vessel Thumbs up

Oneiros_glass
#12 Posted : 11/8/2015 2:54:55 AM

There are quite a few projects I hope to be able to explore once I've actually built my studio. I was fortunate to be able to get my hands on a rare/discontinued scientific glassblowing text that has a fairly large section on scientific seals and simple apparatus creation (as well as much more complex apparatus design). Once I'm up and running, I hope to spend a significant amount of time using that section of the text as a work book and practicing those designs.

At the moment, I can't say what is possible or what I may be capable of down the road. I've received some very positive feedback from my mentor about the rate of my progression and the quality of my work, but I have nothing to gauge it against, really, and I don't want to make any promises I won't actually be able to deliver on.

If all goes well, I hope to have my studio up and running by March (hopefully sooner!) and will be happy to share any progress reports with this community. Obviously, I don't plan on making any equipment for the purpose of extracting illegal compounds, but I've wanted to play around with novel apparatus for caffeine and other legal alkaloids Smile

Paulo
#13 Posted : 11/8/2015 5:58:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow these are fantastic. I think I just found parts of my christmas presents for A BUNCH of people Smile My GF is going to love that MDMA vial.

Spaced Out 2
#14 Posted : 11/8/2015 6:24:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oneiros_glass wrote:
Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Nice Thumbs up

Thanks Smile

The volume of each jar is listed after the name of the listing (e.g. Embossed THC Molecule Cobalt Frosted Stash Jar (9oz)) and the dimensions are listed in imperial units (cuz 'murika, sorry) in each item's description (e.g. Frosted, cobalt blue 9oz medical-style glass jar with air-tight plastic screw top. Transparent THC molecule embossed on the front. Dimensions: 2.9" width x 3.6" height.).

Hope that helps!

My bad, I just didn't click on the pics, Laughing thank you though I see them now.

Oneiros_glass
#15 Posted : 11/8/2015 9:09:10 PM

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
My bad, I just didn't click on the pics, Laughing thank you though I see them now.

Thumbs up

No worries!

Paulo wrote:
Wow these are fantastic. I think I just found parts of my christmas presents for A BUNCH of people Smile My GF is going to love that MDMA vial.

Thank you!

I'm working to increase the inventory so that a few of the things that have already sold out will be restocked in time for any holiday shopping.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 11/13/2015 3:44:32 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Lovely work!

Why does even seeing the molecular structure of MDMA make me feel happy? And they say that homoeopathy doesn't work...

What was the old lab glassblowing text you got hold of? Now if there was a scan of that to download there'd be a few happy lab bunnies around. Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Oneiros_glass
#17 Posted : 11/13/2015 4:05:34 AM

Ask and ye shall receive!!

Scientific Glassblowing by E.L. Wheeler (PDF courtesy of the wonderful Hathi Trust)

My plan is to just drill on chapters 5 and 6 until they're second nature. There are a couple of scientific glassblowing corps around here, so I figure having a portfolio of competent scientific stuff might open up some additional realms of possibility.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 11/13/2015 5:32:31 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wow, brilliant! Thank you so much! I have a bit of a glassware fetish Big grin

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

null24
#19 Posted : 11/13/2015 5:39:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Lovely work!

Why does even seeing the molecular structure of MDMA make me feel happy? And they say that homoeopathy doesn't work...
:

Thumbs up Big grin
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Oneiros_glass
#20 Posted : 11/21/2015 11:07:06 PM

Some new designs for the med patients out there...

More stuff in the pipeline as well Thumbs up

12NEXT