We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Amanita Muscaria - Holy Grail Method tek Options

daspaismusflo
#1 Posted : 10/31/2015 1:55:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is in response to the Amanita Muscaria - Holy Grail Method as I can't post there yet.

XA wanted to know if wood would work or whether it has to be a terracotta clay pot as the tek suggested. Well I am getting ready to do my batch and found this website

This person used glass jars and pasturized his grape juice before (i think just boiled grape juice). Trouble is if your aminatas countain bacteria it might make bacteria grow in the grape juice, I will test this out... You can put your aminatas in the oven up to 190c so that should kill the bacteria anyway.

I am not sure how much a single dose of that fleece would be or whether the grape juice is drinkable and if so how much?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

xist
#2 Posted : 10/31/2015 2:38:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is very interesting. I'd really like to try sometime. Did you grow this yourself?
The dosing issue shouldn't be that hard. I've read in a book called the herb of immortality by Donald E. Teeter, that dilution of the wine using water, will make it stronger. Apparently it had something to do with the breaking of the chains that muscimol forms, and thereby releasing more muscimol molucules. Oh yeah, on a side note, the book also stated that muscimol is stable in temperatures of up to 170 C. You should read that book, it contains a lot of history and some tek's(I tried the bread tek using boiled barley, it did not work at all) and a lot of really good information regarding amanita muscaria as a sacrement.

Morris Crowley
#3 Posted : 10/31/2015 3:57:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A very lengthy discussion of the grape juice fleece can be found here: A new take on amanita growth [Entheogen-Network].

Because that's way too long to read, someone summarized the thrust of the thread near the end:

Quote:
1.) Some folks at the Ambrosia Society figured out they could grow a white fleecy fungal material by innoculating grape juice with coarsely powdered A. muscaria. They claim this fleece (and grape juice that has been fermented with it) has the same effects as fly agaric mushrooms.

2.) A mycologist investigated the material and determined conclusively that it was not A. muscaria mycellium, as had been previously claimed, but was instead some sort of mucor fungus. Genetic analysis seemed to confirm that the material was not A. muscaria mycellium.

3.) Even if the fleece isn't A. muscaria, the claims of it being psychoactive are interesting... hence my post wondering if more details about this claim might be forthcoming.

4.) There's been speculation that this fleece is a species which is an endosymbiote of the fly agaric mushroom, and it might be responsible for the production of ibotenic acid and muscimol. There is no evidence as yet to support this speculation.

5.) It has been claimed that the (as-yet ambiguous) effects of the fleece-innoculated grape juice are enhanced by heating to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. This is supposedly because ibotenic acid decarboxylates to muscimol at this temperature.... If there is indeed a different active ingredient produced by the fleece, it's possible that this heating process is significant in altering that compound.
Follow me on Twitter (@morris_crowley) and on Facebook

Help us grow The Nexian

travsha
#4 Posted : 10/31/2015 4:50:05 AM

Share Love ~

I did not make this method yet, but I did try the Holy Grail method with the terra cotta pot. I will try this glass jar method next as the terra cotta one gets infected easily....

The "wine/ambrosia" works excellently. Very nice and gentle, yet still powerful. No nausea or unpleasantness in any way - only goodness. I watered mine down and drank a regular size cups worth to get a good dose.... Of course yours might be stronger or less strong, so good just to drink a small cup at a time and see how you feel in an hour until you figure out your personal dosage.

The Herb of Immortality pdf is free on the Ambrosia Societies website, so you guys are talking about the same people. I used their method to make my drink and it worked great. Look around more on their website and read the full pdf - you will see lots of goodies around there.

daspaismusflo
#5 Posted : 10/31/2015 6:40:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the info guys, looking forward to this! Rolling eyes

xist wrote:
muscimol molucules

Say "miniscule muscimol molucules" as fast as you can!

Laughing

hortwizard
#6 Posted : 10/31/2015 7:51:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i wont have to drink my own pee to trip? Looks like it could be worth a shot. Smile

travsha
#7 Posted : 10/31/2015 10:19:54 PM

Share Love ~

Ya, no reason to drink your pee at all - just dry the mushrooms for 3 months instead.

Sacred Journey
#8 Posted : 10/31/2015 11:36:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Amaminta muscaria is my favorite sacrament and I drink my urine all the time when I use it to extend the effects. Otherwise I end up spending a fortune on the dried mushrooms. I am very frequent user and have the most incredible spiritual experience when I use it.

xist wrote:
This is very interesting. I'd really like to try sometime. Did you grow this yourself?
The dosing issue shouldn't be that hard. I've read in a book called the herb of immortality by Donald E. Teeter, that dilution of the wine using water, will make it stronger. Apparently it had something to do with the breaking of the chains that muscimol forms, and thereby releasing more muscimol molucules. Oh yeah, on a side note, the book also stated that muscimol is stable in temperatures of up to 170 C. You should read that book, it contains a lot of history and some tek's(I tried the bread tek using boiled barley, it did not work at all) and a lot of really good information regarding amanita muscaria as a sacrement.

What happened with your barley tek? I just tried it myself and two of my jars contaminated but the third jar worked. I have the dried bread in a jar now but I have yet to try it, partly because I am little scared of eating it honestly it looks and tastes rather gross (I did eat a very tiny bit but not enough to be psychoactive) and also I have a cold right now and I plan on waiting until I get over it before I trip again.

daspaismusflo
#9 Posted : 11/1/2015 2:52:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hortwizard wrote:
So i wont have to drink my own pee to trip? Looks like it could be worth a shot. Smile

travsha wrote:
Ya, no reason to drink your pee at all - just dry the mushrooms for 3 months instead.

Actually, there is good reason to drink your urine as what is left is pure muscimol because the kidneys filter out ibotenic acid and muscarine which causes the ill effects. There are rumors the scandanavians fed aminatas to cows and and drank their urine because they have such good kidney filtering.

This bottle takes away all the nasties, including the taste but leaves salt and urea acid which is bad for you if you recycle more than once or twice:

daspaismusflo
#10 Posted : 11/1/2015 2:56:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sacred Journey wrote:

two of my jars contaminated.

I have the dried bread in a jar now but I have yet to try it

If Muscimol is safe up to temperatures of 170c couldn't you just boil the contaminants away and consume? Couldn't you also not cook the aminatas in an oven at 170c before inoculating? Or would that spoil the spores? Are the so called assumed "endosymbiotes" stable at 170c too?

What is the bread tek about?

travsha
#11 Posted : 11/1/2015 5:30:18 PM

Share Love ~

daspaismusflo wrote:
hortwizard wrote:

travsha wrote:

Actually, there is good reason to drink your urine as what is left is pure muscimol because the kidneys filter out ibotenic acid and muscarine which causes the ill effects. There are rumors the scandanavians fed aminatas to cows and and drank their urine because they have such good kidney filtering.

I know your body converts the ibutonic acid. So does properly curing the mushrooms. I have never had any "ill effects" or nausea from eating properly cured amanitas - every aspect of the experience is enjoyable for me and it is very psychedelic and gentle. Curing them works great.

You can drink your urine if you want to - it just isnt necessary.

daspaismusflo
#12 Posted : 11/3/2015 3:22:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
daspaismusflo wrote:
hortwizard wrote:

travsha wrote:

I know your body converts the ibutonic acid. So does properly curing the mushrooms. I have never had any "ill effects" or nausea from eating properly cured amanitas - every aspect of the experience is enjoyable for me and it is very psychedelic and gentle. Curing them works great.

You can drink your urine if you want to - it just isnt necessary.

Sorry, forget to mention people reported that after drinking their muscimol urine the trip was a lot brighter and clearer than standard dried/cured aminatas.

Also, no one said anything about necessity. This is for fun and this method is just another way to have supposedly "clearer trip" than the standard aminata experience.

travsha
#13 Posted : 11/3/2015 3:52:23 PM

Share Love ~

I have also heard people claim that if you drink your urine long enough you can fly. Not sure all the claims are true!

I know a couple friends who drink their urine for health reasons. Doesnt sound fun at all to me - they all say it is pretty gross for a long time until you get used to it, then "its not that bad." I dont think they do it for fun though.... If I was really sick and thought it would help I might try it, but since properly cured amanitas are so amazing already I dont personally see any reason to drink my own urine. The experiences I have had with amanita were already plenty "clean" and powerful.

But you go ahead - I wont judge. Like I said, some of my friends drink theirs for health reasons. I just dont plan on joining in soon Wink

samnaav
#14 Posted : 11/9/2015 9:17:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I tried culturing p cubensis years ago, and learned later my contamination was caused by improper petri dish lid tech...I failed to keep the plane of the lid parallel with the plane of the opening, I tilted the lid and invited everyone to the party so to speak.

This may account for the contaminations described above and elsewhere, except the terra cotta.

Trav, can you account for the susceptibility of the terra cotta to contamination, or identify the contaminant(s)? Was it merely cosmopolitan spore/mold invasion?

travsha
#15 Posted : 11/9/2015 3:46:00 PM

Share Love ~

Yes, there was mold invasion. You are growing this fleece stuff that is similar but different from amanita (same alkaloids, but different fungus). Any yellow, blue, green stuff in there is a sign of contamination - and mine had some little yellow spots that eventually grew into larger blue spots. Not worth the risk once you get something like that....

I had washed the terra cotta well before hand, but maybe it would work better in the future if I boiled in water or heated it in the oven a bit first to kill stuff off that way.... Not totally sure, but could be worth a try.

I did get a few really enjoyable doses from the grail before it died, so trying this tech did not waste any material - just didnt give me the extra material I was hoping for.

Supposedly the terra cotta stuff gets infected real easy and it is easier to do the glass jar method (which is a bit more work, but I think I might try it before long).

Some of my amanitas just finished curing and I am finally far enough after my last dieta that I can start working with amanitas again.... We will see what I get into with this batch!

Emptiness
#16 Posted : 11/10/2015 2:58:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
Not worth the risk once you get something like that....
maybe it would work better in the future if I boiled in water or heated it in the oven a bit first to kill stuff off that way....

Wouldn't that kill the spores though? From shroomery I heard spores are only viable below 50c that is assuming the the grail frows from spores?

Couldn't I just boil up my mold laden grape juice and consume or are thee bacteria created to many bio-toxins by now?

travsha
#17 Posted : 11/10/2015 5:23:35 AM

Share Love ~

I was talking about cleaning the bowl in boiling water before inoculating it... It wouldnt kill anything because nothing would be growing on it yet - I was talking about this as a preparation method before starting a new grail.

I dont know if cooking the juice would really kill molds and such that infected it - I personally wouldnt want to try it... There are some gnarly toxic molds out there! I dont know too much about mold and such so I would er on the side of caution...

samnaav
#18 Posted : 11/10/2015 7:09:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:

I had washed the terra cotta well before hand, but maybe it would work better in the future if I boiled in water or heated it in the oven a bit first to kill stuff off that way.... Not totally sure, but could be worth a try.

Welp, seeing as I have some incoming dried A muscaria, that's what I'll do. Bake the terra cotta in a warm, non-vitrifying oven to kill nasties, reckon 190F for a bit would do it. I may try honey for my first attempt, heating it then allowing it to cool per the procedure in the ambrosia doc.

Judging from your results, I reckon I should get at least a decent feel for this sacrament. If it propagates, all the better! Big grin

travsha
#19 Posted : 11/10/2015 4:06:37 PM

Share Love ~

Potency varies widely, so this may not be the right amount for you, but I used about an ounce of dried amanita and got 3 decent doses from on extraction of that. I think it could have been 2 strong but no over-powering doses, or 4 lighter doses if I had split it up differently. They say nothing about amounts in the Herb of Life pdf...

When I first started I wanted to test the strength so I tried a 6th of what I had ready (a small wine glass worth). After about 90 minutes I figured it was safe to try some more and I wanted a stronger effect so I drank another 6th to equal a third total. I did notice pleasant gentle effects from the first glass though. I would recommend starting a little slow - it also has a real slow come-up (about 90min+ to peak) and it lasts around 9 hours I think....

After that I just drank the larger glass all at once for my next journey.

It is very pleasant and while I usually prefer working with medicines outdoors in nature, this one I prefer indoors for the first few hours. I find it makes me want to lie around and meditate with my eyes closed and some chill music or silence... Very chill vibe for me at first as much as many people describe stimulant effects.

samnaav
#20 Posted : 11/10/2015 8:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have one oz incoming.

I may just get a small vessel, use a small amount, enough to charge a small grail. Maybe smaller is easier to handle? Certainly easier to handle the loss, but if it works and stays clean I could inoculate further vessels!

I was digging a bit more in that ambrosia doc, and I might actually attempt to pulverize a bit of it and make wafers, ROA seems cool to me. The process of hand grinding and packing, focus on intent, that's appealing.

For me this is all pending the experience...I should have a bioassay and report by this time next week, possibly with a grail!

Thanks for the tips and caveats.

123NEXT»