We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Meditation + Shrooms... Options

Whatis
#1 Posted : 10/27/2015 5:27:41 PM

Its a question of perspective...

Hi Nexus Smile

It has been a while. Life has been going too fast for psychedelics recently.

Just wanted to post this - mainly for myself - but if it is of interest to anyone else then that is good.

I have a couple of bags of cubes (golden teachers), left over in the freezer from the summer. I decided to take a 2g bag (dried) yesterday to aid in a satsang/meditation.

I prepared my space, stated my intentions (To know what is true) and lit some incense. I then crunched and ate the dried shrooms - my favourite method - they are like little dried snacks.

I then put on a Mooji satsang (https://youtu.be/ntSgWktJ2nE)

Sat in front of Mooji, the shrooms came on strong. I wasn't particularly expecting 2g to be that strong - but I somehow knew that they would be. I always get the feeling that I am merging my conciousness with the mushroom - its like I invite the mushroom to express itself and share my conciousness for a while. I don't know the reality of this of course, but this is what it feels like. In this state it seemed easier to objectively observe what was happening - thoughts were easier to recognise as just impersonal thoughts, feelings as feelings - without any identity attached.

2g seemed like a good amount because I didn't get too confused.

I was confronted early on by a blobby like spirit behind my closed eyes. It felt challenging - but unable to affect me - unable to affect my awareness. We has some playful interaction, and I asked it what it wanted. It seemed to suggest that I was going to die of cancer - to which I replied that was OK and I didn't really mind - death is the contract of life.

This was all serious and totally un-serious at the same time. The mushroom seemed to find some 'serious' parts of my personality amusing. Or perhaps I was seeing them objectively and found it amusing. 'I am meditating, with mushrooms, in earnest - asking what is true.' a spiritual explorer - serious and totally ridiculous.

Mooji guided me into self-inquiry. And the mushrooms seemed to help me.

I found an awareness that seemed to be untouched and untouchable. Mooji suggested that this is what I am, what everyone is. And it seemed like he was right. Ego, thoughts & feelings, the hallucinations caused by the shrooms - all come after awareness and are nothing more than a passing light show. But awareness seemed primary and permanent. I was astounded and awed.

After the Satsang finished I was left in pure bliss. The shrooms were giving me faint images of the god head -it seemed like the source of everything. Some figures danced, faded, imperceptibly in the distance. I smiled and understood. It felt very similar to my experience with the god head on DMT - except less hyper real.

I thanked god/the spirits/my imagination and went to bed.

Today has been beautiful. Awareness is quietly in the background, untouched and untouchable. But is it imagination? Perhaps it will reveal itself further.

Ben x
Much Love <3 xx

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

FiniteFox
#2 Posted : 1/11/2016 7:06:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just started to investigate shrooms, thank you for sharing. How long did your meditation last? The effects of the GT shrooms?

Whatis
#3 Posted : 1/11/2016 8:38:56 AM

Its a question of perspective...

Hi finite fox.

In this case both the meditation and he shrooms lasted about 3.5 hours. But shrooms can last much longer (5/6 hrs) until baseline. It comes in waves, the waves gradually get weaker and weaker, but sometimes surprise me - I'll feel pretty normal, and be convinced that it's all over - only to be dragged back under by another powerful wave.

Small doses (1-2g) are WONDERFUL in nature. You see everything as if for the first time and the beauty is awe inspiring. I'm not a fan of doing psycadelics outside - I like to feel safe - but shrooms are definately an exception for me.

Happy travels Thumbs up
Much Love <3 xx

Swarupa
#4 Posted : 1/11/2016 11:19:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That sounds like a beautiful experience Whatis, meditation and mushrooms are a wonderful combination. I find psilocybin quite physically sedating at times which can really help to be still and relax into a deep meditation.

Iโ€™ve never taken a psychedelic during a Satsang but I can imagine it could be pretty powerful. Years ago after trying LSD for the first time I attended a Satsang the following day and it was very intense, if anything it was even more overwhelming than the previous evening.

Iโ€™ve found that ~2-3g cubensis can certainly come and go in waves like you describe, whereas with a similar dose of liberty caps they usually come on and keep going for a good 4-6 hours or more. Iโ€™m the same with preferring to dose at home and find light doses in nature can be really nice aswell. Nice to see you back around these parts. (: