We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A Guide To Creating Feminized Marijuana Seeds Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 10/26/2015 1:43:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I always wondered how feminized seeds were produced, and started doing some research to find that it is actually not a hard process. As there seems to be no info here, I thought I would share the process that I found with the community.

The process is as follows.

First, you need to make a coloidal silver solution. This can be purchased at health food stores, or you can easily make your own. First I will explain how to do this.

You will need a few items to do this;
9v battery
Two wires with clips on the end and exposed wire on the other end
Water
A glass container
And 2 silver coins.

1. Tie one wire around the negative node on the battery, and one around the positive end.
2. Clip one wire to a silver coin, and the other wire to the second silver coin.
3. Place the two coins into your glass container, and fill with water.
4. Allow to sit for 24 hours.
This will cause the electric current to travel from the battery to one coin, and disperse through the water to the second silver coin, and back to the battery. The electric current between the two coins will remove silver ions from the coins and into the water, creating the coloidal silver solution. After 24 hours, disconnect the battery and remove the coins from solution.

The next step is to use this solution to create feminized seeds.
For this you will need;
2 female Marijuana plants
Coloidal silver solution
Spray bottle
Something to collect pollen with and distribute it on a plant.

1. Take a female Marijuana plant that has just been switched to flowering period, before any signs of sex begin to show. Remove it from any other plants to a separate area, so that the other plants do not get sprayed on accident.
2. Spray this one plant with the Coloidal silver solution and allow it to dry before placing it back with the second female plant.
This female that you sprayed will not produce buds, it will now instead start producing pollen sacks. This pollen will only contain XX chromosomes, and no Y. This is because it has the genetics of the female, which does not carry a Y.
3. After left to flower for a while, you will be left with a female plant that has pollen sacks instead of flowers. Collect this pollen however you see fit.
4. Use this pollen to pollenate another female plant once it buds. This will cause seeds to be produced in your buds. (You don't have to pollenate the whole plant. Seeds will only be produced where you place the pollen, as long as there is not a lot of air flow to blow the pollen around the grow space).
Since both parents are of female genetics, there is no possible way for any resulting seeds to have male genetics. All seeds produced this way will be feminized.

It is important to note that any part of the plant that receives the silver solution is not safe for consumption. This is why we remove it from the grow space to spray it and allow it to dry. Your bid that produced seeds will be OK to consume however, it will just not be as potent since it was allowed to seed.

This process will allow you to collect large amounts of female seeds, and keep your harvests going time after time with no worry of male plants being grown. It is also a great way to cross different strains and produce your own genetics.

I hope people find this useful and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I have yet to try this out myself, but plan on doing so in the near future to start creating my own cross breeds.

Happy growing!
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

steppa
#2 Posted : 1/18/2016 11:14:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really cool, thank you. I'll try this with some Master-Kush soon. Will report, if it worked as it is supposed to. Smile
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 1/18/2016 11:51:37 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

The CS method is said to less effective than the standard silver thiosulfate (STS) method (according to "Enzyklopädie der Cannabiszucht - Fachbuch der Hanfgenetik")

From a quick googling, that's one of the first hits:

https://forum.grasscity....ng-sts-instructions.html
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

steppa
#4 Posted : 1/18/2016 12:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, thanks. I'll give it a try anyways, as I have the stuff lying arround now.

Ufostrahlen
#5 Posted : 1/18/2016 1:19:45 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

steppa wrote:
Interesting, thanks. I'll give it a try anyways, as I have the stuff lying arround now.

Sure, don't forget to make a pictorial report for the Nexus. Smile
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

steppa
#6 Posted : 1/18/2016 2:16:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, why not. Smile

On other locations I read to spray the plant multiple times. This TEK doesn't say so. Hm...I guess 'll spray multiple times. Better safe than sorry. Razz

steppa
#7 Posted : 3/15/2016 2:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sprayed it multiple times. Used 50ppm coloidal silver solution. Didn't work in the slightest. Plant is making buds now.

Spaced Out 2
#8 Posted : 3/15/2016 3:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Back in the 90s I used gibberelic acid to induce male flowers on a true female, and it worked like a charm.

Gone-and-Back
#9 Posted : 3/15/2016 6:06:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

steppa wrote:
Sprayed it multiple times. Used 50ppm coloidal silver solution. Didn't work in the slightest. Plant is making buds now.

Maybe try a higher concentration? I was going to try it out with 100ppm. Never got around to it though due to funds.

A lot of people have done this and reported success, so I'm curious why it didn't work.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Waeoo
#10 Posted : 6/15/2017 7:01:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Anyone tried with a known concentration that works? what about 1mg/100ml?

permatrip
#11 Posted : 11/23/2017 4:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've used silverthiosulfate works great and doesn't cost much. I started making feminized seeds in 2003 or 04. There was a lot of discussion of sts on an old site called cannabis world which is long gone. I've worked with colloidal silver and it won't work on most plants, the plants that I have seen it work on are not good for making fem seeds with due to intersex genes. A book called Advances in Hemp Research by Ranalli talks about cannabis sexuality cost $90 us when I bought it.
put your hands in my hand and together we will take on all the world