We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Monoamine oxidase distribution in body Options

sauroman1
#1 Posted : 10/25/2015 12:50:50 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

It's known that MAO makes DMT innactive. Only way to make it active is to use MAOi (monoamine oxidase inhibitor) or administer in path that doesn't have so much MAO. One most known is though DMT vaporisation and inhalation into lungs.
But would like to know if there alternative paths that wouldn't require MAOi and for that it would good to have MAO distribution map in the human body and know places with absorbtion. It's mentioned that it's produced in intestines but can't find in which organs exactly. Some known methods taking DMT salt water solution though nasally, anally or into colon,there was even post about lacing penis with DMT. Also sublingual dmt administration which may require maoi. What about injecting directly into salivary or other glands canals? Also way should be safe so IV for example would be dangerous with impure DMT salts.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

null24
#2 Posted : 10/25/2015 5:08:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Man, seriously ? Injecting directly into WHATStop ?

I don't think it works that way.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

sauroman1
#3 Posted : 10/25/2015 11:00:01 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

injecting or administering into parts of body that don't have MAO barrier or tissues that very well and enough quickly absorb DMT such areas where blood vessels are very close to surface.

vardlokkur
#4 Posted : 11/13/2015 3:24:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Strassman tests were done IV I believe, because IM was a rather slow/inefficient method. They didn't perform in conjunction with MAOIs of any sort AFAIK. Nasal insufflation has been reported as working dramatically well. I believe MAO is present in most all animal cells in a limited quantity, mostly in (or on?) the mitochondria, though I have read that MAO distribution in the epithelium of the small intestines is relatively high compared to the rest of the body.

In my opinion at least one of the evolutionary functions for MAO could be limiting the uptake of dietary neurotransmitters, especially for a primate who may have sustained on raw meats and plants.

The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

NotTwo
#5 Posted : 11/13/2015 12:25:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sauroman1 wrote:
What about injecting directly into salivary or other glands canals? Also way should be safe so IV for example would be dangerous with impure DMT salts.

Since this site is primarily about safety, I find it amazing that people are talking about IVing or IMing homemade substances into their body. You might be lucky and not end up with organ failure - or worse - but then again you might not set light to your kitchen by heating a pan full of solvent on your gas cooker! This takes dmt consumption into a whole new minefield that is just going to give LEOs more backup material to keep entheogens as schedule 1 substances. Shocked

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

spinCycle
#6 Posted : 11/14/2015 1:56:02 AM

Life is Art is Life

transdermal patch would be nice. Smile
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

sauroman1
#7 Posted : 12/6/2015 6:40:08 PM

Anybody from Lisbon?

NotTwo wrote:
sauroman1 wrote:
What about injecting directly into salivary or other glands canals? Also way should be safe so IV for example would be dangerous with impure DMT salts.

Since this site is primarily about safety, I find it amazing that people are talking about IVing or IMing homemade substances into their body. You might be lucky and not end up with organ failure - or worse - but then again you might not set light to your kitchen by heating a pan full of solvent on your gas cooker! This takes dmt consumption into a whole new minefield that is just going to give LEOs more backup material to keep entheogens as schedule 1 substances. Shocked

Organ failure why? I'm talking DMT extracts that people already use orally. What I'm now looking for is for alternative paths which have no MAO present in way so wouldn't require their inhibitors.

ManicMongrel
#8 Posted : 12/6/2015 10:38:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Like pointed out above, MAO-A is present in major amounts in both liver and brain so there is no way around it. Injecting doesn't really add much benefit over inhalation I'm afraid.

With both ayahausca and changa the MAO-I has to work in gut, liver and brain to extend the dmt activity.