We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Gin-a-tonic TEK Options

joedirt
#1 Posted : 10/23/2015 10:12:20 PM

Not I

Ok so this is really just an extension of the so called Lemon TEK, but this has been my preferred method of consuming shrooms now for awhile.

if you are anti alcohol then this obviously not for you.

So the way I take my shrooms now (mostly cubes).

1) I take 1 gram and finely chop the shrooms and place them in the glass
2) Take a lime wedge and squeeze the juice out on the shrooms. Some people like to toss the rest of the lime into their drink as well...
3) Let sit for a couple of minutes then add 1 shot of gin/vodka
4) Add ice
5) Add tonic to fill glass up.

I like to consume this over the course of about 15-20 minutes or so and then make another drink.

I'll do this until I get were I want to be which is typically 2-3 drinks..and yes no question at all the shrooms are a lot stronger this way. 1 gram is enough to trigger closed eye visuals at the peak and 2 drinks (2 grams) is a full blown shroom trip.. 3 grams like this is pretty far out..but as you keep going the alcohol starts to dampen more and more... that is the downside. But 1-3 shots seems to be a goldy locks zone and if I knew I wanted more I could add 1.5g per drink or something.

What I like about this is it makes the trip more social and the alcohol does help minimize the come up anxiety...as does the slower over all consumption. This is not an entheogenic tech per say. A few times a year a get up at 4am on Sunday and take a large dose of shrooms. I don't drink when I do them that way because I'm aiming for something different. But tonight my wife and I are sitting at home having gin-at-tonics and I'm having my first shroom-a-tonic as I type.

Cheers.
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 10/24/2015 2:55:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Could you elaborate a little bit more on how the alcohol interacts with the come-up? I normally advise against consuming alcohol and psychedelics because the lowered inhibitions and irrational behavior always seemed like it would go badly when combined with something that was changing your perception of reality. I guess 1-2 shots probably isn't going to do that though.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Jees
#3 Posted : 10/24/2015 10:34:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blasphemy !
Laughing

Nice to check that combo out.
Could you feel the upping from the tonic's kinine too?

joedirt
#4 Posted : 10/24/2015 12:39:05 PM

Not I

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Could you elaborate a little bit more on how the alcohol interacts with the come-up? I normally advise against consuming alcohol and psychedelics because the lowered inhibitions and irrational behavior always seemed like it would go badly when combined with something that was changing your perception of reality. I guess 1-2 shots probably isn't going to do that though.

Blessings
~ND

I actually find the lowered inhibitions from alcohol is what makes the come up easier...Partially because it helps to keep me from getting sucked into a introverted trip... Honestly I find low dose shrooms fine with other people as long as the first 1.5 hours can be done alone... a little alcohol makes it so the first 1.5 hours are still rather social (for me).

But like you noted I am only talking a small amount of alcohol here. Times that I have done psychedelics when drunk have still gone ok, only the experience was more blunted and the after glow is negatively effected. But a bit of alcohol helps ease the transition from working everyday consciousness to shroom consciousness...as does the slower consumption.

Interestingly lsat night I had 1 shroom-a-tonic and then just smoked a bit of pot. My wife kept drinking (non shroom tonics) and will likely wake up with a hangover today. Turns out shrooms have a way of making me not really want to drink all that much so it's kinda self regulating.

But I do agree you probably don't want to be piss drunk stumbling around and then slam back a few grams of shrooms.. that seems like a recipe for a really horrible time....and in fact I can recall a time or two like that with alcohol and LSD back in college where I had been drinking at the ars all night and then ended up at a late night party and taking a few hits of LSD... Even then though it wasn't horrible... it was just uncomfortable when the hangover started to kick in and the LSD was just peeking... Sad
If your religion, faith, devotion, or self proclaimed spirituality is not directly leading to an increase in kindness, empathy, compassion and tolerance for others then you have been misled.

null24
#5 Posted : 10/24/2015 4:07:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

So hey joe, you're my new favorite bartender. Where do you work? I'm coming in for REALLY happy hour.

Thumbs up
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

anne halonium
#6 Posted : 10/24/2015 10:07:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

booze and boomers.........a classic.

we dump 2 dry powder ground oz into a fifth of vodka,
and a squirt of lemon juice to the bottle as a standard recipe.

sometimes we add up to 1/4 oz cannabis wax to the bottle also.

a good 2-3 month " aging" , and your ready to go.

serves 12 with dead concert power to spare.
drunkeness, is the least of our concern with this method.

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

jamie
#7 Posted : 10/24/2015 10:57:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

for social events(which honestly for me means raves) I like to make a strong cup of organic coffee, add about half to one ounce of cacao beans powdered, maca, astragalas,ashwaganda, coconut, tumaric, spirulina, chaga and w/e other herbal supplements are around to support my system and keep me energized, then I add shrooms and honey.

That will keep ya going for hours with none of the lethargy of mushrooms alone. It is the closest to MDMA/mushroom combo I have gotten so far. Do not do this for sitting around and being social though. The stimulant aspect is quite pronounced. It keeps me dancing for hours and visuals are amazing. Without admixtures to the mushrooms I need acid, mescaline or MDMA to keep up my energy like that and stay lucid. I took this combo last night at desert dwellers and kalya scintilla because I am taking MDMA next weekend. I was really blown away and how much raw energy and extreme euphoria it produced. I have been told mushrooms with ephedra is even better.

Nothing really fully compares to MDMA combinations but sadly I can't take MDMA all the time so...

Even 2 drinks of alcohol make me feel like crap so I avoid it except for making psilocybe tincture or occasional glass of wine when I have dinner with friends. Id rather combine wine with cannabis. I really like to split a drink with someone while on MDMA and resting from dancing. Not sure why but alcohol and psilocybin seem to not synergize well for me.
Long live the unwoke.

Sandgrease
#8 Posted : 1/31/2016 2:58:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love this idea.

Sandgrease
#9 Posted : 1/31/2016 3:05:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love this idea.