We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Amanita muscaria anyone? Options

Infinite I
#1 Posted : 9/22/2009 4:36:41 PM

JC

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of these, what they think of them? advice etc. A friend of mines has recently acquired a few kilos and he said I can have as many as I like, good friend! Wink

Ive only ever tried 5g of them in the past, had a very calming effect but with some stomach problems. As a lot are available I will be able to experiment in different ways. We made tea the last time making sure the water didnt reach boiling point, I read lots about them this time last year but forget all the info Embarrased now I have more to experiement with so hopefully the info will stick with me this time.

Can you smoke the skins? Whats folks preferred preparations? I was thinking of powdering them all so you get a decent mix as Ive heard the potency varys greatly, if they were powdered then maybe it would be a balanced potency. Advice, reports, tips appreciated cheers.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/22/2009 4:50:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Im really intereseted in the red man..havent taken that journey yet but I plan on it soon..I have told it can take you on incredible journeys if you take enough..buts its more of a dissociative psychedelic..I have a freind who is really into norse mythology and he assciiates this mushroom with Oden..he sadi it took him to the underworld..not sure what that really means, he didnt go into much detail.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#3 Posted : 9/22/2009 8:40:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
Experiences differ greatly with this mushroom.
My own experience with it is quite positive.

I always felt an intellectual and physical stimulation first.
a period of great sharpness. Like a drunkennes without the sedation and sloppyness that comes with alcohol.
Your mind becomes loose in a sense.

Then, gradually you become hazy and you have LSD-like visuals, though they also differ from those of LSD in many ways.
They're not as colourfull and not as energetic. But they are very caleidoscopic. certainly when it's dark.

As a psychedelic it's pretty tame compared to LSD, psilo's, mescalin and DMT.

I have used this mushroom in combination with LSD and cannabis, and that was realy great.

For realy powerfull psychedelic experiences with this shroom, you need to take real large amounts, wich i think is unsafe considering how each shroom varies in strength.

You can ofcourse avoid this danger by doing an extraction and carefully test it. That would be the best way, i think.

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/28/2009 5:42:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Polytrip..I want to try these mushrooms..I am going out picking this week..I will make sure to confirm my ID's with numerous sources before I ingest..I have no death wish..

I want to start low..some say that these mushrooms are good in very low doses as a stimulant and tonic, and that is what I want to start with..have you tried low doses and is that so in you're experience?

I am thinking to start with maybe half a teaspoon to test them and see how that goes..

Also I think I will only go after amanita muscaria..pantherina's seem hard for me to ID..I found some gemmatas on the weekend and I couldn't quite tell the difference so I am stayind away from pantherinas for now..

Wih amanita's..did you have any interesting dreams...some sources say that the shamans eventually fall asleap and have visionary dreams..or is that only in real high doses?

I am also interested in these mushrooms as a food source after boiling them..anyone have experince with this?
Long live the unwoke.

Aegle
#5 Posted : 9/28/2009 6:25:35 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Polytrip

Thank you very much for your experience with Amanita, I have been wanting to journey with this red and white mushroom for sometime now. What would you suggest to be the best way of preparation? I have heard quite a number of methods of preparation but i would really like to know what you would suggest.

Much Peace and Respect
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 9/28/2009 6:46:10 PM

Teotzlcoatl

If your going to do it right then ya gotta drink your own urine (or some other person's urine but I prefer my own).

I'm being serious.

I did it.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

jamie
#7 Posted : 9/28/2009 8:01:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ha..well I can respect that..coatl you are really one of a kind!...was it more entheogenic that way?

What dosage of mushrooms did you start with..and was it muscaria or a diff variety?

Was there any visions?
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 9/28/2009 8:19:14 PM

Teotzlcoatl

The experience was like a slightly psychedelic drunkenness until I drank my own urine.

After that I went into a dream like state that was truly visual and entheogenic.

It was amazing, and really made me respect Amanita muscaria as a true entheogen.

I have repeated the experience a number of times and it always is the same- Drunkenness until I "recycle my fluids", then a psychedelic dream state.

WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 9/28/2009 8:20:22 PM

Teotzlcoatl

It was Siberian Amanita muscaria with bright red caps, grade A+.

I started with 3g the first time but I think around 7g (+ urine) is a good dose.

jamie
#10 Posted : 9/28/2009 10:04:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool.I will prob start with 1 gram and work my way up to be safe. Thanks.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#11 Posted : 9/28/2009 11:51:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have never eaten more then 3 of these mushrooms or 1 pantherine. A method i used is soaking the dried shrooms in warm (not hot water).

I think that's a small dose considering i have never had visions that can compare to the psilocybe shrooms, ayahuasca, mescaline or even LSD.

Someone on this site, i believe it was infundibulum, but i'm not shure has posted a thread about using them as food.

Dried ones have a neutral taste.

I have always been a bit reluctant to go far with this shroom and take more than 3. With a standard extract that would be different, if you have enough to get to know the strength.

I don't know if taking more of it also increases the duration.
As a stimulant they're absolutely great in these low amounts.

Aegle
#12 Posted : 9/29/2009 10:19:28 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

polytrip wrote:
I have never eaten more then 3 of these mushrooms or 1 pantherine. A method i used is soaking the dried shrooms in warm (not hot water).

I think that's a small dose considering i have never had visions that can compare to the psilocybe shrooms, ayahuasca, mescaline or even LSD.

Someone on this site, i believe it was infundibulum, but i'm not shure has posted a thread about using them as food.

Dried ones have a neutral taste.

I have always been a bit reluctant to go far with this shroom and take more than 3. With a standard extract that would be different, if you have enough to get to know the strength.

I don't know if taking more of it also increases the duration.
As a stimulant they're absolutely great in these low amounts.

Thank you Polytrip

I find it very fascinating that dried Amanitas can be used as food, i will definitely look up that thread. So you found the experience to be a stimulating one at a three mushroom dose? Not dream like and hazy? Do tell me more.....

Much Peace

The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

soulfood
#13 Posted : 9/29/2009 10:32:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I've heard that "human-internal processed" amanita pantherina can be an amazing experience. There was a thread on here a while back about folk drinking their own urine and having some seriously amazing experiences... I felt really left out, I just don't have the stomach for it.

Ir does seem though, that they're pretty pointless the first time round.

Aegle
#14 Posted : 9/29/2009 10:47:35 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Polytrip

Is this the thread you were talking about? Amanita Muscaria it was posted by Entropymancer. Really awesome thread....
I am fascinated by Amanita Muscarias's stimulating properties at low dosesas as well as low dose Amanita Pantherina how do the two compare in affects and experience?

Much Peace and Happiness

polytrip
#15 Posted : 9/29/2009 2:08:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, that was the thread i was talking about.

In low doses the two mushrooms are very much alike.
The stimulating properties of both are especially interesting because it is not as much physically stimulating, but more mentally.

After a couple of hours of this stimulation, you start to get mild visual effects. The feeling then is a bit of drunkennes, or GHB like, but very nice. The visual effects are not very colourfull but have the caleidoscopic effects of those of LSD.

I have used them with LSD a couple of times and that was realy nice.
Halfway the trip the lSD visuals suddenly started to become much more refined and detailed.

Aegle
#16 Posted : 9/29/2009 2:25:02 PM

Cloud Whisperer

polytrip wrote:
Yes, that was the thread i was talking about.

In low doses the two mushrooms are very much alike.
The stimulating properties of both are especially interesting because it is not as much physically stimulating, but more mentally.

After a couple of hours of this stimulation, you start to get mild visual effects. The feeling then is a bit of drunkennes, or GHB like, but very nice. The visual effects are not very colourfull but have the caleidoscopic effects of those of LSD.

I have used them with LSD a couple of times and that was realy nice.
Halfway the trip the lSD visuals suddenly started to become much more refined and detailed.

Polytrip

Thank you for answering all my questions and for giving me a renewed interest in a low dose of both these mushrooms. The affect of mental stimulation intrigues me greatly, as well as the kaleidoscopic visuals. Im definitely going to have to make a plan to journey with these mushrooms in the not to distant future.

Much Peace

jamie
#17 Posted : 9/29/2009 5:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
I've heard that "human-internal processed" amanita pantherina can be an amazing experience. There was a thread on here a while back about folk drinking their own urine and having some seriously amazing experiences... I felt really left out, I just don't have the stomach for it.

Ir does seem though, that they're pretty pointless the first time round.

I might try it sometime...seems worth it.
Long live the unwoke.

SnozzleBerry
#18 Posted : 9/29/2009 6:35:42 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Amanitas are enjoyable, albeit peculiar. One thing I would note is that they can carry a very heavy initial body load. I would agree with polytrip on the urine statement, although, I find that prior to drinking my urine, if I go walk around, I will feel incredibly emboldened and incredibly energetic. I remember thinking, on my first experience, "wow, I have so much energy, I could totally see how the vikings could have used these to induce berserker rages". All that would be necessary to my mind would be the appropriate stimulus, a target for the excess energy to be released as rage.

Additionally, I have never found these to be highly visual. They definitely affect my thought processes and optical processing, but it is markedly different from the more commonly used psychoactives. On the whole, I would say they are enjoyable, definitely intriguing and worth exploring, but they fail to achieve the same level of submersion as psilocybin, mescaline, lsd, DMT, etc. Even for dream states, it does not even begin to approach the dreams/visions of a weaker ayahuasca experience.

I haven't combined them with anything else, but could definitely see the potential.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ñuke mapu
#19 Posted : 10/11/2009 1:34:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Amanitas are really nice. I pick them every autumn and dry them. Then i simmer them in water for about 40 min, evaporate and drink. Or powder them and put them in gelcaps. 5g is like taking a sedative. 8g is stronger, like taking a medium strong dose of a hallucinogen like lsd yet not. It sures gives a dreamy state of mind. I have yet not taken more than 8g. but someday i will try out a stroner dose.

But i don't drink my urine Smile

The only negative side of amanitas is their taste..(for me) oh and the body load they can give..
I have a freind that liked to mix amanitas with san pedro, saying it gives the visions more time to show themself, like slowing down things even more? He also did smoke salvia x5 on that same night and told me it was a really nice combination. Amanitas slowed down things he told me.

jaguar
#20 Posted : 10/11/2009 10:55:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a really nice relationship with that mushroom. This is really mystic stuff, once when I was in a forest I called them mentally and only minutes after that they guided me to their place. So you can say, we became very good friends.

Drying them and eating the powder is one way. But my prefered method of ingestion is soaking the fresh mushrooms in drinkable alcohol (like vodka) for some weeks. I use about 7 caps in one bottle. Mainly I use them for having very meaningful and interesting dreams. So I drink only one small glass of their extract (about 2-4 cl) before bed.

When waking up during those nights, I always see rich hypnagogic patterns and quite a few times I managed to achive the lucid dream state. Especially interesting was one occasion when I combined them with a nicotine patch. It was one of the most bizarre and impressive kind of dreams I have ever had.

Haven't experimented much with using them in the waking state, but maybe I will give it a try soon.

And there's more:

The next day after such a night, I always experience very strong erections (triggered by the REM-state of course, but quite intensified and longer lasting) and a general hornyness. And there is still a very noticable effect of relaxation during the day, lasting at least until afternoon. It gives me a feeling of great happiness, like I think: "This world is really nice, I am so happy, that I can enjoy it so much".

So overall: this is a very nice friend.

12NEXT